• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's crazy offstage gimp?

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
I think it only depends on where they DI out of.
I really don't think someone would really want to DI towards the stage unless they arn't paying attention
and it can be teched ;-;

Heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JrMULzYCfk

And it doesn't neccesarily have to be set up that way
just get whomever offstage, ff fair or someother way to knock the into the stage, then footstool
i messed it up by springing obviously

just wanted to know if anyone else knew about this (the footstool part)

cause ffbair deaths only works on fd

Umby

Smash Master
That's not really too far out of the ordinary. Tbh, most people double jump and bair-stagespike after that kind of fair. It's possible spring is more reliable vs horrible recoveries like Ganondorf's, but in general, bair is more likely to **** up the cast in general unless they wall tech.

edit: I'm pretty sure the footstool part is often accidental if it happens, but it's a welcome addition to any gimp.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, that was definitely whack DI on the Ganon's part. I liked the idea though, quick thinking. The jab - dtilt was nice.

:093:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Yeah I think it was bad DI, however I get a similar effect if I hit with the hitbox behind Fair and if they escape before the final hit. I never get that Bair though.

Top Bottom