• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Texture and Music Thread

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, rememberme? nevermind, i have 2 sonic related stages in mind, and i need opinions
First, remember my city escape stage? well, i didn't add a lot of new things but, the playable part is almost complete, can you try it? it goes over FD, but it have the rel file to go over new pork city (wich goes in pf/module) and i'm testing a PAL rel file, so anyone with PAL brawl, can test it please?

the download link is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5s4mpqv9lot94oa

Also i was working on this:

But someone in the brawl vault, already did this (but only with the original brawl's GHZ), so, i was thinking in remake my Green Battlehill, with better textures, lights, and with a sweet pack of Green hill songs xD.
What do you think guys?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Is it hard to do?

Edit: Also does anyone know where I can download the FitSonic.pac at? I want to take a whack at editing things. lol
I'd say yes. Or more like no, it's just that no one has figured out how to properly do it yet.

Here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?n30s6wqni29s1zs

Hi guys, rememberme? nevermind, i have 2 sonic related stages in mind, and i need opinions
First, remember my city escape stage? well, i didn't add a lot of new things but, the playable part is almost complete, can you try it? it goes over FD, but it have the rel file to go over new pork city (wich goes in pf/module) and i'm testing a PAL rel file, so anyone with PAL brawl, can test it please?
I guess I can (PAL) and long time no see Guzzi!

True Blue

Smash Lord
Nooo!!! Not as I planned at ALL!! lol

Oh... A random question I want to ask to have figured out. What happened to the Match-Up thread in the Sonic area?

True Blue

Smash Lord
Oh okay. Oh also, have been looking through most of the old things said in this forum, was wondering about how to put the word on the spindash. Cause I saw the texture of the one for ESPY and tried to mimic that but it didn't work. So thought I would ask to make sure if there might have been anything I may have been missing.

Edit: Forget it lol. I got it to work! YAY!

Edit2: Sorry to ask again but can someone guide me to a link for the original FitSonic00 texture file.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Oh okay. Oh also, have been looking through most of the old things said in this forum, was wondering about how to put the word on the spindash. Cause I saw the texture of the one for ESPY and tried to mimic that but it didn't work. So thought I would ask to make sure if there might have been anything I may have been missing.

Edit: Forget it lol. I got it to work! YAY!

Edit2: Sorry to ask again but can someone guide me to a link for the original FitSonic00 texture file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zmyymzmtjz
In the brawl vault, you have all brawl files on the disck, xD in "resources"

True Blue

Smash Lord
Oh really? I didn't know that. I just looked at Brawl Vault as having only hacks and stuff. lol. Thanks again! Shall be the last dumb thing I post! lol.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

But someone in the brawl vault, already did this (but only with the original brawl's GHZ), so, i was thinking in remake my Green Battlehill, with better textures, lights, and with a sweet pack of Green hill songs xD.
Nice. So are you going for a Sonic Generations feel here?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Nice. So are you going for a Sonic Generations feel here?
yes, but is really hard, the effects and 3D models in generations (especially in the background) are to complex, in brawl, the background is just 3 or 4 pics, so i'm thinking in do another stage like Battlefield with textures from generations.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
yes, but is really hard, the effects and 3D models in generations (especially in the background) are to complex, in brawl, the background is just 3 or 4 pics, so i'm thinking in do another stage like Battlefield with textures from generations.
I see. Good work, anyway!;)

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So did anyone make a Robotnik texture using DDD? And make the WaddleDee/Doo some kind of badnik?

Blue Dusk

Smash Cadet
This is a very cool thread. Hey if I had my laptop I would use some of these textures (Not the stages because I don't want to interfere with Wi-Fi Mode, although they do look fun.) :) Keep up the good work.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Damn, so I have to pick one eh...

I guess I'll try editting it myself for a multicolor spindash. Red, Black and Green look alright tho...

I'll go with red

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I would try one of these but im already using a recolored spindash made by yasu(one that he made personally for me).

Kupo Rose

Late, but the blue spindash aura is still there. You only get that perfect picture whilst charging SideB. D:

The cake picture is a lie... Sort of.

edit: Oh and name it FitSonic.pac not FitSonicMotionEtc.pac

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, thats probably why it froze...

So that pac is just fitsonic.pac? not fitsonic00?

Tesh

Smash Hero
still looks pretty cool, i didnt know i had to name it that stuff, now i can finally tinker around with other stuff like this

Pretty ugly test shot, now I just need to figure out how to turn this into a true hypnosmash.

[collapse=Apparently turning the texture into a grid only gives you this, which is kind of cool anyway]

[/collapse]

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just edit the texture that is labeled "eff_sonic_punchtrace" Its just a white line that flows behind Sonic's hand when he is charging Fsmash. You can change the colors and I think I can put pointless little messages in there. Like "come at me bro" or something.

Sadly the "runtrace" texture isn't what I thought it would be. I was hoping to texture the wind behind Sonic's feet into fire, but its just the colors that fly around when he is dashing or taunting.

Kupo Rose

Just edit the texture that is labeled "eff_sonic_punchtrace"
....Maaan I'm ****ing stupid.

Btw, you see your first picture of that Fsmash, what colour(s) did you use? (Cause I'm guessing that pink/purpley colour on both pictures were not one of them).

Tesh

Smash Hero
honestly for that one i just opened up the texture in paint and splashed random lines everywhere just to test.

At first I thought it was a texture for the white splashes that pop up during jab combos or the tenderizer, but adding words to it only turned the texture solid white.

It seems like its just a very small texture that gets maps dozens of times over Fsmash charge so its probably only gonna be 1 or 2 colors no matter what you do. But the transparenty red/pink/black is kinda cool.

Tesh

Smash Hero
[collapse=Multi-color]
[/collapse]

I'll have to make a rainbow one soon.

Kupo Rose

Niiice Tesh. The reason I ask about the pink/purple colour was because Sonic's original texture always had this wierd pink overlay on him (see "Pure White Sonic, no Pink Shade" by Mewtwo2000 in the OP). The way to get it away is to (somehow) edit the mdl0 to get that pinky shade off, much like what this guy did to get those coloured spindash auras working. A while ago KC knew what textures to change in that .pac file (few paaages back) but couldn't figure out how to get that pink shade off since it just stuck there.

I'm thinking that hypno smash in your pics has that same problem.

:phone:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Gonna hafta test it once I finished re-doing my hacks, but from what I've seen, he seems to be the correct size as the normal Sonic.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If its wifi safe, that means it has 0 effect on gameplay. Easy way to test is to run an old replay with it and see if it desyncs.

Top Bottom