• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic (universe) Boss in Subspace

SonicMario

Smash Master
We all know that a story mode called the Subspace Emissiary will feature fightable bosses. Only question is, will all franchises have at least one Boss? If yes, does that include 3rd party ones? Will this thread is gonna be used to talk about maybe the most likely of the Sonic bosses. I have 4 ideas that both have likely probability. I have listed Advantage & Disadvantages

Sonic Boss I: Dr. Robotnik/Eggman

Full Name: Dr. Ivo Robotnik
1st Apperence: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis, 1991)
Special Abilities: I.Q. of 300, Ability to make Death Machines
Description: The 1st villian in the Sonic series, a true classic for the Sonic fanboys: Dr. Robotnik, Now known as Dr. Eggman was as Bowser was to Mario, as he was to Sonic. His 1st games had him turn poor animals into Robots that Sonic had to set free. Not to mention he built what was inspired by one of the greatest Sci-fi movies of all time (The Death Egg was based on the Death Star from Star Wars). His appearence and voice has changed throughout the years. The 1st time he had a voice was not a game however, but rather in the cartoons. He didn't get a real voice in the games until 1999 in Sonic Adventure, the same time Sega changed his named to Eggman. Robotnik is a likely choice for boss because of his reference to all of the Sonic franchise's history, he started as the main boss and still is. If Sakauri wanted a true boss for the Sonic franchise, he would be it
Advantages
*1st Boss of the Sonic Franchise
*His place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
*Any of his Huge machines could be a great idea for a Boss Stage
*More non-Sonic Fans would know him better then the others listed here
Disadvantages
*His machines lack the strength of the the other bosses shown. Sakauri may choose something tougher (Of course this doesn't much affect the chances of it)

Sonic Boss II: Metal Sonic (Or any other Variation of him)

1st Appearence: Sonic CD (1993, Sega CD)
Special Abilities: Many abilties like Sonic, plus a Dark Sheild
Description: A very popular villian who surpisingly does not recurr alot in the Sonic series. His 1st appearence was in Sonic CD. Where Sonic had to race him and save Amy Rose from his grasp. He also has a different variation called Mecha Sonic that appeared in Sonic & Knuckles, who is almost as popular if not more. His current appearence was in Sonic Heroes, where he transformed into Metal Madness and then Metal Overlord. Since then, he hasn't made another appearence except maybe in Cameos. Will Brawl feature him as a boss?
Advantages
*2nd most popular in this thread
*Classic Villian
*Could be paired up with Robotnik because he created him.
*His other forms may be great examples for Boss material
Disadvantages
*Although Classic, is less popular then Robotnik
*His shortage of appearences is a negative factor.
*Shows clone attacks to Sonic (Luigified Boss????)

Sonic Boss III: Biolizard
(I'm sorry if I have the Sonic X one, I couldn't find Artwork)
1st Apperence: Sonic Adventure 2 (2001, Dreamcast)
Abilities: Dark Electric blasts, Tail whap, Chaos Control
Description: A more recent Villian, Biolizard is the prototype to Shadow the Hedgehog. He was the final boss in SA2 & SA2: Battle the same exact game pretty much. He fought Shadow during the last story and then faced Super Sonic & Shadow, which led to his death, and what was originally Shadow's death. With this guy's size & abilites he may be a good candidate for boss. However, many things put him at a disadvantage as seen below. But it would just be too awesome to have THIS song(press click here)
Advantages
*Huge lumbering size provides
*Abilities good enough for an orginal boss
*SA2 is being represented, as proven by Live & Learn song
Disadvantages
*Least known & popular
*Many Sonic fanboys may be outraged for choosing a more recent one
*DEAD Villian (Super Sonic & Shadow kill him)
*Too Powerful?? (It took Super Sonic & Shadow just to beat him)

Sonic Boss IV: Chaos (any form)
(His original form)
1st Apperence: Sonic Adventure (1999, Dreamcast)
Abilties: Water Flexibility, extendable arms, several forms depending how many Chaos Emeralds are absorbed
Description: Chaos is the main recurring villian in Sonic Adventure, the 1st Sonic 3D game (Not counting 3D blast or Sonic Jam). His motive was taht he was angry at people for what has been done to him in the past. he is the guardian of the Chao, the creatures you take care of if you wanted to in the Adventure series. They were knocked down by a echidna tribe which caused him to attack. A female echidna named Tikal, who befriended him pleaded to the master emerald to stop him. But as a price, she is trapped in the Emerald with him. In the game, he is Sonic's main blocker when he himself is trying to collect the emeralds. Chaos eventually gets them all and faces Super Sonic at the end. While Chaos wasn't killed like Biolizard was, he was made nicer somehow (I still don't know how a punch from Super Sonic in the brain can make you nicer). His recent appearences are Sonci Adventure DX which was a remake, and Sonic battle. Where he had a minor part of the story, he was jush fought and nothing else happened except you unlocked him. His liquid abilites make him another good idea. However, he has his weaknesses
Advantages
*Liquid makes great orginial Boss material
*Since Live & Learn made it, it is possible that Open Your Heart can make it too. Which was Sonic Adventure's main theme.
*His many forms
Disadvantages
*While recurring, is only more popular then Biolizard then anybody on this list
*Once again, outrage at current villians from fanboys
*While not dead, he is in fact "Non-canon" in games after Sonic Adventure due to him being back in the Emerald with Tikal
*Depending on which form, may be considered too powerful. Especially in Perfect form, Only Super Sonic could defeat the Perfect form.

Now I am not saying that there is goign to be one, we're not even sure of Sonic's role in it yet, or if he even gets a role. But I doubt that Sonic & Mario posing at that video was a coincidence. Also, we've seen Stickers and music from the series. If a 3rd party boss from Metal Gear shows up, there's ought to be one from here. We're getting more 3rd party stuff then most people realize, and Bosses may not be that far from having one.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
i think chaos in its last form would be the sweetest by far.
but most likely it'll be eggman in some ridiculous oversized blimp or mech.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
How can Metal Sonic have been revived if he was never destroyed in the first place?
He's even stronger now since he can also DNA copy everyone because of the special chip Dr.Eggman installed inside him.
Chaos is not even evil anymore, so it doesn't make sense for him to be a boss.
The Biolizard was completely destroyed, the best choice would be Metal Sonic alongside Dr.Eggman.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i never said he was destroyed, i meant as in appearance in games... i mean come on from Sonic CD to Sonic Heroes is a huge gap for Metal sonic to not appear in. Sonic R, SA2B and SADX did have him in it don't get me wrong but Sonic R is a racing game not a follow on from the series
SA2B had Metal sonic as a playable for racing
SADX just had staying in a pod

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
i never said he was destroyed, i meant as in appearance in games... i mean come on from Sonic CD to Sonic Heroes is a huge gap for Metal sonic to not appear in. Sonic R, SA2B and SADX did have him in it don't get me wrong but Sonic R is a racing game not a follow on from the series
SA2B had Metal sonic as a playable for racing
SADX just had staying in a pod
Well Metal Sonic also appeared in Sonic Triple Trouble as one of the final boss in the game, you also seem to forget he was the final boss In Knuckles Chaotix also.

Here's a video of the Metal Sonic fight in Knuckles Chaotix:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5GkvLhTAnE&feature=related

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Metal Sonic was is Knuckles Chaotix? I never got that game, didn't knew it existed till a year ago, well still Metal Sonic is a prime boss, Snake could be told from either the general or someone else to watch out for a fake sonic if Sonic and Snake ever team up in the Subspace emissary

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Well they could always pull a Sonic Heroes and have Metal Sonic impersonate Eggman (again!) and fight him that way. Then after you beat him as "Eggman", he could revert back to his normal form and you fight him that way...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Well they could always pull a Sonic Heroes and have Metal Sonic impersonate Eggman (again!) and fight him that way. Then after you beat him as "Eggman", he could revert back to his normal form and you fight him that way...
He can't copy people apparence anymore, since he lost his Neo form after Dr.Eggman removed the special AI chip after Sonic Heroes. However he can still copy other people techniques but he's back to being a mindless servant.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Not really, he still has his own thoughts and hatred towards sonic. Though he maybe a slave i still think Metal would be the perfect boss fight in brawl for someone like Mario

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
He can't copy people apparence anymore, since he lost his Neo form after Dr.Eggman removed the special AI chip after Sonic Heroes. However he can still copy other people techniques but he's back to being a mindless servant.
I don't recall that ever being stated (Rivals 1 or 2 since he's all obedient there?). But even if that's true, no one said they had to use the most recent Metal... though they probably will if he's included.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I don't recall that ever being stated (Rivals 1 or 2 since he's all obedient there?). But even if that's true, no one said they had to use the most recent Metal... though they probably will if he's included.
It has been stated in his official bio on Sonic channel, the most recent Metal is the same one Sonic been fighting since the first day unless your talking about Mecha Sonic who is an entirely different robot.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
People are saying that Biolizard and Chaos couldn't be bosses because they're too obscure/unimportant. To that I say PETEY 'MAN-PACKAGE' PHIARANNA.
That guy's less important than Waluigi, and he's the first boss we saw. Besides, Bosses should be big, screen-covering giant monsters, with lots of surface area for the heroes to unleash awesome on. And the Biolizard fits that quite well.

Besides, if a character of a size like Metal was a boss, people would wonder why he wasn't a playable character.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
People are saying that Biolizard and Chaos couldn't be bosses because they're too obscure/unimportant. To that I say PETEY 'MAN-PACKAGE' PHIARANNA.
That guy's less important than Waluigi, and he's the first boss we saw. Besides, Bosses should be big, screen-covering giant monsters, with lots of surface area for the heroes to unleash awesome on. And the Biolizard fits that quite well.

Besides, if a character of a size like Metal was a boss, people would wonder why he wasn't a playable character.

Then how about a fight where Dr.Eggman is using a giant mech while Metal Sonic assit him by ramming you etc.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
... it died off in SA2B and NEVER to return, like all bosses except Eggman & Metal Sonic. You need to them to still be living withing the game. Not resurrect a dead villain for the sake of it

finalark

SNORLAX

The only reason I say that Biolizard and Chaos are pobably not going to be bosses is becuase:

1: Biolizard is dead

2: Chaos is insider the Master Emerald. Then again, he was playable in that Sonic fighting game on the GBA that name escapes me.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
He didn't die, he's immortal. He just got sealed inside his lamp. The Ancient Minister could find The Arabian Nights (the book) and set him free somehow.

EDIT: didn't sonic drop the lamp in lava or somethin'? nevermind... lol

DOUBLE EDIT: Yeah, but he's still immortal. AM could set him free somehow.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Metal Sonic. But he'd be a Luigifies Sonic though, dang it. I still love him though. Eggman would probably be the best, with his giant mechs.

SonicMario

Smash Master
You guys know that Ganondorf dies in most of the Legend of Zelda games right? Yet he is in Melee, and more likely to be in Brawl.

finalark

SNORLAX
He didn't die in OOT! I think... didn't he get (highlight for OOT spoilers)
locked away in the sacred realm at the end of the game?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Still, that is similar to how Chaos is trapped even though perhaps Non-canoncially. He came out in Sonic Battle. But I know for a fact he has died, like for example Wind Waker. Sword in the head. Even though I'm not even sure of the Zelda community considers WW canon.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Weeellll technically, since WW is generally agreed on to be the last part in the Zelda timeline, it IS possible that ganondorf DID die...

On topic, i think the only viable sonic bosses would be eggman or metal sonic.... and no one would fight metal sonic but sonic, since metal is OBSESSED with him...

Cless

Smash Champion
What? No it's not. That doesn't even make sense. Link to the Past is the last time Link uses the Master Sword chronologically. How can Wind Waker be after that?

If Sonic has a boss, I'd rather it be Eggman. Though he might be unwieldy to make, so Metal Sonic might be easier... Whatever, I don't care. It'll be cool either way.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The way I see it, the "boss" character from the Sonic universe MUST be Robotnik. He's the villain. Period. Sonic has other enemies, but none of them are as prominent, not even Metal. Chaos is cool, but ultimately unimportant. Same goes for Biohazard, only 10 fold.

That said, I don't think Sonic necessarily needs a boss from his universe. He is a guest character after all. Who says there will even be a boss for every franchise? Correct me if I'm missing someone, but the only bosses we've seen in SSE who aren't playable characters in their own right are Petey Piranha and maybe Rayquayza. It's possible that we just might not see a main villain for every series. Sonic might just be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets caught up in all this "rule breaking" crap.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The way I see it, the "boss" character from the Sonic universe MUST be Robotnik. He's the villain. Period. Sonic has other enemies, but none of them are as prominent, not even Metal. Chaos is cool, but ultimately unimportant. Same goes for Biohazard, only 10 fold.

That said, I don't think Sonic necessarily needs a boss from his universe. He is a guest character after all. Who says there will even be a boss for every franchise? Correct me if I'm missing someone, but the only bosses we've seen in SSE who aren't playable characters in their own right are Petey Piranha and maybe Rayquayza. It's possible that we just might not see a main villain for every series. Sonic might just be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets caught up in all this "rule breaking" crap.
QFT.

And as kickass as it would be fighting vs. Chaos Perfect, if anyone gets in as a Boss, it's be Eggman in a giant mech.

Top Bottom