• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Reverse

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you played against a sonic user before, you know that much of their strategies revolve around the upB combo moves since they can still attack afterward. Well, today, I found out that Yoshi has a rather useful counter against this.

By simply ground pounding on Sonic as he tries to spring jump, you will spring back up and be able to ground pound back down fast enough to get two or three more ground pound's in. I personally thought it was very useful and helped me win the match.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Get two or three more ground pounds in on what? Sonic? Because you won't hit him with more than one unless he actually tries, the knockback will send him away -.-
This is besides the point that aerial groundpound is fairly worthless

Airborne

Smash Lord
Get two or three more ground pounds in on what? Sonic? Because you won't hit him with more than one unless he actually tries, the knockback will send him away -.-
This is besides the point that aerial groundpound is fairly worthless
totally agree... aerial groundpound is only for ledgegrabbing and catching people off guard, not spamming it on a spring, screaming "You're too Slow!!!" at the top of your lungs.... that's when the sonic player has taunted at least once. XD

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
Just about every character in the game has a "stall on springs" attack O.o

Thing about that is that any tactic like that is useless.... (except against... people who suck I guess)

Sharky

Smash Master
I suppose it could serve as an edgeguard against someone recovering high...but then again how would the spring still be there in that case lol. Maybe in teams. =P

Tenki

Smash Hero
If you played against a sonic user before, you know that much of their strategies revolve around the upB combo moves since they can still attack afterward. Well, today, I found out that Yoshi has a rather useful counter against this.

By simply ground pounding on Sonic as he tries to spring jump, you will spring back up and be able to ground pound back down fast enough to get two or three more ground pound's in. I personally thought it was very useful and helped me win the match.
Oh, for a second, I thought you meant spring camping your landings (like, placing a spring under you as you're landing somewhere, then preparing an attack for your bounce), and I was wondering why you'd try to 'stall' on a spring, since I could just say, time it so you 'stall' when the spring disappears then B-air you in the back of the head during landing lag.

But I think what you're talking about is a 'launch high > spring > aerial', yes?

using down-B a valid way to kill a Sonic who's spring happy.

...If the Sonic sucks at spacing and doesn't outprioritize your down-B with U-air.

I guess it could work on wifi though.

Top Bottom