• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Heartstring

Smash Legend
FB confuses the **** out of me. And smash UKs is a total cluster****. It's good, but I don't get how it's organised, but that's down to FB I guess. Also well done Jordan, Sonic reppin up and down the isles. Hope to contribute after christmas.

:093:
SmashUk is literally ****postUK right now, no offence to any of thr mods (including GP), but there is a reason I kinda just stopped using it unless theres actually decnt discussion going on...which is rare. As rare as someone beating me in a Smash4 bracket. #RelevantShots
The mods? I'm the owner! So if there's any problems you have with it, please pinpoint it and I'll try and sort it out.

A lot of the problems stem from the fact there are a lot of noobs and there are ****loads of ****posters who respond to having it deleted by....doing more of it

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
The mods? I'm the owner! So if there's any problems you have with it, please pinpoint it and I'll try and sort it out.

A lot of the problems stem from the fact there are a lot of noobs and there are ****loads of ****posters who respond to having it deleted by....doing more of it
Yea I know you own it...which is why I included you seperatley from stating the mods. But yea, people on the internet just dont read rules, but I honestly cant remember the time someone posted a good thread (except from your thread about the legal stages) that wasnt told to move to the social thread...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yea I know you own it...which is why I included you seperatley from stating the mods. But yea, people on the internet just dont read rules, but I honestly cant remember the time someone posted a good thread (except from your thread about the legal stages) that wasnt told to move to the social thread...
Good threads about smash4?
Well see, the problem is that people need to make interesting threads for people to contribute, And it seems as though no-one posts any interesting discussion topics in smashuk, which is a shame. The ****posting has gotten out of hand which is why I'm trying to fix that by making new mods, But generally UK smash dies around december time anyway.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I don't think there's anything wrong with the page, I just haven't used FB for a long time and it's changed a lot layoutwise. And I've had a while with no internets because I moved house so I'm a bit of an internetard :( Can't even remember how to inbed pics + videos on here lol.

On a completely different note, purely because I'm interested, are there any characters in game you prefer fighting with your secondary/whatever because you hate fighting them as Sonic, maybe even if you don't feel the matchup is too bad?

For me, I fight Megamans (megamen? lol) and sometimes Villager with Jigglypuff. Everybody else I'm very comfortable against as Sonic.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
On a completely different note, purely because I'm interested, are there any characters in game you prefer fighting with your secondary/whatever because you hate fighting them as Sonic, maybe even if you don't feel the matchup is too bad?

For me, I fight Megamans (megamen? lol) and sometimes Villager with Jigglypuff. Everybody else I'm very comfortable against as Sonic.

I always fight Tink with Fox now. **** that MU seriously

Good threads about smash4?
Well see, the problem is that people need to make interesting threads for people to contribute, And it seems as though no-one posts any interesting discussion topics in smashuk, which is a shame. The ****posting has gotten out of hand which is why I'm trying to fix that by making new mods, But generally UK smash dies around december time anyway.
I mainly mean good threads in general now honestly, its sad for me since I loved using it back in Summer when everyone was just speculating for Smash 4 ****. Oh the days of constantly arguing with people if Sonic was going to be good or not, I was wrong with this argument...oh so wrong...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The mods? I'm the owner!
AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW!1!!

I'm trying to incorporate secondaries more, but I'm so god damn stubborn it hurts. Still have only used Sonic in tournament matches.

Been playing mostly Robin on the side, but recently took interest in Pit/Dark Pit (Leaning towards Pit because wow I can't believe I want to use Dark Pit but I do prefer Pit's arrow game and for some reason they're just fun in this game now ****ing hated Pit in Brawl but he's fun now).

Personally, I still have some trouble with match-ups of the newer characters like Rosalina & Luma and Greninja, but that's on me for not researching them enough so I don't want to make the move to counterpick them yet.

On the flip side, there are match-ups I love using Sonic for... Like Marth/Lucina and Little Mac. So funny.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Been playing mostly Robin on the side, but recently took interest in Pit/Dark Pit (Leaning towards Pit because wow I can't believe I want to use Dark Pit but I do prefer Pit's arrow game and for some reason they're just fun in this game now ****ing hated Pit in Brawl but he's fun now).
Pit is so boring, I am disappoint.

Personally, I still have some trouble with match-ups of the newer characters like Rosalina & Luma and Greninja, but that's on me for not researching them enough so I don't want to make the move to counterpick them yet.
I wonder if that's more of a Sonic players coming over from Brawl deal. I have the same issues, as I stated with Megaman. Shulk can be a pain too unless you're tear inducingly patient. Can't say that I don't know how to fight any Brawl veterans, as the matchups feel mostly similar. Would be interested to see who the newer Sonic players don't like fighting.

On the flip side, there are match-ups I love using Sonic for... Like Marth/Lucina and Little Mac. So funny.
Yeah, little mac haha. I like fighting the heavies/fatties (think D3, DK etc) because they're fun to go up against, and pretty easy imo. I'd probably use Jiggz a lot more but I'm petrified of coming up against a Bowser or Ike or something as her.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pit is so boring, I am disappoint.
Maybe it's just a phase... I like tracking people with arrows, his aerials autocancel really easily, tilts have mad range, and his new Side-B feels soooo good. It's like Falcon's new Raptor Boost but with super armor and it's awesome.
I wonder if that's more of a Sonic players coming over from Brawl deal. I have the same issues, as I stated with Megaman. Shulk can be a pain too unless you're tear inducingly patient. Can't say that I don't know how to fight any Brawl veterans, as the matchups feel mostly similar. Would be interested to see who the newer Sonic players don't like fighting.
That's how I feel.

Except for Sheik. That match-up is very different and it's the worst.
Yeah, little mac haha. I like fighting the heavies/fatties (think D3, DK etc) because they're fun to go up against, and pretty easy imo. I'd probably use Jiggz a lot more but I'm petrified of coming up against a Bowser or Ike or something as her.

Bowser is ****ing scary now. I hate that like every single move kills you and that the majority of them are faster or have insane super armor... And they gave him a ****ing ability with Tough Skin? What is this ****? This ain't Pokémon!

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
As someone foreign to Brawl Sonic and new to Smash 4 Sonic, I have a question regarding playstyle. I know that it depends on the player, but is Sonic a rushdown-type of character or more of a hit-and-run type? I ask this because I play a lot of speedy characters such as Greninja and Sheik and their playstyles are mostly rushdown. But when playing as Sonic, I assumed that with his mobility it would work out the same way. I found rushdown with Sonic much more difficult, and saw more success with a more patient hit-and-run type of playstyle.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman

A good Jiggs or D3 gives me problems with Sonic, so I play Fox or Mega Man against them.
Ironically, Sometimes I prefer to play as Fox against other Sonic players... I do A LOT of stupid things in Sonic dittos.

My favorite victims for dair spikes :awesome:

NNID
MasterHavik
Hey gang. Miss me? Another site update to this PLACE? Man I'm getting old. Anyways I finally had a chance to play the game at ignite network yesterday. In short I love the game, and thanks to playing it. I know who I'm going to play in this game. I can tell you right now that Kirby has been retired and that sonic shall take his place as my main. This ****ing blue ******* is just....kerygasm in this game. I'm also going to play Mac and ZSS too.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Owning steaks all round people!

I feel naughty for dping.

I went through a phase of Doc Cama, it passes, he's ****ing awful haha. Thankfully Bowser has cooldown on like...everything, even jumping lol. He is mad buffed though. I mess around with Bowser a bit and can't stand fighting Sonic as him, but then I don't do Sonic dittos either, I go Jiggz.

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
As someone foreign to Brawl Sonic and new to Smash 4 Sonic, I have a question regarding playstyle. I know that it depends on the player, but is Sonic a rushdown-type of character or more of a hit-and-run type? I ask this because I play a lot of speedy characters such as Greninja and Sheik and their playstyles are mostly rushdown. But when playing as Sonic, I assumed that with his mobility it would work out the same way. I found rushdown with Sonic much more difficult, and saw more success with a more patient hit-and-run type of playstyle.
That is exactly how you should play Sonic.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
As of right now, I don't think there's any characters who I look at as sonic and think 'He can't deal with them'. But at the same time, Sheik is a REAL pain to deal with at the best of times. I'm cultivating a WiiFit Trainer (among other characters) in the lab that I could potentially use, But I'm not sure about her viability.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That is exactly how you should play Sonic.
Rushdown works just fine against scrubs haha.

And G~P WFT doesn't seem great, but I don't have enough of a handle of the character. I've been far too close-minded this smash, need to start playing round with more characters. Everyone seems to have redeeming qualities, there's no one as bad as the worst characters in brawl. Hard to get a reading on anyone not top 15ish cos everyone be like

No way is derp worst character! High-mid at least.

:054:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I found rushdown with Sonic much more difficult, and saw more success with a more patient hit-and-run type of playstyle.
I always believe that if someone described Sonic as a rushdown character, they had no idea what they were talking about.

Sonic is very much so a hit-and-run (bait-and-punish) oriented character. He has rushdown qualities, and once he's in he can rack up serious damage, but Sonic, I think, has always had the illusion of being rushdown. His approaches generally aren't that safe, so it's really his mix-up options and ability to punish almost literally anything thanks to his speed that redeems him through bait-and-punish...

... Which brings me back to Sheik. HOW DO YOU PUNISH A CHARACTER THAT CAN'T BE PUNISHED ;_;
Ironically, Sometimes I prefer to play as Fox against other Sonic players... I do A LOT of stupid things in Sonic dittos.
I'm surprisingly pretty good at the Sonic ditto.
Hey gang. Miss me?
Owning steaks all round people!

The man... The myth... The legend... KASR... Hath returned.
I went through a phase of Doc Cama, it passes, he's ****ing awful haha. Thankfully Bowser has cooldown on like...everything, even jumping lol. He is mad buffed though. I mess around with Bowser a bit and can't stand fighting Sonic as him, but then I don't do Sonic dittos either, I go Jiggz.

In short, this game is just fun :x

Everyone complaining about Sonic dittos. I only feel comfortable fighting fire with fire. That might be me being stubborn as per usual though.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I always believe that if someone described Sonic as a rushdown character, they had no idea what they were talking about.

Sonic is very much so a hit-and-run (bait-and-punish) oriented character. He has rushdown qualities, and once he's in he can rack up serious damage, but Sonic, I think, has always had the illusion of being rushdown. His approaches generally aren't that safe, so it's really his mix-up options and ability to punish almost literally anything thanks to his speed that redeems him through bait-and-punish...

... Which brings me back to Sheik. HOW DO YOU PUNISH A CHARACTER THAT CAN'T BE PUNISHED ;_;

I have the same issue with ZSS. Her Down B is annoying as ****. It's invincible for part and I'm not sure how far. I think you can intercept the landing with Usmash and win every time but I need to test it and it can be baited. She has like no landing lag anywhere, her dash attack goes through shields and it's surprisingly obnoxious to get around her blaster. Spinshotting works pretty well but she recovers too fast if you try to run shield and punish.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterHavik
LOL I'm back, and this time I look to play offline mroe if schools allows it. Anyways...jesus Sonic is so good now. I did some reading up on what they did to him on here..and wow they made this dude into a beast.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
^^ I love this place again

Also I'm currently only on 3ds but if anyone wants to play and learn sonic stuffs, free lessons :p

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW!1!!

I'm trying to incorporate secondaries more, but I'm so god damn stubborn it hurts. Still have only used Sonic in tournament matches.

I wanna play your sonic >.> (marth main)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I wanna play your sonic >.> (marth main)
I'm up for the challenge.

I just always felt it's a really even match-up when most Sonics hated it. I've yet to lose to any in tournament.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'm up for the challenge.

I just always felt it's a really even match-up when most Sonics hated it. I've yet to lose to any in tournament.

I'll do it in smash 4 AND in brawl c;

You're referring to in brawl? If both parties play lame whoever takes the first stock wins lol. In general I'd say its even/slightly in Marth's favor, especially if the marth knows the matchup (why don't many people know the sonic mu in general? People are afraid of spindash when really a well timed aerial/grab/pivot grab will stuff it. This will be the smash game where people are going to have to learn the mu though. Against sonic it's all about that timing. Oc good sonic mains will try to mess with you're timing :c

On a side note, anybody been consistent at incorporating dash dance pivots into their gameplay? One of my favorite things to do as marth and sonic in brawl, i find myself doing it out of habit when I know I'll get certain reads, but when I try to actually think about it and do it I mess up lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'll do it in smash 4 AND in brawl c;

You're referring to in brawl? If both parties play lame whoever takes the first stock wins lol. In general I'd say its even/slightly in Marth's favor, especially if the marth knows the matchup (why don't many people know the sonic mu in general? People are afraid of spindash when really a well timed aerial/grab/pivot grab will stuff it. This will be the smash game where people are going to have to learn the mu though. Against sonic it's all about that timing. Oc good sonic mains will try to mess with you're timing :c
I'm referring to both.

Sonic just has options against Marth. Easy to gimp, can stuff his approaches, etc. The only advantages I feel Marth has are maybe range, KO power, and aerial walls. But Marth is sooo vulnerable from below so he's easy to juggle and once you get him offstage, his recovery options are really forecasted and a well placed spring will ruin him.
On a side note, anybody been consistent at incorporating dash dance pivots into their gameplay? One of my favorite things to do as marth and sonic in brawl, i find myself doing it out of habit when I know I'll get certain reads, but when I try to actually think about it and do it I mess up lol
I DDP a lot. If you watch any of my matches, you'll notice I use it just to keep my movement fresh and for baits when tech-chasing.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Easy to gimp? I politely beg to differ (talking about brawl). He is vulnerable from below I agree but the most you're going to get is up-air/grab. A well placed spring will not ruin him, he can fair/up-air the spring and recover fine o;
Marth juggles sonic harder than sonic juggles him. And ledge traps better, especially since sonic can't sweet spot the edge in brawl and Marth is a ledgetrapping monster..
Sonic dash to shield is godlike though. Wish he could still ASC shield cancel though...

You fight any good Marth's on wifi/online in brawl?

I like you even more already since you ddp ;D
Link me some of your matches!

I haven't played a sonic in smash 4 at all as Marth (don't have the game, just been going to tournies) but I imagine that mu is nowhere close to even anymore. Marth is nowhere near as strong in the air and Sonic can kill reliably. Many on the marth boards were complaining about that mu (though we do have a lotttt of new gens, most of the old gens dipped on marth unfortunately)

Lol you remind me of zero...a love for ddping and (up throw) tech chasing...

could just be a sonic thang

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Sup yall? Holy **** you guys posted a bunch of random nonsense since I last posted lmfao.

I went to training mode for probably the 1st time to lab today. Learned a bit of stuff. Will showcase what labbing does at Apex. Wish PM was there too so I could profit more-so, but whatevs.
:018:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This may sound like a stupid question but does using side b while dashing, immediately shield canceling, and then shield grabbing travel a farther distance than running up and shield grabbing? Or am I just really bad at eyeing things.

Also @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe good luck at Apex later on with your side b -> jump -> aerial confirm mains! :4sonic::4bowserjr:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Marth vs. Sonic is my absolute favorite top tier match-up for Sonic in Brawl. Granted I played against KillLock, Canada's best Marth player.

When I start playing more in the new year, I'll check how the match-up goes for Smash 4 some more. Though I like using Mega Man and Palutena against Marth as well.

Best of luck, @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe !

--

Guys, it's so weird. Do you guys get heated animosity (jokingly/salty or whatever) for playing Sonic in your area? Because here in Edmonton, the salt for Sonic is incredibly high. But it may have also been because I mained him in Brawl for so long and was one of the only players that placed with a lower tier character.

People have declined to play me in friendlies because I played Sonic (at least it was in Brawl), and by this time I don't use Sonic online unless I feel threatened (granted Palutena/Lucina/Mega Man are legitimate subs of mine). It's all jokes at times, but idk. It's kinda lame here.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Easy to gimp? I politely beg to differ (talking about brawl). He is vulnerable from below I agree but the most you're going to get is up-air/grab. A well placed spring will not ruin him, he can fair/up-air the spring and recover fine o;
Ruining is an exaggeration, but he's still forced to recognize it. Plus I just never really felt at risk challenging him offstage.
Marth juggles sonic harder than sonic juggles him. And ledge traps better, especially since sonic can't sweet spot the edge in brawl and Marth is a ledgetrapping monster..
Sonic dash to shield is godlike though. Wish he could still ASC shield cancel though...
I agree that his ledgetraps were probably the best thing he had going for him, but I feel like Sonic doesn't get juggled that badly by Marth more than any other character. Especially when we have spring... Emergency escape button.
You fight any good Marth's on wifi/online in brawl?
Yeah probably I don't know it's been ages. I'm retired from that game now with Sm4sh out and even when I was in Brawl I pretty much quit online after doing my first tournament...
I like you even more already since you ddp ;D
Link me some of your matches!
Unfortunately, I don't have too much up right now. There's some on my channel like this one, as well as a couple streamed Twitch matches.

vs. :4greninja: / :4falcon: (Torell)

EDIT: ^ This match actually just made its way to YouTube! - http://youtu.be/8c6TBlvquME

vs. :4myfriends: (Red-X)

I don't feel like I play particularly outstanding in these, but I am finally hitting a point where I think I'm finding my stride with Sm4sh Sonic.
I haven't played a sonic in smash 4 at all as Marth (don't have the game, just been going to tournies) but I imagine that mu is nowhere close to even anymore. Marth is nowhere near as strong in the air and Sonic can kill reliably. Many on the marth boards were complaining about that mu (though we do have a lotttt of new gens, most of the old gens dipped on marth unfortunately)
I only played against Lucina in tournament thus far, but yeah, I just can't help but feel even less threatened by that character.
Dude we so gotta play!! I'm getting my copy friday. I may have to change my name since kirby is really bad.
What? Kirby is good. I could be biased because I have MikeKirby in my area but he puts in work with that character. Kirby seems much better in this game and he was already pretty good in Brawl.
Sup yall? Holy **** you guys posted a bunch of random nonsense since I last posted lmfao.
This is Sonic boards.
That's what we do.
This may sound like a stupid question but does using side b while dashing, immediately shield canceling, and then shield grabbing travel a farther distance than running up and shield grabbing? Or am I just really bad at eyeing things.
Yeah, it does. We cover it in the FAQ and Moveset threads.
Marth vs. Sonic is my absolute favorite top tier match-up for Sonic in Brawl.
^ He gets it.
Guys, it's so weird. Do you guys get heated animosity (jokingly/salty or whatever) for playing Sonic in your area?
I definitely feel the salt.

I was just talking to someone today how the SALTIEST I've ever seen people get in my life from playing against Sonic is when they die to Bthrow. People get SO MAD. It's kind of hilarious. Like, oh, sorry we finally have a kill option. Get used to it.

Fortunately, I don't feel alienated as a result of maining Sonic, but it definitely doesn't garner the same flair it used to in Brawl. People have such huge misconceptions about this character it's unreal (what else is new). Like, sometimes if I'm doing well I hear people just talking about Sonic as being good and ****, or for example, I played a really new Ike player to the area and everyone was rooting for him because no one had seen an Ike. We're not viewed as underdogs anymore. I don't feel like it's been toxic though, as people have also complimented me and gone out of their way to ask me to play friendlies with them after seeing me play on stream. It's a shame that you experience it so harshly in your area.

People are just so wrong all the time about him and it's really only the top people in the area that understand Sonic isn't as good as everyone likes to john about him being. People are just scrubs. It's really a shame.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Ruining is an exaggeration, but he's still forced to recognize it. Plus I just never really felt at risk challenging him offstage.

I agree that his ledgetraps were probably the best thing he had going for him, but I feel like Sonic doesn't get juggled that badly by Marth more than any other character. Especially when we have spring... Emergency escape button.
True you can challenge him liberally (:

I think Marth juggles him the hardest. His air mobility is amazing and let's him weave back and forth with a crazy disjoint, allowing marth to get around sonic emergency spring just from movement. Marth can juggle sonic better than Mk because of his crazy aerial mobility.

Yeah probably I don't know it's been ages. I'm retired from that game now with Sm4sh out and even when I was in Brawl I pretty much quit online after doing my first tournament...
Quit online to play offline I'm guessing?
I haven't played brawl since smash 4 came out but I defintetely still will because of how much better marth feels and asc cancel and snake and ledge hogging and I like it.
I've played Zero brawlman espy true blue 6wx Manny meek and SGK...who I had a very intense ladder set with and who's Kirby gave me a hell of a time (she complimented on the hell out of my marth though)Embarrass
^ He gets it.
Its definitely a fun mu. Challenges you to outwit marth, and keep him whiffing and guessing. Its like there's an imaginary bubble around marth and you do not wanna be inside there too long. I like the vs marth, snake, and Mk mu. Oh and falco.
Asc cancel is just too much fun. They coudlve taken out anything else and I'd been fine, but leave me with my bread and butter...
Taking advantage of the fact that people fear spindash and hide in their cave (read:shield) till sonic stops rotating, ASC let you turn that into free grabs...plus did amazing shield damage, and let you do some nifty crossups...why samurai why haha

I definitely feel the salt.

I was just talking to someone today how the SALTIEST I've ever seen people get in my life from playing against Sonic is when they die to Bthrow. People get SO MAD. It's kind of hilarious. Like, oh, sorry we finally have a kill option. Get used to it.

Fortunately, I don't feel alienated as a result of maining Sonic, but it definitely doesn't garner the same flair it used to in Brawl. People have such huge misconceptions about this character it's unreal (what else is new). Like, sometimes if I'm doing well I hear people just talking about Sonic as being good and ****, or for example, I played a really new Ike player to the area and everyone was rooting for him because no one had seen an Ike. We're not viewed as underdogs anymore. I don't feel like it's been toxic though, as people have also complimented me and gone out of their way to ask me to play friendlies with them after seeing me play on stream. It's a shame that you experience it so harshly in your area.

People are just so wrong all the time about him and it's really only the top people in the area that understand Sonic isn't as good as everyone likes to john about him being. People are just scrubs. It's really a shame.

...the vast majority of casual smashers are grossly misinformed. Sonic gets so much hate for being fast and rolling up in a blue ball its insane. I have no clue where they get their information from....but its annoying that they come into the comptetoive scene thinking they know everything!! Granted, other fighting game communities probably deal with the same thing, just it feels like the ratio of casual to hardcore is more than 3:1 and they are absolutely loud as heck. Especially with the 3ds version and 8player smash....no place is safe.

People who realize smash has a competitive scene usually do enjoy seeing a sonic. Its hard to impress people with marth. Its a lot more exciting to watch a sonic, and many times I get the comment "wow I've never seen such a good sonic before"...even though my marth is leagues above my sonic.

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I had an awesome time with some guy online. He was obviosly more experienced than me and he beat my Sonic with Ness like 9 out of 10 matches. He then switched to PacMan and also beat my ass most of the times, although not so easily.

Then, I unexpectedly switched to Toon Link and easily beat his PacMan, like I almost did it with my 2 stocks. Next match he rage-switched back to Ness but I also switched, to PacMan, and somehow easily beat his Ness.

So, bottom line I felt very disappointed but mostly I failed to understand if I really am that bad with my Sonic against tough matchups or if they are just really hard fights anyway. I really tried to keep Sonic on the ground with Ness but Ness deals really well with Sonic. PacMan also seems to deal well with Sonic, that hydrant simply kills the UpB approach, his Smash attacks have huge range and his FrontB beats sliding, SD and SC. I wish I had added him to keep practicing.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think Marth juggles him the hardest. His air mobility is amazing and let's him weave back and forth with a crazy disjoint, allowing marth to get around sonic emergency spring just from movement. Marth can juggle sonic better than Mk because of his crazy aerial mobility.
Hm, I phrased poorly. I meant that I felt Sonic doesn't get juggled significantly worse than any other character that Marth juggles. Maybe it's a little harder on Sonic because of his landing options, but it's certainly better than say, Peach, who has a terrible airdodge, few landing options... And no spring.
Quit online to play offline I'm guessing?
Yup. That lag-fi was no substitute for the real deal. It gave me a ton of match-up experience leading into it, though.
I haven't played brawl since smash 4 came out but I defintetely still will because of how much better marth feels and asc cancel and snake and ledge hogging and I like it.
I have mixed feelings. So far I haven't signed up for Brawl at Apex... I feel like I just need to move on.

There will be things I miss (particularly FF Bair and ASC) but I already miss Brawl Ganon. Yeah, he was terrible, but he was at least fun and could do cool things like SH autocancel Dair. Now he just sucks and isn't fun. Ugh.
Asc cancel is just too much fun. They coudlve taken out anything else and I'd been fine, but leave me with my bread and butter...
Taking advantage of the fact that people fear spindash and hide in their cave (read:shield) till sonic stops rotating, ASC let you turn that into free grabs...plus did amazing shield damage, and let you do some nifty crossups...why samurai why haha
preaching to the choir ;_;
...the vast majority of casual smashers are grossly misinformed. Sonic gets so much hate for being fast and rolling up in a blue ball its insane. I have no clue where they get their information from....but its annoying that they come into the comptetoive scene thinking they know everything!! Granted, other fighting game communities probably deal with the same thing, just it feels like the ratio of casual to hardcore is more than 3:1 and they are absolutely loud as heck. Especially with the 3ds version and 8player smash....no place is safe.
Smash, by far, has the largest amount of "hardcore" casuals... Everyone and their mother thinks they're good at this game and knows what they're talking about. It's really frustrating.

Casual filth.

Top Bottom