• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'm sensing someone's been gimmicked by rage up-bs too many times(;

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
every stock i play ends with an up-b. and considering both paralyzer and down smash beat out both spin attacks makes the MU really frustrating for me. Even when i use BSD to get in her spot dodge is relatively fast + frame 1 jab..... then theres trying to cover her recovery options which becomes an even bigger mess.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
every stock i play ends with an up-b. and considering both paralyzer and down smash beat out both spin attacks makes the MU really frustrating for me. Even when i use BSD to get in her spot dodge is relatively fast + frame 1 jab..... then theres trying to cover her recovery options which becomes an even bigger mess.
what zss do you play against?

post some vids! (if you haven't already)

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i play vs a ZSS who goes by marss. I believe i've posted matches vs him before though because my local game centers streaming equipment broke i'm not able to get matches recorded...sadly.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
i play vs a ZSS who goes by marss. I believe i've posted matches vs him before though because my local game centers streaming equipment broke i'm not able to get matches recorded...sadly.
): sadface. if you find the vids wherever you posted them link me to em and I'll look at em.

and marss was on aib wasn't he? think he used zss in brawl too, was pretty good iiRC

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea he was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVRyqBDwZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZjy1dVM7E

Those are the only known matches i have recorded vs him which aren't really accurate anymore aside from up-b still being his kill option 95% of the time. Obviously i've become aware to try and avoid up-b as much as possible but it becomes very difficult given if either paralyzer or dsmash hit confirm in any situation it's usually tons of damage or a stock gone. that and he also converts nair to down B kills. IDK i just find breaking through ZSS offense to be difficult.

.....Probably should've taken this to the QA thread.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm honestly quite surprised that the Sonic Amiibo isn't that rare where I live.

I was looking for Lucario at TRU the other day, and there were like 5 Sonic's.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
My Shaq > your Shaq. Can my account stay like this please?

Just ordered my Sonic amiibo off Nintendo website cos they got restocked with some like ike and Luigi today. As for shops locally, haven't seen any outside of like link and pika which I guess are really common. They did have diddys though but I didn't want to hoo hah. Are there any games other than Smash that sonic is compatible with? Cos to me this whole amiibo thing seems like hey let's sell lots of figures that don't work with anything. ATM anyway.

Also very late flame shield cos I'm already BBQ'd. No I haven't played a good ZSS. I only said she wasn't better than Sonic imo. Not that she's like mii sword fighter. Top 10 indisputably.

:054:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We all clearly main Shaq.

In every installment.

05sKCbw.png

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Shaq can't main shaq that's OP. He obviously mains Haunter.

:093: :yeahboi:

...turns out I don't know how to shaq. Amongst other things.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Shrooby unlocked a universal constant, really.

Everyone thought Gengar was Haunter's final form… Pft.

If you trade while holding a basketball…

05sKCbw.png

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I just want all those Fire Emblem waifus. The amount of anime in that Nintendo Direct was unreal. Even the Splatoon Inklings have a schoolgirl outfit, lmao.

You have to choose between two sides in the new FE... Is one of them the "onii-chan" route?
SMT x FE looks like Persona.

05sKCbw.png

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just want all those Fire Emblem waifus. The amount of anime in that Nintendo Direct was unreal. Even the Splatoon Inklings have a schoolgirl outfit, lmao.

You have to choose between two sides in the new FE... Is one of them the "onii-chan" route?
SMT x FE looks like Persona.

:093:
Being a huge fan of Fire Emblem, I'm probably going to preorder both SMT/FE and the new Fire Emblem.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i think we should try to make that video with all of sonic's collective bugs/glitches fairly soon....this way it's brought to the attention of the developers before the release of that balance patch on the 15th. Though it looks like mewtwo is gonna give sonic problems. disable being the equivalent to ZSS paralyzer as well as command grab with posible positive frame advantage means spin dash approaches are gonna be tough. Hopefully sonic doesn't get hit too hard by the nerf hammer and if bthrow indeed is nerfed that he gets some small buffs in areas like fixing BSBS, making his dair meteor on startup or Fthrow actually comboing into moves at low %

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I think it's a good idea to make a compilation of Sonic's bugs for historical purposes if they do get patched. However, if developers have yet to notice, it might be a bit difficult for them to fix them after the video gets published.

:227:

Found my emoticon to end posts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom