• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in SSBB (Spain Magazine)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm sure they would have wanted confirmation before starting the programming. Who would accept a "go ahead and program him for the game and we'll tell you if he can be in when it's finished." Ah well, wish people would stop screwing around all the time but we'll eventually know. He can't hide it from us forever!
Hey maybe Nintendo said for Sega to "play along" with their delay of confirmations. So maybe Sega is keeping it a secret along with Nintendo.
I swear everyone here has been some sort of conspiracy theorist once (Including me)

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been keeping up with the topics today, but is this officially bogus yet, and has anyone scanned the mag if it's for real?

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Again, i'm not going to say i believe that it's real or fake, i'd rather wait.

But don't you think that they said that M & S at the Olympics was the first game with the two of the characters because if they said it was the second, fans would be going "So what is the first game?" Essentially spoiling the surprise of Sonic being in Brawl (if, of course, he is).

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
If there's no magazine named Ventendo, then it's fake, no question.

Much silliness over this game on the internets.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's real or not,but it sure makes things interesting.But if this is true,it's cool that Nintendo wants to have Sonic in the game, but isdisheartening that Nintendo hasn't confirmed that they want him released by now.

Revven

FrankerZ
1) Ventendo isn't even a magazine
True
2) Why would sonic be put in the game before getting the license stuff taken care of?
Maybe they would have gotten the permission to make at least a character model and some moveset and while that was going on they'd do the license stuff and then SEGA would have the final hearsay.
3) This originated on sonicstadium.com which is a fansite.
No it didn't. It originated on the Nintendo Forums from a guy named Milox4 or something. I'm sure you can find the thread yourself. Which because of this takes all the credability from the scan itself.
4) That page looks like it was photoshopped by a two-year old.
It was.

It's complete and udder Bullsh*t, that's all there is to it.
My responses are bolded. Also, none of this is was ever true, it's all false don't believe guys. Just let this topic die.

M.K

Level 55
Uhm, no, apparently is it completely true, go check the "What's going on with Smashbros.com" thread for a scan of more of the article and such.

Revven

FrankerZ
Uhm, no, apparently is it completely true, go check the "What's going on with Smashbros.com" thread for a scan of more of the article and such.
I looked at it and it's the exact same scan as before. It's false, it was made by some guy on the Nintendo Forums (Milox4). It's total photoshopped.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You Sonic fans have way too much hope, to believe this is true. And if it is. Meh.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Hey maybe Nintendo said for Sega to "play along" with their delay of confirmations. So maybe Sega is keeping it a secret along with Nintendo.
I swear everyone here has been some sort of conspiracy theorist once (Including me)
I was thinking the same exact thing. This is big weather you like Sonic or not, so their playing around with us........and it hurts.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
As long as Sega is fine with it, I don't see this not happening. Sonic will more then likely be in Brawl. I just don't see it possible that Sega would not want to include them. Sega likes money just as much as anyone and they would be ******** to not allow Sonic to make them money in one of the bestselling games to come on the Wii. Simple as that.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
It's probably fake but could be real....:( Whether or not this is fake or real...I gurantee Sonic will be in brawl...sega and nintendo are practically 1...YAY SONIC!!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I was watching interviews with Reggie, Miyamoto.... and when ever an important thing came up like online, or new Wii channels, they will just say "Maybe or Soon" they are doing the exact same thing here except SEGA jumped on the bandwagon.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I was watching interviews with Reggie, Miyamoto.... and when ever an important thing came up like online, or new Wii channels, they will just say "Maybe or Soon" they are doing the exact same thing here except SEGA jumped on the bandwagon.
You mean keeping hush hush on Sega?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Again, i'm not going to say i believe that it's real or fake, i'd rather wait.

But don't you think that they said that M & S at the Olympics was the first game with the two of the characters because if they said it was the second, fans would be going "So what is the first game?" Essentially spoiling the surprise of Sonic being in Brawl (if, of course, he is).
Yo M&S At the Olymic Games comes BEFORE Brawl

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games- November 2007
Super Smash Bros. Brawl- December 3rd, 2007

So it IS still the 1st game with Mario & Sonic in the same disc. And that could mean Sonic still coming into Brawl.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

So it IS still the 1st game with Mario & Sonic in the same disc. And that could mean Sonic still coming into Brawl.
Yeah it said holiday 2007, never said which holiday, jk. Well thats good, it does come out before doesn't it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
hm, looks pretty real to me.
Why'd you say that? Are you psychic that could know from Real & Fake?

@k!llsw!tch
Yeah i found that out. That is good news, the official site said it is the 1st game with them together (Got me scared that this will come after Brawl). But it end ups it is before Brawl comes out, so this could be great news for Sonic fans.

The magazine may be fake, but the possibility of Sonic isn't!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Why'd you say that? Are you psychic that could know from Real & Fake?

@k!llsw!tch
Yeah i found that out. That is good news, the official site said it is the 1st game with them together (Got me scared that this will come after Brawl). But it end ups it is before Brawl comes out, so this could be great news for Sonic fans.

The magazine may be fake, but the possibility of Sonic isn't!
That is some relief. :)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace

It's too small a margin, Sonic in Brawl kills S&M@O's relevance.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
1) Ventendo isn't even a magazine
2) Why would sonic be put in the game before getting the license stuff taken care of?
3) This originated on sonicstadium.com which is a fansite.
4) That page looks like it was photoshopped by a two-year old.

It's complete and udder Bullsh*t, that's all there is to it.

Most simple, yet most explanitory post I've seen here so far XD

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics is the first Mario and Sonic game ever. Super Smash Bros. with Sonic however isn't, since it's not a Mario game to begin with.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If you put the text printed in the magazine into an online translator, it does say that. That doesn't mean that the magazine is reliable though. If the magazine is real, then that would mean that Sonic will be confirmed on the official website by next Thursday if he's going to be in the game.

I think it's a bunch of crap, because I don't believe for a second that they would put Sonic into the game before getting Sega's permission.

bored

Smash Ace
So is it possible we could learn of Sonics appearence in brawl sometime this week?

JPW

Smash Ace
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics is the first Mario and Sonic game ever. Super Smash Bros. with Sonic however isn't, since it's not a Mario game to begin with.
that quote is a very good quote, do you mind if I use it at other Gaming sites and such.

Good point.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looks like someone did a bad job of cut and pasting around Reggie xD

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
The funny part about people pointing out the Reggie/Pit image is the fact that the picture is REAL and NOT PHOTOSHOPPED. That doesn't change the fact that the person on the Nintendo forums who posted this magazine scan admitted it was fake.

Top Bottom