• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something SSB4 speculators haven't been paying enough attention to.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
If They want to appeal to Casual Gamers, here's what the plan is:
Pit, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and both Earthbound Characters will be removed.
Lucario will be replaced with Zoroark (sic).
Single Player Mode will drag on forever.
Classic Mode and All-Star Mode will be DiskLocked Content
Pokemon Trainer's neutral outfit will be Ash's new outfit in Gen 5.
Crazy Hand will be nowhere to be found
Sonic will wear a Trollface when he says "UR 2 SLOW"
It will have more crap like the stickers.
Tripping will automaticly occur every 10 seconds
Trophies will be mandatory for completion of the story mode.
You can only unlock the characters through the story mode.
The Story Mode will have Tingle or Navi, Krystal, Mr. Dream and the Jersey Shore cast as the main protegonists.
Blood will be introduced
Swearing will be introduced
It will be a first person shooter (or a shooter period)
It will be M-rated
The ability to turn off Items will be removed.
It will have nothing but stages with hazards
The Voice Actors will be from 4kids
[REDATED]
Tier Lists will be as low as Z
It will be named Call of Duty Vs Capcom
Half the budget will be spent on ZSS
LOL,but anyways I JUST WANT MY BLAZIKEN.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I see the Smash series as the only true Nintendo game that, at it's core, as a huge N; beating and breathing like a heart.
Beautiful words,*sniff* beautiful.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Beautiful words,*sniff* beautiful.
You know, a great way to get yourself banned is to double post to say **** that could have been easily done with the edit button. Like, that's top tier when it comes to ****ing stupid ways to get infracted.

*sniff* beautiful *sni-eh.

****ing eh.

Also why the **** do we have so many ssb4 blogs. Really, there's no other place to talk about SSB4 on this ****ing site?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
That didn't actually answer jack ****, obviously they have the right, but I'm saying they should use their ****ing brains and realize there are better places for this. But yes, just make a troll face and say they can do whatever they like, God, way to destroy my point.

Morin0

Smash Lord
That didn't actually answer jack ****, obviously they have the right, but I'm saying they should use their ****ing brains and realize there are better places for this. But yes, just make a troll face and say they can do whatever they like, God, way to destroy my point.
Name some places where this is better. The SSB4 thread? Good luck talking about your topic amongst the several other topics from other members. The fact of the matter is that if someone feels like posting their opinion on SSB4, they can do so in the UB. I don't give two ****s if the UB is rampant with SSB4 blogs.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it's because the actual SSB4 thread is too ****ing long so people don't want thier posts hidden in a multitude of single sentance posts. While I'd like to see the UB have more varied topics rather than it mostly be SSB4 related, it does give people a platform to voice opinions/arguements. Plus it's good when someone makes an actually interesting and justifiable SSB4 blog (though it's once in a blue moon).

Thing is that this is a popular SSB forum and attracts SSB fans. SSB4 is the current hot topic and will be so until it's released. That being said, it's no wonder that the UB are comprised mostly of "My speculation lists", "Why SSB4 will suck ***", and "My Super Awesome Character Roster v. 5.6".

Everyone wants to be heard.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Why is there not a SSB4 subforum by now? Or is there? Idk but it is pretty annoying at the sheer volume of SSB4 stuff in rooms like this.

Anyways, one thing I hope for in this game is a Story Mode that is self aware and whimsical as Kid Icarus Uprising.

As for characters, I'm pretty sure Sonic and Snake are definite cuts. At least Snake. I may be wrong though, who knows?

I also feel like Wario will be cut as well, but maybe just because I don't like him.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There is a SSB4 thread but for some reason people seem to think that another SSB4 roster/ruumour/specularion blog is warranted.

Whatcha gonna do

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You couldn't pay me to moderate a SSB4 sub-forum....well....possibly but regardless, a SSB4 subforum would be a gigantic mess of wishlists. Character support threads ranging from Isaac to Navi the Fairy, speculation, stage ideas, and flame wars galore (recalls the SSBB thread pre-release).

A SSB4 subforum, at this point, would only serve to alleviate the amount of SSB4 speculation blogs here in UB. As well, without any basis (confirmations), the SSB4 subforum would be a tangled mire of speculations.

Once we get more info, then I think a SSB4 subforum should open up.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
You couldn't pay me to moderate a SSB4 sub-forum....well....possibly but regardless, a SSB4 subforum would be a gigantic mess of wishlists. Character support threads ranging from Isaac to Navi the Fairy, speculation, stage ideas, and flame wars galore (recalls the SSBB thread pre-release).

A SSB4 subforum, at this point, would only serve to alleviate the amount of SSB4 speculation blogs here in UB. As well, without any basis (confirmations), the SSB4 subforum would be a tangled mire of speculations.

Once we get more info, then I think a SSB4 subforum should open up.

"If I see another person call an arguement that isn't in ALL CAPS a flame war, I'm gonna hunt them down on every fourm and permaban them from every single one! :mad:"

~*Name And Address Disclosed*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I find it rather funny to see you all worrying about something that the SSB4 community has been working and preparing for for quite a while. Hense all of the invite exclusive social groups.

I would recommend joining in on the speculation now then later if you all are so worried. Most speculation right now is dedicated towards creating a character pool based on research done within the thread. Chances are you'll be surprised to see what some people have dug up on Smash and Sakurai.

The community has grown conservative (due to the above) but we're always open to ideas with a base that aren't: "I love such and such character, therefore they should be in Smash". I won't lie though, we literally talked about EVERY possible topic one can think of so be warned if we're a little grumpy sometimes.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I can see where people are coming from. There are way too many ridiculous ideas floating around and bull**** "ULTRA AWESOME SUPA SMASH ROSTER WITH STARFY AND RAMBO AND LUKE SKYWALKER V8.0" threads are everywhere. However, I do not make blogs that often, and when it is an SSB4 related topic, it's usually trying to show a viewpoint few are aware of.

Only recently have a ****load of these returned because they keep being bumped.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
I can see where people are coming from. There are way too many ridiculous ideas floating around and bull**** "ULTRA AWESOME SUPA SMASH ROSTER WITH STARFY AND RAMBO AND LUKE SKYWALKER V8.0" threads are everywhere. However, I do not make blogs that often, and when it is an SSB4 related topic, it's usually trying to show a viewpoint few are aware of.

Only recently have a ****load of these returned because they keep being bumped.
Starfy and Rambo? No. Luke Skywalker? Only if you want to see Travis end up as a clone of him. And Speaking of Clones...

Wolf Sucks Eggs :troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
No, he was a very good character idea. He worked well and he had the best overall balance of the roster - a good character with the implications that brings. He wasn't great and he wasn't bad. He was IMO fun to use as well. If there's anyone to nerf or get rid of, it's Falco. Sakurai has a love for making certain characters both annoying and gay. (See top four in Melee).

We haven't had good character balance since 64 and we never will again thanks to casuals *****ing about more ****ty, unnecessary characters.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
No, he was a very good character idea. He worked well and he had the best overall balance of the roster - a good character with the implications that brings. He wasn't great and he wasn't bad. He was IMO fun to use as well. If there's anyone to nerf or get rid of, it's Falco. Sakurai has a love for making certain characters both annoying and gay. (See top four in Melee).

We haven't had good character balance since 64 and we never will again thanks to casuals *****ing about more ****ty, unnecessary characters.
1. He's a clone
2. I thought you don't like Brawl

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
1. Clones aren't inherently bad. They're not there to fill space in the first place. They're there because when you introduce a protagonist into Smash, people almost instantly ***** about key antagonists not featured in the game.

2. Brawl is a competitively awful game, but it's interesting in it's own way.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
1. Clones aren't inherently bad. They're not there to fill space in the first place. They're there because when you introduce a protagonist into Smash, people almost instantly ***** about key antagonists not featured in the game.

2. Brawl is a competitively awful game, but it's interesting in it's own way.
1. Oh. Discussion Over :bee:

2. Which Is why I love it

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
1. UNABLE TO DEBATE ANYTHING. EVASIVE TROLL. WHY ARE MY WORDS SUDDENLY SO RELEVANT.

2. It's still a ****ty and overrated game.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
1. UNABLE TO DEBATE ANYTHING. EVASIVE TROLL. WHY ARE MY WORDS SUDDENLY SO RELEVANT.

2. It's still a ****ty and overrated game.
1. Because some things convince me your right more then others...

2. Your Opinion

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
2. Truth. It had a weak, often repetitive story mode, horrible character balance, and slow, floaty, campy gameplay. Brawl is bad.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I really don't seem to care at this point.

I still play brawl and almost everyone else does, so we don't really bother on why it's bad and why it's not.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
You know, a great way to get yourself banned is to double post to say **** that could have been easily done with the edit button. Like, that's top tier when it comes to ****ing stupid ways to get infracted.

*sniff* beautiful *sni-eh.

****ing eh.

Also why the **** do we have so many ssb4 blogs. Really, there's no other place to talk about SSB4 on this ****ing site?
I'm sorry, I though I wasn't double posting because of the posts I made were totally different. I thought double posting is when you post something of one topic and continue it on another post. Like I said before, sorry.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
2. Truth. It had a weak, often repetitive story mode, horrible character balance, and slow, floaty, campy gameplay. Brawl is bad.
1. Story Mode is not the main course of the series. SSB is known for being the Ultimate Nintendo Crossover, not for SSE or Melee's Adventure Mode.
2. Chracter Balance was also horrible in the last two games. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!?!
3. I agree. Hate Camping myself...

Edit: On second thought, I think we're both missing something. Can you guess what it is? It's Fun Factor... Is it fun to play? Can you answer that for me?

I'm done spewing out garbage now...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Edit: On second thought, I think we're both missing something. Can you guess what it is? It's Fun Factor... Is it fun to play? Can you answer that for me?

Dayum, Now that is what is what I call solid.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
1. Story Mode is not the main course of the series. SSB is known for being the Ultimate Nintendo Crossover, not for SSE or Melee's Adventure Mode.
2. Chracter Balance was also horrible in the last two games. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!?!
3. I agree. Hate Camping myself...

1. Melee had a good adventure mode, and I wanted to show parts of my opinion from a casual standpoint.

2. Because scrubs keep screaming for more unnecessary, hard to develop characters.

3. That wasn't my only point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Obsessed with good ideas yeah. :awesome:

Besides, its completely on topic.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So why didn't they put Mewtwo in first and leave Lucario out? :reverse:
Time constraints. There was Mewtwo data on the disc that just never got implemented. The notion that he even replaced Mewtwo is only derived because of what... they are both slightly humanoid and they have the same Standard Special? Oh yeah, they definitely replaced Mewtwo with Lucario all right.

Top Bottom