• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Series Representation (Assist Trophies, Stages, Music, etc.)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I just remembered an idea that I had for an Assist Trophy!

I want Silver the Hedgehog to be an Assist Trophy! He can go around walking around the stage with his psychic powers and when he grabs an opponent, he screams "IT'S NO USE!" and flings them off the stage!
No, dude, It NEEDS to be Eggman! D:
Even if he's the worst Assist trophy, he must be this time.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Representation, huh?

Let's see:

ASSIST TROPHY:
-Metal Sonic (acting like where this battle truly begins, around the 40 second-ish mark)

BOSS:
-Eggman (in Death Egg Robot)

COLOR SCHEMES:
-Blue (Default)
-Red (based on Knuckles)
-Green (based on Jet)
-Orange (based on Tails)
-Shadow recolor
-Metallic (Based on Silver Sonic boss battle) ((I'd go for Metal Sonic, but there's no going around the fact that he's blue too))

MUSIC:
-Windy Hill (Default)
-Windy Valley (Sonic Adventure) ((remixed, as there are 3 songs in it))
-South Island (Sonic the Fighters)
-Green Hill (Sonic 1)
-Mystic Cave (Sonic 2)
-Hydrocity (Sonic 3)
-Big Arms boss battle (Sonic 3)
-Sonic Generations Medley

ITEMS:
-Wisps (to act like they do in Colors)

silver856

Smash Rookie
Sonic Ideas for SSB4
WII U:
Stage-Windy Hill
Music Tracks:
-Windy Hill ACT 1- Sonic Lost World
-Wonder World- Sonic Lost World
-Planet Wisp ACT 1- Sonic Colors
-Modern City Escape- Sonic Generations
-Race To Win- Sonic Rivals 2
-Sky Sanctuary- Sonic and Knuckles
-Endless Possibilities- Sonic Unleashed
-It Doesn't Matter- Sonic Adventure 2
-Back in time- Sonic R
-Molten Mine- Sonic and the Black Knight
3DS:
Stage: Nocturnus gate
Music Tracks:
Battle Theme 4- Sonic Chronicles (remixed to sound good)
Multiplayer Character Select/Crazy Gadget- Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes Special Stage Remix- Mario and Sonic at the winter games
Never let it go- Sonic the Fighters
Chao Garden (Remixed to be more fit for battle)- Sonic Adventure 2
Never turn Back- Shadow the Hedgehog
E.G.G.M.A.N- Sonic Adventure 2

Ascended

Smash Ace
ASSIST TROPHY:
Make it Tails this time.

BOSS:
Eggman, nuff said.

MUSIC:
Sonic Heroes is obviously coming back, so we'll have that.
What I'm Made Of
Solaris Phase 2
Endless Possibility
City Escape Classic Remix
Green Hill Modern Remix
Something from Sonic Lost World
Knight of the Wind
Reach For the Stars
Tropical Resort Act 1

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I want to see Eggman make it in as a boss, using the Eggmobile to alternate between his different phases from the original Sonic game (wrecking ball, spike, fireballs, mines, you get it) but I have some ideas for Assist Trophies:

Tails: Tails flies above with his two tails and holds a remote control. He'll move around a RC-biplane (think the Tornado) around the stage that fires blasts at players. An alternate idea is he can also throw down Dummy Rings as bombs.

Amy Rose: Amy looks around and notices you. She'll scream delightfully and runs towards whoever summoned her. This has advantages and disadvantages. For instance, you slow down as Amy's hugging you. Yet, if anybody uses a projectile, Amy will use her Piko Piko Hammer to send it flying back with twice the speed. This also works if you're close enough to an opponent.

Silver the Hedgehog: He concentrates and then lifts up his hand as one of your opponents suddenly freezes wherever they are, and are drawn telepathically to come near Silver as they're pummeled in-air. He shouts "IT'S NO USE!" and then, with a flick of his hand, they fly out of his grasp. If they have enough knockback, this is a definitive KO move, like Lyn. However, with more than one opponent, you rely on luck to get Silver to stop the right opponent.

Team Chaotix: The 3 pop out and pose as they split up. Vector goes right and begins punching and biting with his jaws, Espio stays in his spot and throws ninja stars, and Charmy flies above and dives down occasionally. They re-group, do a pose again and disappear.

Knuckles was supposed to have one, but I couldn't think of anything too cool, he's got more playable character potential than Assist Trophy potential.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Now that I have played Sonic: Lost World, I must say it has some pretty nice tunes. Besides the Windy Hill Zone theme (which will most likely be in Smash 4), I would love to hear these two songs in Smash 4:

♪ Sky Road Zone
♪ Dragon Dance

Also, though I doubt it would happen, I would love to see Zavok from Sonic: Lost World as an Assist Trophy. I actually thought he was pretty cool.

As for a boss, I would like to see Dr. Robotnik in either his Death Egg or Big Arm machine.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Almost all of the post-Saturn Sonic music is absolutely horrible. I know some of you are into Aerosmith soundalikes and hair metal but...I think everyone would greatly prefer music from the 4 main Genesis games and Sonic CD.
How awfully fanboyish of you, the music in the modern games is awesome notably almost everything from colours, the final boss themes of 06, unleashed, colours, adventure and adventure 2 and so many others

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
This.

Eggman should be the assist trophy. Shadow sucks.

Tails should be Sonic's Up B, a la Sonic 3.

But no more playable Sonic characters. As much as I love Sonic, I believe in one third party character per company.

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping they put in the Cash Cash remix of Big Arm from Sonic Generations. One of the best remixes I've ever heard.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As far as music goes - for Windy Hill, I would love (considering Brawl had 12 Sonic tracks IIRC, I'm going with 12 per version of Smash 4):

Windy Hill Zone 1 (the version from the Lost World OST, specifically. I tried it on Green Hill on Project M, it's amazing).
Showdown with Eggman (Sonic Lost World - I also tried this on Final Destination in Project M, and it is perfect for Smash)
Planet Wisp (a medley of all Sonic Colours versions of the track, though I'd also like the Classic remix from Generations too. Either or would make me happy)
Knight of the Wind (Sonic and the Black Knight)
A remix of Lava Reef Zone Act 1 from Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Rooftop Run (originally from Sonic Unleashed, but I'd rather the Modern remix from Generations)
Sonic Heroes Theme (if only because it being used in the Sonic trailer basically confirms it will be there. It was also in Brawl)
Escape from the City (Sonic Adventure 2, but I would prefer one of the Generations remixes)
His World (Sonic 06)
Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure)
Spring Yard Zone (Sonic 1)
Sonic 2 Ending theme (maybe a remix)

I'm hoping the 3DS version has a Sonic Rush stage, but 12 handheld Sonic game tracks I want in the 3DS version are:

What U Need (Sonic Rush)
Vela-Nova (Sonic Rush)
Wrapped In Black (Sonic Rush)
Boss Theme (Sonic Rush Adventure)
Tails' Lab (Sonic Battle)
Non-Aggression (Sonic Advance 3)
Final Boss Theme (Sonic Advance 2 - I don't mean the Extra Zone/Super Sonic fight theme, I mean the one from the regular final boss)
Neo Green Hill Zone (Sonic Advance)
Bridge Zone (Sonic 1 Game Gear)
Tropical Resort Zone Act 2 (Sonic Generations 3DS)
Big Arms Theme (Sonic Generations 3DS)
Frozen Factory Zone 1 (Sonic Lost World 3DS - a remix would be nice for this one)

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
As far as music goes - for Windy Hill, I would love (considering Brawl had 12 Sonic tracks IIRC, I'm going with 12 per version of Smash 4):
Sonic Heroes Theme (if only because it being used in the Sonic trailer basically confirms it will be there. It was also in Brawl)

I rather go with What I'm made of instead.
I'm hoping the 3DS version has a Sonic Rush stage, but 12 handheld Sonic game tracks I want in the 3DS version are:
Boss Theme (Sonic Rush Adventure)
Sky Babylon is a much better choice in my opinion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would rather What I'm Made Of, but I seriously doubt Sonic Heroes will have two tracks in this, and the main theme was used in the Sonic trailer, which confirms it will be in the game.

Sonic Rush Adventure had tons of awesome music, but the Boss Theme would be the coolest for a fighter, IMO. It's the one track from the game everyone remembers (besides A New Venture).

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'd like this song to play in Classic or Adventure mode when/if you fight Sonic:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As far as representation, we need a second representative, that's gonna be Tails, Shadow, or Amy.

We also need Knuckles as an assist trophy, he'd do the same thing as Little Mac did in Brawl.

Stages: Space Colony ARK, Egg Carrier, or Temple of Gaia

We also need music from Sonic and the Black Knight.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I love the music suggestions here.

As far as representation in terms of content, I would love to see Tails as the AT this time around.

Green Hill Zone theme should obviously be there. Many pieces of music, too many to count, such as Live and Learn, the Eggman boss theme in Lost World, Knights of the Wind, In His World, It Doesn't Matter, Chemical Plant Zone, Metal Sonic's Theme from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and so on. There is a lot of good music to choose.

I feel Eggman would make a great boss character.

He should have alt colours based off Silver, Jet, Shadow and Metal Sonic.

Knuckles and Amy I feel would be fine as stage hazards.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Green Hill Zone theme should obviously be there. Many pieces of music, too many to count, such as Live and Learn, the Eggman boss theme in Lost World, Knights of the Wind, In His World, It Doesn't Matter, Chemical Plant Zone, Metal Sonic's Theme from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and so on.
If we do get His World, it should probably stay instrumental because it has a cuss word in it.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
We need at last 1 sonic related item. A item with wisps inside would be pretty awesome, like the pokeball but with just a few wisps

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I could see the Deadly Six be a new assist trophy for the game, perhaps maybe even bosses in the Windy Hill (assuming there is a boss for that stage).

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I could see the Deadly Six be a new assist trophy for the game, perhaps maybe even bosses in the Windy Hill (assuming there is a boss for that stage).
Another cool assist trophy, though definitely unlikely...

Admit it. Eggman as an assist trophy would be awesome.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised to see a lack of Sonic Assist Trophy in the Smash Bros. Direct (especially since we saw Elec-Man from Mega Man). As appropriate as Shadow's Chaos Control was, it would be nice to see someone else, preferably Robotnik (I still want Tails as a playable character, but that seems unlikely).

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I was surprised to see a lack of Sonic Assist Trophy in the Smash Bros. Direct (especially since we saw Elec-Man from Mega Man). As appropriate as Shadow's Chaos Control was, it would be nice to see someone else, preferably Robotnik (I still want Tails as a playable character, but that seems unlikely).
I just want Eggman (or Robotnik, whatever's your cup of tea) to make a Smash appearance in some form. Assist trophy complete with a funny voice clip or two would be great.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'm never sure how to refer to Sonic's arch-nemesis anymore.
I grew up with Robotnik, but realize he's going to be Eggman from now on. (I had the same problem with Bowser/King Koopa and Peach/Princess Toadstool.)

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm never sure how to refer to Sonic's arch-nemesis anymore.
I grew up with Robotnik, but realize he's going to be Eggman from now on. (I had the same problem with Bowser/King Koopa and Peach/Princess Toadstool.)
Nostalgia vs Present? A common struggle...

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
I was playing the Advance series again when I realized this track needs to be in Smash, at least the 3DS version
If it got an arrangement it would be even better cause damn this music is awesome

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I find that the Advance series has some pretty underrated tunes, a personal favorite of mine being Cyber Track. I would LOVE to hear a remix of that, though it's very unlikely.

Tails assist trophy would be the most fun. When the person who summons him gets sent flying off the stage he picks them up and flies them back. Having him disappear after he's summoned and then reappearing when the player falls off would be practical, but having him follow behind the character like he does in the games with Sonic would be an awesome touch. That is what I thought would happen when Sonic was announced, but it ended up being Shadow. Now that Sega is moving away from Shadow I have high hopes that it will happen this time.

Top Bottom