• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I noticed.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
You know when you're playing someone and you're like

"**** I'm below the stage w/out a jump and I gotta UpB"

"**** they have the ledge"

"**** I can't cling"

and then you're sure you can't get back because they either:

A) tried to spike/semispike/stagespike you out of your UpB instead of just calmly hugging the ledge

either letting you snap the ledge or an oppurtunity to SDI towards the stage + tech.

B) for whatever reason get off and hit you with something that sends you horizontally

giving you the opportunity to float back and try again.

or

C) hold the ledge like they're supposed to do and laugh as you bump on the ledge.

Its very rare that c happens, at least for me =\

Why do you think they do this?

They don't know the MU?

they're stalling for time?

other reasons?

discuss as I get back to procrastinating on my paper on Jack the Ripper.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
meh, they just know they can't be punished for ledge hogging Lucario b/c his up-B doesn't atk. which is why they choose (c) the most.

i only see (b) happening because they know we can wall cling easy on some stages, like siege castle or FD

as for (a), just to be jerks and laugh at our recovery attempt, i'm sure falco players get a kick out of this one, lol

Steam

Smash Hero
If they chose C i'd bend over the ledge and get punished. But I try to do it at an angle where I'll snap to the ledge if it's free.

Browny

Smash Hater
They choose A and B because they are idiots and try to be flashy.

There is no excuse.

Which is why I'd go for a semi-spike.

At this point, if that Lucario is somewhere under the stage, most of his option have run dry I'd think.

PZ

Smash Lord
Personally people think lucario can wall cling using his up b going directly into the wall but thats not true even though they go for any kind of spike to make sure the chances of making it is impossible even though just hugging works better<.<

We can, it's just that it's not easy enough to do it reliabley.

Or at least, for me it isn't.

Steam

Smash Hero
wut? as long as you can cling you can just ram straight into it and grab the wall with your face =/

When I do that I usually hold the control stick for too long or something and end up bouncing off the side. :/

Which is why I'll just panic when I'm stuck under.

Top Bottom