• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something interesting about this forum (I think)

DELTA

Smash Cadet
****¡ It's been a long time since I last logged in. Well, anyway, I remember the day I found this forumsby accident, it was a arond 2 months before SSBM release, back in 2001.

I remember reading from here the best fanfics I have ever read in my life. If you have the chance, try to read in Creative Minds the fanfic "Luigi's Personal Story" by Johannes. Also check the stories written by Orgrim Doomhammer (I think I'm writing it correct, anyway if I got wrong the name of the author try: Origrim Doomhammer or something). Orgim Doomhammer wrote mostly about the Zelda universe, relly good stuff. Johannes's fanfic is an unfinished one, but still is worth reading it, at least in one of Johannes comments, he reveals the reasons why he quitted as to why he left it unfinished.

Seriously guys, you should try reading theese. Anyway, I hope I don't en up getting into your nerves because of my stupid post (Hhahaahah), but it just so happens that its really really amazing the way this forum has grown.

By the way, I'm not American, so I wasn't born with the english language as my mother tongue, but so far my english isn't that bad, Or is it? I don't know, What do you guys tink? Actually I speak 3 languages: French, Spanish and of course English. However, I won't reveal the place where I am from, I really never liked it so I won't do.

Its very iteresting, now I am a grown-up guy, I still play Nintendo, I still like the SSB franchise (Of course I bought SSBB). Well, before I leave, I would like to know what do you guys think. I don't know, about the post I made, about the forum and how's it grown since 2001, about my english. Is it OK?. Whatever, maybe I'm a jerk for posting this or maybe I suck for being a grown-up and still liking Nintendo, not moving to X-Box or PS3. (Although that's not likely to be commented, since this is a Nintendo based forum).

Good-bye and keep playing (Whatever console you're on), its the only thing worth rather than watching stupid reality shows where stars show us how they spend their money on expensive crap. (Just a personal opinion, no offense guys). Bye.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I've only been here for about a year, and this place even grew quite rapidly in the short space of time I've been here. I came here because of Brawl, I found this place by accident on Google. Now that Brawl's out, and most of the people who were only here for Brawl have gone, I've generally moved away from the smash side of this place, and I just spend my time in the Pool Room and such.

Also, your English is great.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I joined about a year after you.

It's always nice to revisit something from your past and see that it's still alive, isn't it? Well, I think so anyway.

Your English is fine, and there's nothing wrong with playing games at any age! The whole point of video games is to have fun and be entertained; it doesn't matter if it's "kiddie" or Nintendo or whatnot, all that matters is whether or not it's fun.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Haha, I remember when I left for a year(entire 2007) and things changed so much. I can imagine this guy's impression.

And it's cool that we speak the same three languages. My English is better than the other two, with French being the weakest.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Another user with 128. Mind if I ask why you chose those numbers?

English is great, and it's always nice to see old members come back, even if they joined before me, heh.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Wow that's so cool that you came back after all that time. Your English seems fine to me, interesting post! :)

DELTA

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I used "128" because at that time (2001) the Nintendo Gamecube was announced as a 128-bit console and since I was so very excited about getting SSBM (Which was for a 128-bit console AKA: Nintendo Gamecube) I decided to use the "128" sufix.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think I stumbled upon this place about the same time as you. And I actually remember reading Johannes's fanfics. They were pretty good, if I remember right. I don't know. It was a long time ago.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
whoa you joined smashboards way back in '02 and still managed to comeback after all this time!, this must be some impression huh, and yeah I also speak those three languages with English-Spanish being tied and French being my weakest

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah. I used "128" because at that time (2001) the Nintendo Gamecube was announced as a 128-bit console and since I was so very excited about getting SSBM (Which was for a 128-bit console AKA: Nintendo Gamecube) I decided to use the "128" sufix.
Ah, cool. I remember that was TBC's reason for the 128 in his profile. cool.

Top Bottom