• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SONIC Board Export - Zero Suit Samus

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
We at the Sonic boards are currently doing match up analysis for Sonic of all the characters. Now we are discussing Zero Suit Samus and would like the most accurate match up so we've come to ask for your opinion on this match up. Who has the advantage?

Sonic Vs ZSS

Thanks!

Link to the topic:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190510

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
To elaborate on that, it's more the behavior section we need help on. I know every person plays differently, but what do ZSS players tend to do often, what are common moves between players, that kinda thing?
I remember a discussion on this board before about the match-up, and I know a lot of people were looking at neutral, myself included. It's long gone now though and I can't find it.

Well, to start off the discussion, is it a given that spacing against Sonic is difficult? I know ZSS depends quite a lot on spacing, and the ones I have played find it quite hard because of speed in general, closing the gap so to speak doesn't take long.
And another thing, ZSS is one of the only characters in the game with options for combos. Sonic players will probably not get comboed in general because of his spring which is great for getting out of trouble (because the spring gives you invincibility frames for quite some time.) Have you guys worked a way around this at all?

Thanks in advance, Zamus boards.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
The matchup's a little close. I'd say maybe 55-45 in ZSS's favor.

Let's look at Sonic's main strength: his speed. ZSS is a quick character herself with moves that (mostly) have little lag. Her Side-B can stop a dash approach from Sonic if timed properly and her aerial game far surpasses his. She's also one of the few characters that can effectively spike Sonic due to the Paralyzer. None of this is really enough to give her a strong advantage though, so I'd keep it at 55-45 (ZSS).

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Dunno why you all don't already have the info for this. We discussed this in great depth with Tenki a while ago.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Tenki would have absolutely all the information you guys would need over at the Sonic Boards. Delicious Cake already mentioned it, but there was lots of discussion about this already.

lots. lol.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
What that old thread does not include is basic ZSS behaviour. How do you guys play your matches, what makes ZSS styles different to that of other characters, what moves do you spam, and what moves do you save for the awesome kill?
How do you play ZSS to bring out her potential? (this isnt necessarily against Sonic)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You'll probably see brickwalls using Plasma Whip and Paralyzer. Aerials are used as defense against aerial approaches. ZSS should try always to capitalize on being lower than her opponent (lol, Anakin, I have the high ground). Dsmash is used for stage-control and punishment. KOers are bair, fair, Flip Jump, Plasma Whip and in some cases, uair.

Those are the basics. Hope they help.

Snakeee

Smash Master
As I just said in your board, I think its 6/4 ZSS' favor now. I recently realized how effective aerials out of shield can punish Sonic's B moves.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
thanks ph00tbag and snakeee i'll check it out. u got any aussie zss's over here worth battling to test stuff out? or are either of u willing to play one of our american sonics just so we can test stuff?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Np, and I have played against a few really good Sonic players actually, but I don't think you would have heard of them because they don't post much on the boards. But, on wifi I have played Tenki a good amount.

Top Bottom