• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in SSBB (Spain Magazine)

Metal B

Smash Journeyman

QUOTE(C. Doriga)
We're almost running out of time, one last question: Are you going to include SEGA's mascot, Sonic The Hedgehog?
QUOTE(M. Sakurai)
Well... That's a tough question, I'll tell you that Sonic's already in the game, but we're still waiting for a last confirmation from SEGA. Due to the proximity of the game's release, SEGA's deadline to submit their confirmation is the 26th this month, and in that date the official site will be updated about the inclusion o not of SEGA's mascot in the game. I'm personally crossing my fingers.

Is this for real or just another fake?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
This source doesnt seem very reliable...

Considering that language is most definately not french...

EDIT: And that specific paragraph isnt level with the ones next to it...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Sakurai just says that he's hoping for Sonic in brawl and that he already has wet his pants?

I'll try to see what it really says.

And Spanish looks very similar to French. But it could also be Portuguese.

Rash

Smash Ace
First of all, that's in Spanish. I've taken Spanish class, and I'm pretty darn sure of this.

Second of all, I can't tell if this is fake or not. However, it would be interesting to see this end up being even remotely correct. My question is, why does some magazine like this get such an interview with Sakurai, while others like Official Nintendo Magazine don't?

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, its hard to say if its fake or not, but it seems very reasonable. I agree with Rash, how is it that more 'popular' mags. don't get these interviews.
Though I can't remember any interview with a direct question about sonic being in Brawl, I may be wrong though.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
First of all, that's in Spanish. I've taken Spanish class, and I'm pretty darn sure of this.

Second of all, I can't tell if this is fake or not. However, it would be interesting to see this end up being even remotely correct. My question is, why does some magazine like this get such an interview with Sakurai, while others like Official Nintendo Magazine don't?
Maybe it's because they kind of implied it in their media conference at E3. Well, SEGA has 6 days left until the confirmation ends. Maybe they already did it, but I'm not sure.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
definately spanish i should know cuz im mexican, hmm..and from the looks of it Sonic is in but wether this mag. is reliable or not..i guess we'll see on the 26th of this month

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Because 'bien' is spanish for 'well'

Like:

"Well, Blah blah sonic blah"

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
This is spanish I think but I don't think it's very reliable, remember the whole russian +N magazine saying sonic was already in the game.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
This is where i fail. I'm Italian/Spanish and don't know the language to figure out if it's fake or not.

U_U;;

But needless to say, i think it's a fake. One, It wasn't scanned and the words are cut off. Probably intended to be that way. Could've been typed up and printed out just to fool american gamers since it's being released here first? Also because of gullibility? :x

Anyway, typed it up in a translator. let's see what it says.

Well. ..esa is a question dificil you XXXXX Sonic already is found in the videogame, but even XXXXXX finalizes it confirmacion of reaps. due to the proxima at the outset, the date limit so that reaps send its XXXXXX the 26 of this month, in that I gave thinks of an actualiazion
(????) Place official on if be included or not to the pet of REAPS (????) I play. I in it personnel am crossing the fingers

yay for free translations. U_U

EDIT: reaps = sega? lol.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Why did a Swedish Magazine get information about NiGHTS 2? They just do.

Why I bring this up? Because interviews aren't made to everyone...

M.K

Level 55
This has got to be fake, unless it's based in the USA, because it lists the release date as the North American release date.

Oh and, "bien" means "well"

Ex. Muy Bien = "Very Well"

Thank goodness for American Elementary School Spanish Class!

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Just to confirm it, i main a language that's very similar to spanish [its like USA english to England english]. Yes, it IS spanish and the translaction is perfect.

Also, both Carlos and Doriga ARE nomes used in Spain.

But, on the other side.
It was posted by a new user with just 3 posts. Not trustable.
And, also, why don't he say the magazine's name?

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Grammar mistake. I'm pretty sure "bien" means Good, not Well. "Bueno" is "well".

Not that it affects the validitity at all, but whatever.
"Bien" and "bueno" can both be "well", if used to begin a sentence. It varies by region/preference.

Example:

"Well, I cannot be too sure of that."

=

"Bueno, no puedo estar muy seguro de eso."

or

"Bien, no puedo estar muy seguro de eso."

Outside of such instances, "bueno" means good, like how "Brawl is going to be very good" translates as "Brawl va a ser muy bueno".

On topic: Name of mag or it didn't happen. I don't see it in the scan.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
This is meant as a joke to the This World... update, but i feel that its relevant here;

Behold, I have discovered who really is in the far right of the clouds!

Original

meant only as a joke unless sonic is confirmed.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Magazine is Club Nintendo, it is in Spanish, and i'll try to buy one today. Yes i have a scanner.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
If it were a real interview, they could've gotten it from Saku himself.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
It does sound real though.. It would make sense that he is already done.. They just need permission to release him..

Need some more proof of this though.. If it IS real..

Raym

Smash Apprentice
“Club Nintendo” for Latin America and “Nintendo Acción” for Spain are the only official magazines of Nintendo in Spanish, it must be “fake” since the magazine “Ventendo” doesn't exist.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I remember something like that said from him earlier. Whoever made this may have used real information and added the date to it to confuse people and give them false hope.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Just because the picture was released on the internet doesn't mean that the magazine couldn't get hold of it. The one on smashbros.com is waaay too small for a magazine to use, anyway. The resolution of pics included in magazines has to be very high, so the magazine would have gotten the pics directly off Nintendo or HAL.

I think all the analysing done on the photo is bit much, too. After all, if it's real, it's a photo of the page. Nobody takes a photo directly on, and the person could be holding the magazine, which would explain the 'bending' in the article.

Who cares if it's real or not, anyway? Would be cool if it is, but ultimately, if Sonic is going to be in the game, he'd be in there by now, programming-wise. All that'll be left is for them to tell us. So all we can do is wait.

Kirye

Smash Ace
After much awaited time, and broken promises in part from Nintendo in Japan, we've succeeded in getting a private interview with the fantastic series that is Super Smash Bros, and what an interview!! Get ready because what you're about to read is incredibly hot news that you won't read anywhere else.

Caros Doriga: Good afternoon Mr. Sakurai, we've come here representing the Magazine Ventendo, we have programmed an interview with you, for only 10 minutes.

Sakurai: I understand, though you'll have to forgive me for... *End of picture*

Sakurai: Personally, I enjoy it. *laugh*

C.Doriga: We're almost out of time, one last question, will you be including Sonic, the mascot of SEGA?.

Sakurai: Alright, it's a difficult question, i'll tell you. Sonic is already in the game, but is awaiting confirmation from Sega. The limit to the confirmation is in the 26th of this month.. *Etc etc*

Too lazy to write the rest. XD But this is most likely fake.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I'll say this here too:

Imagine July 26 update: Sorry Folks, Sega wont let Sonic be in Smash. (GIMME A BREAK)

[Sarcastic]Yeah! Sakurai is gonna say that Sonic is in before Yoshi even it has a stage![/Sarcastic]

Edit: Heres Julys Number, I wont scan all the magazine, but it doesnt say ANITHING 'bout this (Again, This article is from VENTENDO no Club Nintendo... Did I said VENTENDO doesnt exists?)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
So from that they are saying they already made Sonic, but SEGA still needs to give them the OK?

Sounds very unreliable, I don't trust it.

Top Bottom