• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sonic] lol d-air.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So, I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with this:

you jump/double jump, you spring, you D-air, and then you start a B-air while you're falling.

But oops, you hit the ground before anything comes out! How useless!

The only way you can possible use D-air and a non D-air aerial completely is to be hit up high in the air, or do a planted spring > aerial spring.

But there's this little known tidbit about D-air and it's faster-than-Pikachu-lightning fall speed.

If you fastfall, you slow down.

Yes, if you fastfall, you slow down.

Fastfalling gives you constant fall speed, so if you complete a D-air and want a more manageable post-D-air movement, just tap down as it finishes.

So...

Double jump > Spring > D-air > fastfall...
...B-air (can come out completely at around or higher than sh height)
...U-air (can be completed so you get lagless landing)
...F-air (can finish the attacking part, but gives you laggy landing)
...N-air (is N-air)

weird.

Also, DJ > spring > D-air (brake) > lagless U-air2 (hits grounded people) also sets up for things like FH B-air at certain %'s.

>_>'

I've known about the slowing down thing for a while, but I never thought about using it to make aerials out of D-air actually doable until earlier today. lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would like to tell everybody, that you can now actually prevent some of your accidental deaths with this.

Though you'll have to be about as far from the edge to the first point on Final D, any closer and you still will plummet to your death. You also need to have double-jumped and fast-falled that mess or you will still kill yourself even if you are far enough to land on the stage/stage the ledge.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I still love my blazing Dairs to zomg first hit Nair XD

This is interesting though, something I will definitely look into. The only other way I was able to perform a Bair after a spring was if someone already knocked me up there to begin with ^_^

Which is totally awesome though, cuz on Halberd I got sent up close to the blastzone, lived, sprung>dair and I was high enough that by the time I came down, I was right next to the spring. It resulted in a Lucario getting hit from spring, into my bair, and into the last hit of the Halberd laser (can't SDI that, lmao) and him dieing...gg

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Which is totally awesome though, cuz on Halberd I got sent up close to the blastzone, lived, sprung>dair and I was high enough that by the time I came down, I was right next to the spring. It resulted in a Lucario getting hit from spring, into my bair, and into the last hit of the Halberd laser (can't SDI that, lmao) and him dieing...gg
this is amazing lol

so is the OP. Great find Tenkiz, thanx!!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol spring

I usually just Dairdairdair XD
Even when Sonic Orochi dies, he makes impressive returns ^_^

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Great stuff.

Although, If you do SideB Jump to double jump to spring, you still get the bair out.

Boxdiiiiiiiiiiive.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's 'cause it's probably not been utilized... ever...

And here I thought we were pretty much set in stone, Tenki goes and finds a way to make Spring (moar!) awesome.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wait... you guys didn't know that if you fast-fall after a d-air you'd slow down and that you can do your aerials out of it?

I've unwittingly withheld information like this for months? Darn. I want to be someone who discovered something new. >_<

:069:

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol dairing into a lol Spring is pretty cool too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne7ecGQYsk
D;

on a more related note,
anyone remember when I was like "OMG GUIZE I JUST DID A TRIPLE AERIAL COMBO WITH SONIC!"

I was about to call it S-cancelling but Brawl hackers released their S-cancel the same week lol.

SH F-air (cancel on spring before last hit) > D-air on spring (hit them on ground) > B-air (hit them after D-air)
Wait... you guys didn't know that if you fast-fall after a d-air you'd slow down and that you can do your aerials out of it?
Well, I knew that if you fastfell after a D-air you'd slow down. But it wasn't really brought up to be used deliberately for the purpose of using aerials out of D-air until now X.x;

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, that's what I thought. I was just fooling around with Sonic once and pulled this off and said, "Wow, this is really cool! But by this point the Sonic boards would have found this out..."

Guess I was wrong. =_=;

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, that's what I thought. I was just fooling around with Sonic once and pulled this off and said, "Wow, this is really cool! But by this point the Sonic boards would have found this out..."

Guess I was wrong. =_=;

When I first did it, I thought "This is cool! Now I can keep myself from suiciding off-stage with D-air!"

then I realized I just needed to D-air better and problem solved, and it never came back up again til now.

Top Bottom