• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic (universe) Boss in Subspace

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, chaos should be the boss.
The primare to have a very good chance of being playable ( metal sonic as an alternate costume for Sonic).
i guess he didn't read Chaos is a good guy now and him being a boss is very unlikely.He might pop up as an AT.But i would prefer to have Dr.Eggman and Metal Sonic to fight you all at once.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, why would Eggman be a boss? He's perfectly sane (okay, sane enough) so would not ally with the Subspace Army. Then again, if you fought him at the start as Sonic then gained him as an ally later on...

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Well, why would Eggman be a boss? He's perfectly sane (okay, sane enough) so would not ally with the Subspace Army. Then again, if you fought him at the start as Sonic then gained him as an ally later on...
Well, he starts bad then becomes good then goes back to being bad again,so he probably would ally with the Subspace Army.:ohwell:

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Eggman good? HELL NO!!! Eggman if he is in SSE would be one of the master minds behind it, technology is his strong point and maybe he was the one who invented some of the bad guys in the SSE, i wanna see badniks return as you play through the stage, they were full of classic goodness.

finalark

SNORLAX
Eggman good? HELL NO!!! Eggman if he is in SSE would be one of the master minds behind it, technology is his strong point and maybe he was the one who invented some of the bad guys in the SSE, i wanna see badniks return as you play through the stage, they were full of classic goodness.
Well, he has only been a good guy when something threatens his world....

So he could be a good guy if the Sub Space tries to destroy Sonic's world.

But I'm going with no.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Then all that leaves us is Metal Sonic, if you want Eggman to be good or help the heroes then the SSA would have taken over or stolen Metal Sonic and used him to their will, maybe even they're using Metal Sonic idea and trying to create Metal forms of all the other characters. Like Metal Mario or Metal Fox or even Metal Snake.
If Metal Sonic is the boss from the Sonic series, then he can be mistaken as Sonic and gets the heroes to fight the real Sonic.

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
In more recent games such as Sonic Rivals 2 Metal Sonic has been reprogrammed by Eggman and now does his biding. It would make sense to fight them both.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
fair enough, i can settle with that. I just want Metal Sonic to be in Brawl as a boss. Funny enough Metal Sonic is being in more sonic games atm of recent. e.g. Sonic Rivals 1 & 2

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
not as bosses, Chaos is good now and Biolizard is dead, they wont resserect the dead for this game Petey Pirana is in Brawl as a consistent boss

Cless

Smash Champion
Perfect Chaos?

But it's most likely going to be Eggman. He has the potential to come back and be different every time.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
not as bosses, Chaos is good now and Biolizard is dead, they wont resserect the dead for this game Petey Piranha is in Brawl as a consistent boss

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea who Biolizard is.

Any of the other three are great choices, but Chaos is my favorite, probably because he is my favorite villain from the Sonic series.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Knuckles.

Think about it. It all makes sense. Tails is already an AT. Eggman has his chances, but Knuckles is Sonic's eternal rival for all time, plus fans want to see him in brawl.

I think knuckles will be the boss for Sonic's series, if he is to have one.

Cless

Smash Champion
Tails is not an AT. Knuckles is not evil and does not wish to control the world. It would piss people off if he wasn't playable, and Eggman has been the Sonic villain for forever.

Chaos is not a villain. Eggman is a villain. Chaos isn't.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Tails is not an AT. Knuckles is not evil and does not wish to control the world. It would piss people off if he wasn't playable, and Eggman has been the Sonic villain for forever.

Chaos is not a villain. Eggman is a villain. Chaos isn't.
Tails is more or less an AT. He won't be playable and neither will Knuckles. If anything, Knuckles may have only gotten recognition on the Dojo and thats all. Nothing more. For all we know he may not even be in the game.

MM125

Smash Rookie
Chaos, Sure
Biolizard, Why not?
Metal, Definately
Eggman, no He'll just be in some stupid robot.

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
Eggman would be the only boss out of the ones you picked. I don't see why not for Metal Sonic but Eggman has a better chance. But then again Metal Sonic could transform into Metal Overload like he did in Sonic Heroes.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah Metal Sonic & Eggman/Robotnik are the most likely bosses. Biolizard and haos are just there because they have a chance, just not as much a chance as the 1st 2.

xXKilla BGXx

Smash Rookie
I'd say seeing that Sonic 06 is one of Sonic's recent game...Mephilis wouldn't be bad as a boss either.

Why? Because of the fact that Mephilis actually killed Sonic...A goal that Metal Sonic could not achieve.

SonicMario

Smash Master
True. But Mephiles is unlikely. He never appeared once on a Nintendo console. I know that Silver already appears, but he did actually appear as an unlockable character in the party mode of Secret Rings.

Just because a character had a most recent game, does not mean it will get representation in Brawl. Like how Wario would have had Tiny-Wario instead of Wario-man as the Final Smash if that were true. Our best hopes are these 4 right here. Most likely is the 1st 2.

xXKilla BGXx

Smash Rookie
True. But Mephiles is unlikely. He never appeared once on a Nintendo console. I know that Silver already appears, but he did actually appear as an unlockable character in the party mode of Secret Rings.

Just because a character had a most recent game, does not mean it will get representation in Brawl. Like how Wario would have had Tiny-Wario instead of Wario-man as the Final Smash if that were true. Our best hopes are these 4 right here. Most likely is the 1st 2.
But Sonic's model is based off Sonic 06, plus his victory music is the "stage cleared" from Sonic 06. I don't think it matters what character been on a Nintendo console or not.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Still,, Mephiles isn't iconic enough. That's why most of us want Eggman/Robotnik. He's been a villian since 1991, and any of his robots or even a new one specifically for the Subspace Emmisiary could easily be made. Metal Sonic is a close 2nd, and just like with Biolizard: Isn't Mephiles Dead?

EDIT: And Sonic's model in Sonic 06 is just a high-def version of his appearences in the Adventure series.

xXKilla BGXx

Smash Rookie
Still,, Mephiles isn't iconic enough. That's why most of us want Eggman/Robotnik. He's been a villian since 1991, and any of his robots or even a new one specifically for the Subspace Emmisiary could easily be made. Metal Sonic is a close 2nd, and just like with Biolizard: Isn't Mephiles Dead?

EDIT: And Sonic's model in Sonic 06 is just a high-def version of his appearences in the Adventure series.
Mephiles dead or not, it wouldn't matter when it comes to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I understand Eggman being a villain since 1991 and all, but in the recent games...He turns out to not be the real villain. Mephiles for the Subspace Emmisiary can easily be made as well.

And Sonic's model in Sonic Adventure is completly different from eachother.
In Sonic Adventure, he is very short and kind of roundish.
In Sonic Adventure 2, he's skinnier and more lengthy, with a darker blue.
In Sonic 06, he's 5 foot tall, and he's sky-blueish.

splits93

Smash Rookie
yeah i think the first 2 have the best advantage of being the boss who know u maybe able to play them after u beat them

SonicMario

Smash Master
I would seriously doubt Shadow's chances at becoming a Boss. I do not expect any Sonic bosses to actually fight Sonic himself in the SSE. If any of these, Eggman/Robotnik is most likely the boss and will fight someone else. Like maybe he will try to capture Pikachu and make him into a robot like he used to do in the classic games to small animals. Sonic will probably fight a Nintendo-related boss, if not: A Metal Gear or (Assuming) a Megaman boss.

EDIT: Shadow's best chances is an Alt for Sonic. But that won't happen either because of the Overalls Wario update, so don't be surprised if Shadow can only be in the Subspace Emissiary as one of those powerup stickers.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Eggman and Metal Sonic.

I think we will just get a "Shadow-like costume"for Sonic.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Metal Sonic makes the best sense because he could be under the SSE's control to capture characters and also Eggman has allied up (SSE) with them being their technology mastermind.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of bosses that would fit in the SSE from the Sonic games. Robotnik is a shoe-in, and the others have pretty good chances too.

Top Bottom