• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Texture and Music Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, is it possible to have one choice for CSS, and another for the main menu?

If so, I'd like that Sonic, Tails, Knux, Robotnik + background for the CSS, and perhaps the GHZ or something for the main menu.

Oh, and for sprites, go here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/

It's always been my favorite spot for sprite sheets.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I'd ask Bionic, Shado. (Lol bothersome)

@Espy: I could do that for the CSS. The main menu will look really dumb though (if you're planning on the Green Hill Zone with Sonic running) :/ cause of the distortion that Brawl does when you put a picture in. You'll probably hardly see Sonic too due to all the menus covering a lot of the space.

How about I put a picture like this in the main menu? (Or something else)

Thanks for link.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I found it shado it's in sonic's FitSonic.pac file. Where you'll also find the runtrace for his figure eight peel out. I'm editing it as we speak but no luck changing colors but i did get that blade effect.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyemy4zzkmr Theres the download link.

But inorder to get that blade effect when you go to replace a texture in brawlbox replace it with a C18 or RGB565 format. Becuz the defualt ones will just try to turn whatever color you change it to black and white. I'm experimenting right now to try and change it but IDk if you still can becuz sonic's Model itself has a blue shading outline to it which i can seem to change.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well I did it i changed sonic's aura a little bit. It has a slight Purplish aura becuz i tried to change it to pink to match My kid craft texture. I'll try to see if any of the other colors come out clearer and will upload a pic soon.

The thing that i've found out is that theres a blue layer thats overlapping with whatever color you change it to. So when applying pink onto blue it turns t into a darker sorta purple color. It's really weird but i'll try out some different colors like Yellow and Red.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187

Those are the results of about 3 hours worth of trying to tweak sonic's aura. The best and only really visible changes are if you try to turn the aura red all the way up to Purple. All the other colors really don't show Green does work but it turns the aura like an Aqua blue thats really bright. Stupid Blue Aura coating

Kupo Rose

Those are the results of about 3 hours worth of trying to tweak sonic's aura. The best and only really visible changes are if you try to turn the aura red all the way up to Purple. All the other colors really don't show Green does work but it turns the aura like an Aqua blue thats really bright. Stupid Blue Aura coating
Wow looks really good!

So in order to change Sonic's aura, you have to mix another colour with Blue? Is that right?

Blue+Red = Purple
Blue+Yellow = Green

Would something like that work?

edit: Lol. You're too kind, Speed.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Alright first off yes you have 2 mix'n'match colors but it will still have that bluish tone to it due to some kinda coating it has.
second, the textures to edit are the spintraces they should start right after the set of runtrace_## textures.

On a side note, Speed i still gotta give you your updated super sonic texture i was gonna give you in December lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SoniKupo, the CSS looks great, thanks.

Oh, but for the menu. How about just a custom made Green Hill Zone background?
You can even make a custom section of the level using those sprites from that link I provided.

Is that possible?

I love the Super Sonic BG, but it's a little...odd, since it's all stretched out.

Kupo Rose

SoniKupo, the CSS looks great, thanks.

Oh, but for the menu. How about just a custom made Green Hill Zone background?
You can even make a custom section of the level using those sprites from that link I provided.

Is that possible?
Yeah I could do that, I've got a busy workload again in college so it's gonna be quite a wait.

I love the Super Sonic BG, but it's a little...odd, since it's all stretched out.
It irks me as well but the Green Hill Zone will be like that too. I can't do anything about the stretching.

Glad you like it the CSS!

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
Off-topic:

What sizes work with the CSS background editing? Because I've tried 640 x 640 and 256 x 320 (Whatever the dimensions the space one was), but it still didn't work, my game kept freezing.

The rest:

Has anyone made an Excalibur Sonic texture hack (without the sword, obviously)? I'd use it.

Kupo Rose

Are you sure 256x320 doesn't work? 'Cause that's what mines are.

Excalibur Sonic? Don't think so and it's not difficult to see the reason why lol. >.>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I've seen a texture where Sonic has the glove... I forgot where I saw that though.

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
I'm positive its 256 x 320. I named the file MenSelchrFaceB.001, put it on sc_selcharacter.pac, and pretty much followed the guide you posted a while back.

Every CSS option freezes my game too. I've tried to rearrange the character selection icons twice now and its always frozen. ;-;

I've seen Gloved Sonic too, Kinzer. Didn't download it though, I like what hacks I have already. For now, anyway.

Kupo Rose

I'm positive its 256 x 320. I named the file MenSelchrFaceB.001, put it on sc_selcharacter.pac, and pretty much followed the guide you posted a while back.

Every CSS option freezes my game too. I've tried to rearrange the character selection icons twice now and its always frozen. ;-;
Have you tried just putting the one I got up for download? http://www.mediafire.com/?izgjyzivhfl

It's in the "menu2" folder, right? Which is inside your "pf" folder and not the "RSBE" one.

Do you have CSS portraits btw? I remember Wedge said he had the freezing problem too but I dunno how he fixed it. :/

Sorry, I don't know >.<

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
Private > Wii > App > RSBE > PF > menu2 on the SD Card. I don't have portraits, and I'm trying your package now to see if it works.

CeroEdit: Well, this is certainly odd.

Your package works, but as far as I can see, that's the only one that works. My picture is the same size and is in the same picture format (png), but it still freezes.

Eh, I'll use yours for now until I see if I can find what the problem is.

Kupo Rose

Private > Wii > App > RSBE > PF > menu2 on the SD Card. I don't have portraits, and I'm trying your package now to see if it works.

CeroEdit: Well, this is certainly odd.

Your package works, but as far as I can see, that's the only one that works. My picture is the same size and is in the same picture format (png), but it still freezes.

Eh, I'll use yours for now until I see if I can find what the problem is.
How about you just use mine as a template then?

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
I used yours and swapped the picture for something else. Same dimensions and same format, but it still froze. Maybe its the picture, but I'll be swapping my images in place of yours to see if its not unfixable.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Kupo Rose

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyemy4zzkmr Theres the download link.

But inorder to get that blade effect when you go to replace a texture in brawlbox replace it with a C18 or RGB565 format. Becuz the defualt ones will just try to turn whatever color you change it to black and white. I'm experimenting right now to try and change it but IDk if you still can becuz sonic's Model itself has a blue shading outline to it which i can seem to change.
Alright first off yes you have 2 mix'n'match colors but it will still have that bluish tone to it due to some kinda coating it has.
second, the textures to edit are the spintraces they should start right after the set of runtrace_## textures.
*late in asking*

After I've downloaded that, what texture files do I change to C18/RGB565 format? Is it the:

eff_sonic_spin?
eff_sonic_spinL?
eff_sonic_spintrace?

Or all three?

Do I have to edit all three as well? In order to change Sonic's aura colour?

====================

====================

Just tested that menu background, Espy. Wow, I messed that up :/ I'll be sure to fix that for you.

Finally had some time do to this. You sure C18 format works? It never worked for me but RGB565 did. Also, CMPR works too. Not sure about the rest. And I see what you mean by that annoying blue coating, kid craft. This was coloured RED lol. >.>

Is there something wrong with your FitSonic.pac btw? Sonic no longer makes any sound. It's like he just became mute o.O

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Woah what timing - I was just asking about colors and sonic's spins in the what's been hacked thread.
And yeah, awesome spring.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Meh that stupid blue coating and yeah C18 format does work for me. IDK why it isn't for you. But the blue coating is probably some sort of model that goes over Sonic's spin. I know you can see the blue shading in sonic's FitSonic0#.pcs/pac files but there no way to edit it becuz it6 doesn't have any texture files. Meh. maybe when brawlbox gets more options of things to change and replace we can take off the blue coat. This might also solve the problem with sonic's final smash as his spin dash and final smash use this type of shading technique. Also i'm working on sonic spring textures ATM might decide to post some pics later.

Kupo Rose

Nah, the spring is the "FitSonicMotionEtc.pac". Just put that in your "Sonic" folder.

private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > fighter > Sonic > FitSonicMotionEtc.pac

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Done. Thanks again man.

Also Kupo, i've been wondering...it looks like you're into Sonic Riders alot (correct me if im wrong :x ). Why didnt you make your yellow Sonic Super Sonic from Sonic Riders? Unless you already have a **** texture on Yellow. :p

Top Bottom