• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
In the following conditions:

-Me as Sonic
-LVL 8 CPU as Mario
-Final Destination, No items, 3 stock

something absurd happened to me, twice.

I'm am not sure if this happened after my use of a spring or any particular move but, when doing my down air, in unknown conditions, the move pushed sonic UPWARDS.

Is this something that's been reported before? I've tried again and again in training but I can't nail down exactly how I did it.

It also appeared that when Mario touched me while the move was pushing me up, the move stopped and hit him pretty hard.

Browny

Smash Hater
you probably got knocked up, and user d-air, in which case it stalled you. it doesnt necessarily move sonic up, but if you get knocked upwards, it slows down your vertical speed greatly, its never enough to stop sonic moving up though.

if you want to re-create it, just get someone with a powerful usmash like G&W or lucas to hit you at low %'s and mash d-air, the instant hitstun ends sonic will d-air, but continue to float up slightly.

fun note, i managed to d-air twice in one of my matches after being knocked upwards, and even the second one didnt send me plummeting back down, i just kind of hovered in the same location for a second :p

Boxob

Smash Champion
you probably got knocked up, and user d-air, in which case it stalled you. it doesnt necessarily move sonic up, but if you get knocked upwards, it slows down your vertical speed greatly, its never enough to stop sonic moving up though.

if you want to re-create it, just get someone with a powerful usmash like G&W or lucas to hit you at low %'s and mash d-air, the instant hitstun ends sonic will d-air, but continue to float up slightly.

fun note, i managed to d-air twice in one of my matches after being knocked upwards, and even the second one didnt send me plummeting back down, i just kind of hovered in the same location for a second :p
Actually I've done it several times where sonic stalled completely, like TL's Dair.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
TwinkleToes said:
*Slow Dair:
After being hit/sent upwards, use a dair attack that has downward momentum and the momentum will be slowed or in some situations entirely eliminated. It is a flaw in the game physics and not an exploitable glitch. [Credited as a general discovery]
From The Sonic Glitch Tech thread.

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
thanks for the tips. It has happenned to completely eliminate the downwards momentum XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom