• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions to learn Sheik

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hi, i'm using sheik alot and i decided to make myself even better to go to these character discussion board. Let me start introduce myself to you first. I'm chileno4Live, nice to meet you :) Now to get back to the title, i got some questions to use Sheik competitively:

-What's the main strategy and/or tactics for Sheik?

-does she use any combo's? If yes, list some for me pls.

-What are the advanced techniques of Sheik?

-When you main Sheik, do you need to be good with Zelda aswell?

I hope you can answer these question. i'll appreciate it alot.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Take full advantage of your movement and your edgeguarding capabilities. Mix up between offensive and defensive, using Sheik's aerials, tilt setups, and needles and chain.

Forward Tilt > almost anything is a combo. At around 20-30% ftilt > ftilt > ftilt etc. is a combo until nearly 70%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=one2x4GPzVE

Absolutely. You do want to KO your opponents at earlier %s than 150-200%, right?

demodemo

Smash Ace
FTILTS LOLZ
FTILTS LOLZ
FTILTS LOLZ?
FTIL-yes

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Hi, i'm using sheik alot and i decided to make myself even better to go to these character discussion board. Let me start introduce myself to you first. I'm chileno4Live, nice to meet you :) Now to get back to the title, i got some questions to use Sheik competitively:

Use her variety to your advantage. Pretty much ALL of her moves have a use and none are completely useless (some may argue her D-Air, but I think its useful at times). Short and sweet combos with the finishing hit either as Zelda, or Sheik edgeguard. If you don't like to use Zelda, then you can rely on Vanish and U-Smash for your KOs.

What Ankoku said. F-Tilt > Anything. F-Tilt Lock starting from 20-30% for about half the cast. Guarantees about 50-60% damage if done correctly and it is difficult to escape.

Ankoku's video should cover it. Also stop by this reference thread for some in-detail information:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178516

Its highly highly recommended if you want to cover up some of Sheik's glaring weaknesses. Sheik and Zelda combined have relatively few bad lopsided matchups. It makes getting that KO in easier too.

I hope you can answer these question. i'll appreciate it alot.
Welcome to the Sheik boards also :D!!

Go Sheik!!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'll start to play Sheik as well, nice info ^^

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I can KO with only Sheik just fine with aggressive edgeguarding and fresh dsmashes close to the edge.
Why do that when you could just Down+B , get a smash attack off, then Down+B and have all your moves refreshed?

...I like my option a lot better then keeping DSmash fresh and hoping to edgeguard, which doesn't work vs a lot of characters who are better at it then Sheik is.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Seriously? Her attacks get refreshed? Everyone was saying it doesn't matter.

Well, now I can do that Love-Jump type thing twice, transform to Zelda and back to Sheik by the time I'm on the ground again.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Wow thnx for the info. I like how Sheik plays really. Shes uber fast, i found out about the ftilt lol it pwns. Though i think i have to learn how to work with the chain. Thnx for the info again i'll try to get better ;)

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i have a different opinion with having to be good with zelda. i wouldnt say that is compulsory. it helps but for most part with good edgeguarding skills and the right matchup there is no need for transformation, e.g. against ike etc.

also even an average zelda is ok, din spam to smash usually finishes off especially sine din forces your opponenent to approach, which imo doesnt take to much skill.

demodemo

Smash Ace
don't transform if you don't need to

but transform if there is no other reason not to

honestly, even if it is against ike

if he is offstage trying to recover at 110% and you are at the other side of the stage, TRANSFORM FFS

because honestly, you're gonna KO him soon, and are going to need that fresh set of moves + it IS easier to kill with zelda. dins would **** him to oblivion

i used to be skeptical about transforming, since i could win matches without it, but after learning how to do so effectively, I ****. seriously, you must try it to judge. i am so confident with transform, that i sometimes transform at 60% if i know they are far enough for din's.

i **** my friends because of transform, and you should too.

Top Bottom