• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: A Last Second Addition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I've wondered about this for awhile, and never thought to post anything until now.

1. Sonic had such a poor very-end-of-sse entrance. it seems such an epic character would deserve more.

2. Notice in the "Sonic Joins The Brawl!" video, sonic and mario had an sse level together. what happened there?

3. alot of sonic's moves, altho he's a decent character, lack originality. half his moves consists of turning into a ball, have players hear the "SCREE" noise, and him launching himself at you.

Just a thought.

(on a side note, mario also uses a taunt in the video that you can't use in the game... maybe sakurai planned for a 4th taunt, just never went thru?)

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
Well... I will tell when I get to it. For now I'm waiting for the game to come to europe in 12 days...

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact: in SSE, after you beat it, you can play any level with anyone you have. That's where the mario and Sonic "level" came from.

Also, yeah, Sonic is not that original in terms of moves, and is not that strong either.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sonic was added in 2007, and a last minute addition. I think that Sonic was suppose to have a better moveset, or at least his moves were suppose to be stronger, but it didn't happen.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
so... you saw a post in the cutscenes from sse thread and were 'inspired' to make this...

sonic doesn't have a huge part in nintendo history so he may not mesh as well as the other characters into the storyline. i was surprised that snake had as an important role as he did. also, it is laughable to say that sonics moveset/lack of power/lack of priority has to do with being a 'last second edition.'

they wouldn't just put a half done character into the game, especially after several delays. play sonic games. his moveset consists of being fast and turning into a ball, his moveset is very fitting

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That "fourth taunt" was put there specifically for that scene. Remember the developers can do this kind of stuff. Look in the October Trailer where Pit, Samus and Pikachu are.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai said himself that Sonic wasn't added until the summer of 2007 while everyone else was decided and close to being completed by the beginning of 2006. With that being said, yes, Sonic was a last minute addition.

PillowPants

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said himself that Sonic wasn't added until the summer of 2007 while everyone else was decided and close to being completed by the beginning of 2006. With that being said, yes, Sonic was a last minute addition.
tru an if they added him earlyer like they shouldve did, it was obvious that everybody wanted him in meele, maybe he wouldnt suck so hard' imo

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Sonic is a last minute addition as he is clearly the glitchiest character in the game.

He is also the only charcter who can air trip.
oh yeah, was that ever proven?

**airtripping, i mean

SnatchForFree

Smash Cadet
Sonic is a sega character. The developers obviously didn't want sega character to be better than the nintendo characters. Thus sonic got the priority nerfs.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Sakurai said (I believe at GDC?) that Sonic was added mid-2007, while the rest of the roster was decided upon early 2006. So yes, he was a last-minute addition. /thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom