• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic In Brawl, Good Or Bad?

Wario708

Smash Rookie
When I first heard Sonic might be in brawl, I said to my self "Hey why not." (thinking he wouldn't get in the game). But when he was actually confirmed, I felt strange. To me Sonic didn't feel like he should be in Brawl, the whole 3rd party character scheme seemed almost wrong. I felt the same way about Snake when I saw the trailer, but i quickly got over that and excepted him in like 2 days. For some reason though, Sonic couldn't settle in for me. It seemed strange for him to be in. Did any of you feel this way? Or anything similar? Or totally different? Just say what you thought or think of this matter.

Oh, and before all you Sonic crazed fans start trash talking me, I don't hate sonic, he's actually pretty cool, and I had finally excepted Sonic in Brawl after about 2 weeks of his confirmation.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It was much easier for me to accept Sonic than it was for me to accept Snake.

Now, I won't try to pretend that my being a huge Sonic fan didn't have something to do with it (I had accepted the idea and even hoped for him to be in before he was ever confirmed), but in general, I feel like Sonic has a much more "Nintendo look" about him.

He's much more vividly colored, has more exaggerated body proportions, and just generally a less realistic character. Which is something that I think Nintendo does well (Mario, Pokemon, Starfox. Even LoZ, to an extent).

Basically, if I had never heard of Snake or Sonic, I would more easily mistake Sonic as a first party character than I would Snake.

P.S. I thought this thread was going to be about something TOTALLY different before I opened it. >.>

Seiko Shashude

Smash Cadet
Well, When I first found out about Sonic being in Brawl I thought, Well finally I personally thought that he should of been in anyways. Same for Snake , I knew the creator of the MGS series originally wanted to be with Nintendo, So with time wasted they finally got Snake in some sort of nintendo related game, and good for them, =D.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Snake definitely came out of left field for all of us. I doubt anyone would have guessed that he was ever even going to show up on the Wii, period.

As for Sonic, I have to agree with Circus. He's definitely got that unreal aspect to him. I'd say cartoony, but somehow, that word doesn't really seem to fit well with him. Or Mario. Or Kirby even, for some reason. I suppose it's the whole east-vs-west thing, animationwise.

Anyway, Sonic really is a big part of Nintendo history. The 16 bit era was one of gaming's highlights, and it takes two to tango. So, in a way, it's not like he's completely out of place.

Snake...not so much. But Brawl is awesome, and so is this mercenary.

Rizzle1110

Smash Cadet
I think its awsome that sonic is going to be in brawl, I played sonic games for a while and was hoping he would be in melee, but he wasn't.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, for some reason I just knew Sonic was going to be in Brawl the second I heard of the possibility of other 3rd party characters...

There is no possible thing imaginable that can make Sonic being in Brawl horrible

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol i wanted sonic in melee.......so its safe to say i was pretty happy when he got confirmed

snake i really didnt see coming at all lol and i didnt think nintendo would have guns that werent lasers or something so i wondered about his move set

either way i really think sonic belongs in smash and future nintendo games

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
lol i flipped out (in a good way) when i heard sonic was in...lol i had to look twice when i saw him on dojo lol. yeah why shouldnt he be there lol he is marios rival. that is reason enough i think :p

Strongobado

Smash Cadet
I was definately happy about Sonic's inclusion.

What is better, they kept him original and simple.

The Sonic that we see in Brawl isn't today's Sonic, he is the Sonic that grew up with and loved during those oh so simple times long ago.

I think he fits in a little better than snake because of his colorful nature and cartoonish animation and whatnot.

He definately doesn't have the feel of a Nintendo character, though. You can tell he is from a different world altogether.

I love Sonic, and I am SO happy he is in this game...even if Knuckles isn't in it...

Sonic Boooom Sonic Boooom Sonic BOOOOOOooooooommm...

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's inclusion made me very happy. Who would of thought during the Genesis/SNES era that we would ever see Sonic and Mario in the same video games? The minute I saw Sonic, I reserved the game. I cannot wait to unlock him and try him out.

Top Bottom