• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something about Kirbys Fair

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
You know, I've notice it kinda makes Kirby float with jumps a bit. So while playing around in the practice stage waiting for people to join a With Anyone, I did consecutive Fairs followed quickly by jumps, and to me it seems like it makes his jumps slightly further.

After playing with it some more, I wanted to see how I could apply it to a fight, if at all.

I learned its great for mindgames when approaching, since Kirby has pretty good DI.

Later I've learned you can actually combo people with this up to about 3 times before they get wise to it. Follow it with a hammer, and it has high KO potential.

It also makes people think twice about jumping off the ledge after you if you use it to recover.

I've looked around for a video of other people using it, and this is the closest I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpqyxUWfCA

I call it the Fair Walk, since it doesn't seem to have a name.

Discuss, and try it out, who knows, you guys might turn it into something really useful.

Triple_R2

Smash Rookie
During school, at the U, Minneapolis, MN; otherwis
I think most people have been using this since Brawl came out. For combos, I would say that doing a fthrow to fair on floaties is very useful at low %'s. For recovery, I would say just use the hammer when you are far from the stage, but if you are close use fair instead.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wait...so it has similar properties to Fox's Fair? I've noticed (it's kind of obvious) that his Fair+jump makes him go much higher. Kirby's does as well?

So that explains why I see lots of Kirby's spam Fair offstage >_>

I knew about wall of pain of course, but I'll have to look and see what kind of difference Fair makes when jumping, thanks XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh. Fair is also useful FFed (so that only two kicks hit before getting ground canceled) since it allows you to follow up with something before the enemy can react.

You guys probably already knew that though.

Top Bottom