• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
It was good in Brawl, no? :applejack:
I.. guess? Never really explored it back then.

In Sm4sh I think we could make use of this while autocanceling Bairs and Uairs. Also, the only sliding tilt we have is Utilt, right? If so, sliding tilts are useless to us.. smh.. such shame because any other sliding tilt would've been awesome.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently someone has been data mining the E-shop of all things and found Sonic Advance 2 & 3 to be released eventually (in Japan). With an inevitable western release, I'll be excited to pick them up again.

Possible Spoilers:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=181631205&postcount=217
Still have my GBA copy of Sonic Advance 2 and I'm not a fan of Advance 3 (the level design took a nosedive from the last two games), so I won't be picking them up, but it's nice to finally see some Sonic stuff on the Virtual Console.

They really need to get on putting Sonic Colours up there though.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Super Mario 64 DS!? OH BOY. IT'S A GOOD TIME TO BE ALIVE.

Seriously, I love that remake so much. It's going to be so damn awesome to play it on a real 3DS. Also love the Sonic Advance series. The speed and level design is awesone (Sonic advance 3 had very poor design choices though. Cheap enemy placement and cheap spike placement).

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Nice, Sonic Advance 3 was my favorite of the Advance series, I'm still waiting on Sonic Rush 3 and admittedly Chronicles 2. A WiiU port of Sonic Unleashed hype or maybe just a re-release of Colors? On the topic of GBA games on eshop how about Sonic Battle? I loved that game too. Pls, no more Sanic Doom.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nice, Sonic Advance 3 was my favorite of the Advance series, I'm still waiting on Sonic Rush 3 and admittedly Chronicles 2. A WiiU port of Sonic Unleashed hype or maybe just a re-release of Colors? On the topic of GBA games on eshop how about Sonic Battle? I loved that game too. Pls, no more Sanic Doom.
Sonic Boom is getting a new game next year and the show has already been confirmed to be getting a second season (first season is ending soon).

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Sonic Boom quite honestly isn't that bad. They even delayed the second Sonic Boom game to have proper development. The show is actually good and the 3DS game wasn't that bad.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rise of Lyric is really bad. It deserves the hate it gets, but I do wish people would realise it isn't a Sonic Team game.
Shattered Crystal is mediocre to decent. I can see kids enjoying it though, and it's aimed at kids specifically.
The comics are fine but they do have some issues, and in general, I don't like the Archie comics (though I do wanna read the Mega Man crossovers sometime)
The TV Show is near perfect at what it does (I still can't get over how the last episode had a "don't taze me bro" reference, immediately followed up by Knuckles having a Horatio moment. That had me in stitches).

And Fire & Ice looks like it's actually a very big improvement over Shattered Crystal.

Anyway, I thought you guys might appreciate this:

And if you don't care for a long, more heartfelt video like the one above, then have this:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I only played Rise of Lyric and it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and seeing how soon they announced Fire&Ice I was extremely skeptical, I do enjoy the show though. I'd much rather have a Sonic game from Sonic Team rather than another Sonic Boom though, I think it's about that time. Wasn't there news about a new Sonic game coming to PS4? Whatever happened to that? Or maybe I just feed into a rumor.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only played Rise of Lyric and it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and seeing how soon they announced Fire&Ice I was extremely skeptical, I do enjoy the show though. I'd much rather have a Sonic game from Sonic Team rather than another Sonic Boom though, I think it's about that time. Wasn't there news about a new Sonic game coming to PS4? Whatever happened to that? Or maybe I just feed into a rumor.
That was an old rumour.

The reason we didn't get any console Sonic games in 2015 is because Sonic Runners was Sonic Team's project (though I would say it was mostly the B-team).

We are getting a mainline Sonic title in 2016 though. It's the 25th Anniversary next year. That's the most important anniversary Sonic will have to date.

The 25th anniversary logo has already been spotted at various brand licensing conventions SEGA have attended.

Also at the 25th anniversary booth at Brand Licensing Europe, a LOT of the material features Classic Sonic and Classic Eggman, with no sign of Modern incarnations. As well as this, First4Figures statue for the 25th anniversary stars Classic Sonic:

This is leading me to believe that the 25th anniversary game is going to be entirely about Classic Sonic. Hell, with the theme of all of the 25th anniversary material so far being "origin" and "heritage" of the franchise, I am almost betting that the 25th anniversary game will be "Sonic Origins" or "Sonic Zero" - basically some kind of prequel to Sonic 1.

Or maybe the game will be a next gen re-imagining of Sonic 1 or something.

Last edited:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Aaaaah. Interesting. It's a shame I didn't know all this but that's whatever, this is pretty exciting news now that it's brought to my attention. A prequel to Sonic 1 sounds very interesting. Old school fans should be happy if it is purely just classic Sonic. Motivation for getting a PS4 is becoming stronger by the day.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aaaaah. Interesting. It's a shame I didn't know all this but that's whatever, this is pretty exciting news now that it's brought to my attention. A prequel to Sonic 1 sounds very interesting. Old school fans should be happy if it is purely just classic Sonic. Motivation for getting a PS4 is becoming stronger by the day.
I wouldn't get a PS4 for Sonic just yet, as we still know nothing about the 25th Anniversary game, including what systems it will be on.

I mean, I think it's likely it will be on PS4. But who knows, Nintendo or even Microsoft could try to get some exclusivity for it.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Oh no, no, it's not just for Sonic. There's a couple of games I want on PS4 like Grand Theft Auto V(I already have it on PS3 but there won't be anymore updates or DLC for it on last gen consoles so might as well just get it and upgrade), Senran Kagura: Estival Versus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Skullgirls 2nd Encore, I'm kinda debating on Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, I stopped playing Naruto after Storm 2 but Storm 4 has a lot of hype behind it so I'm thinking about it, Final Fantasy XV but most of all Kingdom Hearts III. There's probably more that I want but can't name right now.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I kind of hope Sega decides to focus on refining the modern formula for future games. I really enjoyed the style of gameplay implemented in Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. A classic focused game could be really fun if done well, though.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I kind of hope Sega decides to focus on refining the modern formula for future games. I really enjoyed the style of gameplay implemented in Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. A classic focused game could be really fun if done well, though.
I think that the next main series game by Sonic Team is going to be Lost World without the fat similar to the transition from unleashed to colors so basically no gamepad gimmicks, better level design, and probably faster too

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHHHHDAY!!

I've heard from so many different people that the Zelda Symphony is amazing. Here's hoping they back down to Australia again, and maybe down in Melbourne this time >:D
Thank you!

It was really cool. Glad I went.
Only 23? For some reason I thought you were older. o_o
Fooled ya.
Do you still act like you're in freshman year?
Nah.
Happy birthday Camalange! It's a shame that there isn't really Sonic music to celebrate a birthday (In lyricis. Cause I can do this if I just want ambient music for a birthday :p )
Thanks!

Just need to link to the birthday celebration from Generations, haha.
It was good in Brawl, no? :applejack:
yes
I.. guess? Never really explored it back then.
Wait, is Orochi... Too slow?

The ZeRo analysis was kind of weak and vague, but not particularly wrong either... Except for saying Dair has no lag. I'm glad he acknowledges at least the precision and difficulty of the character. He gets the general idea of the character but just isn't all that informative or in-depth...

If the 25th anniversary is all classic Sonic, it can't be worse than Boom at least...

:093:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
ZeRo's video made me happy. Hearing some positive review of Sonic always puts a smile on my face, even if it's a bit vague.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I wouldn't mind more playable characters myself. I wonder why everyone is mostly against the idea of having more characters playable. It seems most of the community just want Sonic and nothing more. I like the way they did Sonic Adventure, excluding the whole thing with Big, sweet Jesus was he a mistake.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wouldn't mind more playable characters myself. I wonder why everyone is mostly against the idea of having more characters playable. It seems most of the community just want Sonic and nothing more. I like the way they did Sonic Adventure, excluding the whole thing with Big, sweet Jesus was he a mistake.
The key thing is to make sure they play similarly to Sonic whilst still having their own signature twist to it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, I'm back!

not that I was missed......

I hate this generation.

I feel hurt from this

Welcome to Sonic boards.

Yes.

Just got back from the Zelda symphony in NY... It was really cool! Also met up with Joe and Emily for a bit so that was nice.

Thought you guys would appreciate a photo op.

View attachment 77990

#SONICBOYZ

It's also my birthday now.

Nobody likes you when you're 23?

You've gone to a Zelda Symphony?!

#Jealous

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I wish they wouldn't be so terrified to bring back good characters just because they've blundered with too many Original the Characters over the years... They sort of brought back Knuckles and Amy finally but even then they're just sorta... There.

Shadow could easily still be a good character but they make him a mediocre solo title and it's like BACK TO THE VAULT WITH YA.
You've gone to a Zelda Symphony?!

#Jealous
It was just this week.

#NoRegrets

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I wish they wouldn't be so terrified to bring back good characters just because they've blundered with too many Original the Characters over the years... They sort of brought back Knuckles and Amy finally but even then they're just sorta... There.

Shadow could easily still be a good character but they make him a mediocre solo title and it's like BACK TO THE VAULT WITH YA.

It was just this week.

#NoRegrets

I just wish they'd fix up Silver.

Aw....... I wish i could go to a Zelda Sympathy. Just once

:135:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Welp, Nairo beat Zero. Who's looking forward to the wave of Zero Skill Spamuses on FG? =P

But really, I am happy for him. Working so hard but having to live with the "second-best" title, and then stamping out a victory like that? That's gotta be the best feels in the world.
The last hit of the up b didn't even hit....

Top Bottom