• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Matchup Export #1: Meta Knight

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I need a lot more experience with this match up.

I've played several awesome MKs in South America (one being Ecuador's best, the second being Argentina´s best).

I didn't even come close to defeating the first one. My attacks simply didn't land on him, and I got hit instead most of the time. Chaining into an Uair after a spring was practically suicide.

Argentina's top MK 3-stocked me the first time, but in the 2nd match I somehow managed to bring him down to 1... so I guess I was finally starting to realise how to play the MU.

I could go into detail about what gave me trouble... but it's basically ALL of MK's moves vs the few options I have to play around with.

But I'm willing to go all the way, after these awesome Sonic vs MK vids.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I pity Georgia for having someone as soulless as Iblis.
:applejack:

On topic: I don't fully agree with a -2, but whatever. MK's gonna sugarcoat, and Meek is insane in the membrane. :applejack:
I mean...Espy, most MU's that're -3 (IMO...then again my opinion is warblegarble) or worse either consist of some sort of "impassible" technique (Example: desync blizzard wall vs Ganon) or an infinite/something just generally gay (Example: Marth grab release on Ness).

:yeahboi:
You just mad 'cause MK be out here winning vs you and you don't know what to do, so you just blame it on the matchup.
:yeahboi:

The character IS undoubtedly overpowered/borderline broken though. lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I haven't lost to a Meta Knight in awhile, actually.
I'm too busy losing to characters/players who deserve it. :applejack:

But in all seriousness, why are they -3's then? Those kind of match ups sound more like -4. :applejack:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
@ Espy: The point MU system in brawl is kinda off because of people's perception on what differentiates between a -1, -2, -3. I think that has to do with the majority of our community never being competitive in another fighting game precursor to brawl.

Also you dont really have any top MK out in Texas anymore do you?

Also something else on regarding MK and his ftilt. If he ftilts your shield, pay close attention. While ftilt can frame trap by staggering it ( its virtually a smash equivalent of a rekka), if they wish to do a dtilt or grab kind of mix up, you have:

MK FTILT:
1st hit cooldown: 19
2nd hit cooldown: 30
3rd hit cooldown: 30

in terms of frames to punish him. So a lot of times its fairly easy to sniff out an ftilt mix up and get a grab or iDA or even our own tilts if your reaction is on. Just something to point out.

Top Bottom