• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in SSBB (Spain Magazine)

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll say this here too:

Imagine July 26 update: Sorry Folks, Sega wont let Sonic be in Smash. (GIMME A BREAK)

[Sarcastic]Yeah! Sakurai is gonna say that Sonic is in before Yoshi even it has a stage![/Sarcastic]

Edit: Heres Julys Number, I wont scan all the magazine, but it doesnt say ANITHING 'bout this (Again, This article is from VENTENDO no Club Nintendo... Did I said VENTENDO doesnt exists?)

EDIT:
Anonymous Said.... said:
It's 100% true, I work for Club Ventendo, we are a relatively small empress, and we had this interview programmed for January 24th, but the interview got delayed and delayed and delayed, we got access to all the pictures from the site from that week, yes, including the "This world" ones. Anyway, just wait and see, here, at Club Ventendo, are waiting for the 26th and we hope it gives our magazine more popularity.
http://nesonline.blogspot.com/2007/07/rumor-sonic-in-brawl-news-on-26th.html

With that said, I don't see how this is any different to the NiGHTS coverage in another country's magazine. If anything, with the NiGHTS coverage backing up the whole "magazine get exclusives if they don't have much popularity" this proves it to be more truth than false. Please, I'm going to believe this but if all aren't go ahead and call something fake. But it looks to be a good fake to me if it is one, the Spanish is very well done.

Plus, it's not a popular magazine so would you expect to find its site? No of course not. That's the exact same case as it was with the NiGHTS exclusive.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
EDIT:

http://nesonline.blogspot.com/2007/07/rumor-sonic-in-brawl-news-on-26th.html

With that said, I don't see how this is any different to the NiGHTS coverage in another country's magazine. If anything, with the NiGHTS coverage backing up the whole "magazine get exclusives if they don't have much popularity" this proves it to be more truth than false. Please, I'm going to believe this but if all aren't go ahead and call something fake. But it looks to be a good fake to me if it is one, the Spanish is very well done.

Plus, it's not a popular magazine so would you expect to find its site? No of course not. That's the exact same case as it was with the NiGHTS exclusive.
Hmm... Somehow I'd expect that to be in spanish if it was really by an employee of that mag.

Sariku

Smash Master
Me, being one of the biggest Sonic fans on SmashBoards (Arguably), will take this with a grain of salt, but I REALLY WANNA BELIEVE THIS... I mean, this sounds very real, and a magazine CAN get images ahead of time... all I can really say is I'll wait, and if Sonic doesn't appear in the update, I still won't give up hope.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Well, I don't think it is a problem of knowing multiple languages. Especially in other countries, knowing another language is not uncommon. Also, he might be on those boards because that's what he prefers, but his job just happens to be a writer for a Spanish magazine. The post could be real, but i don't know.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Well, I don't think it is a problem of knowing multiple languages. Especially in other countries, knowing another language is not uncommon. Also, he might be on those boards because that's what he prefers, but his job just happens to be a writer for a Spanish magazine. The post could be real, but i don't know.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wizzlecroff, watch that duplicate bud.

Personally, I don't want Sonic in brawl. I just can't picture his moveset.
PLUS, doesn't it say on Nintendo sites and mags and stuff that M & S at the Olympics is the FIRST ever game to have the 2 together? And that game is coming out AFTER brawl, so if that's the FIRST, then Sonic can't be in brawl. The end.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace

PLUS, doesn't it say on Nintendo sites and mags and stuff that M & S at the Olympics is the FIRST ever game to have the 2 together? And that game is coming out AFTER brawl, so if that's the FIRST, then Sonic can't be in brawl. The end.
Yea, i was righting that when the server went down, so when i sent i guess it duplicated. And that doesn't mean sonic won't be in. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is the first game that has been announced that Mario and Sonic will be in. It does not necessarily mean that it must be first as in release date.

1337marth

Smash Ace
Me, being one of the biggest Sonic fans on SmashBoards (Arguably), will take this with a grain of salt, but I REALLY WANNA BELIEVE THIS... I mean, this sounds very real, and a magazine CAN get images ahead of time... all I can really say is I'll wait, and if Sonic doesn't appear in the update, I still won't give up hope.
I do not know about the biggest, but maybe the coolest.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace

Don't bud him, I'm 99% that was an accident. Sorry, but the bud stuff is disrespectful.

There not going to reveal Sonic is in brawl if he is. He's the most requested 3rd party character. What do you think would be running in our minds if they said, "One of the only games ever to have Mario and Sonic. EVERYONE would check if there are any other games with them together and immeditaley jump on brawl...

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Don't bud him, I'm 99% that was an accident. Sorry, but the bud stuff is disrespectful.

There not going to reveal Sonic is in brawl if he is. He's the most requested 3rd party character. What do you think would be running in our minds if they said, "One of the only games ever to have Mario and Sonic. EVERYONE would check if there are any other games with them together and immeditaley jump on brawl...
Yea, it was by mistake. Smashboards has been crashing a lot lately.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Smash boards crashing?
Yeah. I've been having the same problem.

It hasn't caused me to double post yet, but it's still happening. Every once in a while. I'll refresh the main page, it'll "load" for a really long time, and then tell me something about a data base error. Then I just have to wait a while for it to kind of fix itself, I guess.

I assume that's kind of the problem Wizzlecroff is talking about.

1337marth

Smash Ace

It hasn't caused me to double post yet, but it's still happening. Every once in a while. I'll refresh the main page, it'll "load" for a really long time, and then tell me something about a data base error. Then I just have to wait a while for it to kind of fix itself, I guess.

Yeah that done that to me for a whole day.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace

Yea, it's usually down for about 10 minutes after it happens i think.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
This rumor is spreading like wild-fire! It almost seems too good to be true, and it's almost hard to say it's just fake and move on! I don't know why, it just is!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Gamespot says November. Also, wow there are 88 people viewing General Brawl, that is the most i have ever seen.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Eh...

Well, anyway, apparantly, the guy that make the picture admitted it was fake. Looks like those who were fooled are duped, and those who felt like spreading the word wasted their time (AKA, me).

Desruprot

Smash Lord
It was December 3rd was the official (see the Dojo). There are many different forums and I have no other comments really other then to agree that it is fake...

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
The guy unveiled the scan on NSider, and admitted it was a fake on NSider. Sorry. =(

Mix

Smash Cadet
i beleive reggie is the guy for nintendo of america... he wouldnt be talking to spanish or french reporters.

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
This shouldn't have been considered for more than five seconds.

Do you have any idea how long it actually takes to make a video game? To put a character in there? No sane company is going to waste hours and funding programming a character in without even having the licensing issue settled for a potentially complete waste.

Sariku

Smash Master
This shouldn't have been considered for more than five seconds.

Do you have any idea how long it actually takes to make a video game? To put a character in there? No sane company is going to waste hours and funding programming a character in without even having the licensing issue settled for a potentially complete waste.
They built a whole studio just for this game... you never know anything with Nintendo.

narmerguy

Smash Cadet
I'm sure they would have wanted confirmation before starting the programming. Who would accept a "go ahead and program him for the game and we'll tell you if he can be in when it's finished." Ah well, wish people would stop screwing around all the time but we'll eventually know. He can't hide it from us forever!

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's a totally reliable source. Nintendo wouldn't just pop up and go "Hey this absolutely fantabulous character is going to be in the game!" They did it with Snake to get people hyped up but no they just want to keep up the suspense about who's in the game and who's not.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
1) Ventendo isn't even a magazine
2) Why would sonic be put in the game before getting the license stuff taken care of?
3) This originated on sonicstadium.com which is a fansite.
4) That page looks like it was photoshopped by a two-year old.

It's complete and udder Bullsh*t, that's all there is to it.

Top Bottom