• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic vs Toon Link

Umby

Smash Master
Boring fight. Just make sure you DI out of the second bair. Bombs are easy to avoid/catch. Only projectile threats are boomerang and arrow, in which each player will have a specific pattern that they don't notice they are following. Find it and punish it.

Don't use Homing Attack, for God's sake. Please don't.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
This is basicly my main and secondary fighting.

Sonic can most likely beat Toon Link if avoids most of the projectiles.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You need to be the one applying pressure and don't let him pressure you. Every time he pulls out a bomb, get on his *ss asap. Walk away from his dair then grab him. You can airdodge/spring out of his second bair at low %. Spindash cancels arrows and boomerangs, helping you approach at the same time.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Not all TL's will be predictable and try to get you with a D-air, but if you see it coming, you can try a flashy springvincibility setup>B-air/U-air for the kill, or do a retreating fsmash to counter (the input is back+forward smash - analog, not c-sticked, in the same speed that you'd do a dash dance)

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i think bair is best to k.o.
otherwise i kill n00bz by rolling bhind htem wile they are chargin an fsmash, and then i fsmash them from bhind...

pretty annoying match 4 sonic,.. since spammy projectiles stop spinn dash,

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
lolwut? sonic beats tooon link?

i thought ?TL had the better airgame

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Whatever you do avoid using the homing attack.
When he starts firing his arrows and boomerangs just spindash through them and you can usually get in close and pop TL into the air for a quick combo.

If TL starts to harassh with SH Nairs it can be a bit annoying since its fast, has good priority.
However you can Utilt/Usmash him away.
Just don't let him pressure you and try to maintain the spacing since once you are far away, he's going to start chucking those arrows at you in an effort to bait you.

His Fsmash isn't as good as it appears. DI really helps you avoid the second hit as does the spring.
Watch out for the Dsmash though if you get caught by it DI during the SECOND hit.
If you DI the first hit you could get sent flying behind TL and that is something you do not want to happen.

TL has a decent aerial game but Sonic's is overall better because it isn't as resitrcted.

TL's Uair sticks out for too long and has a narrow hitbox.
His Dair is really only useful for edge guarding (but some like to surprise you wth a SH Dair so be wary of that as well)
Fair actually comes out the same speed as your Bair but has more priority to it.
Bair is ****, try to avoid it.
Nair is a bit annoying but like his other aerials as a somewhat narrow hitbox that is broken by a Utilt/Usmash

Overall he is sort of like DK.
His Bair is his most effective aerial and his best method of approach. So thats the one you relaly have to look out for, the Fair is like your Bair, TL needs to set it up but unlike you he cannot do it as easily and relies on the opponent already being off the edge (while Sonic has his charges/Dashes and throws to set up into the Bair)

Tenki

Smash Hero
his U-air has a hitbox under him

I think I've died while jumping and trying to U-air my brother (from the first hit) from under TL's U-air ;_;

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
(1) Why does everybody say not to use the Homing Attack? What happens?

(2) Now, does Sonic's Spin Dash/Charge simply go through the projectiles like Snake's Nikita missile, or does it get clang canceled?

Also, I can't stop watching Teh Umby's sig. O_O S-so...hypnotizing...

Umby

Smash Master
You don't Homing Attack TL because his fairs and bairs will catch it just about every time. If not those two attacks, more likely his utilt or usmash will catch it. Also, he has one of the easiest times punishing a missed homing attack, considering the properties of his attacks.

Arrows clang cancel Spin Dash iirc. I imagine you would clang cancel with bombs, but then the explosion burns you.

Top Bottom