• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Community Matchup Export 6.0: Kirby!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Eh, the person in charge of the thread isn't being active at the moment, so before they move on to another character, I'd like to direct your attention to this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5435522#post5435522

I think one Kirby main actually participated so far. Some of the stuff he said was kinda iffy, and he even admitted that he didn't have much matchup experience against Sonic.

If you wish to contribute, please keep these in mind:
- Please, please have matchup experience with a competent Sonic main before talking about what Sonic can or can't do.
- If you don't have matchup experience with a Sonic main, but you see an incorrect an incorrect assumption on Kirby, feel free to correct it.
- After meeting the first two criteria, try not to awaken the fanboys with flammable remarks, I will personally report both sides, because we've already had a matchup discussion fail to this.
- Information, especially on stage choice, would be well appreciated. :)

Also, silly things to keep in mind, in case you get overwhelmed by Sonic vocab:
- Spinshot: a fast-moving (run speed) insta-doublejump done out of a side-B charge (grounded or aerial) or an aerial down-B charge.
- ASC: Aerial Spin Charge (Aerial down-B) - has properties of multiple hits based on velocity (11 damage max first hit, 7-10 damage on followup hits). Can be shield cancelled upon landing.
- Side-B: Side-B's grounded charge can be cancelled for feints. Upon release, it has invincibility frames, like Ike's Eruption Super Armor, but invincible.

Thanks in advance =\

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Kirby has many more options than Sonic in this match up. Kirby's Stone > Sonic's juggling. Kirby's inhale > Sonic's spin dash moves. All Sonic has is his speed and his b-air helps him alot in this match but Sonic's options are limited. 70:50 in Kirby's favor.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Go to the thread and read up on it Calibur, some interesting discussion going on, and minimal flaming. So far the only rating I've seen is 60:40 Kirby.

And 70:50 doesn't make sense, NOOB LOZLXCKZX
jk

Tenki

Smash Hero
CC!

Join the discussion.

We have pizza steak

edit:
ohya, well.. Sonic's grab / etccamping > Kirby's stone ending - and spring > stone startup, and Jump > Inhale! wut nao

Top Bottom