• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some IC stuff.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fair enough for me. But yeah, ive been playing good warios online so i know that matchup a bit, but offline unfortunatly we dont have that in montreal. We only have stupidly good rob and snakeS (Dom is mad good too = ( ), and a handfull of online players who pop up randomly to destroy the top 8 (FFYF2 was hilarious just for that).

But yeah id like to see more of your ics, since your last videos are from very very very long ago. Will you be going to genesis and use ics thar?
Yeah, I will be at genesis and using IC's.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think grabbing Wario is easier then certain people make it out to be.. It's really easy to bait a grab against him.

Just wait for his d-air approach.

When approaching with d-air Wario has three options.

to d-air and then instantly run away

to d-air and stay on top of you

or d-air and go through you to your back

This applies even if you shield the d-air.

If you see Wario coming with a d-air run away and reverse grab.

If he tries the "go through you" approach you'll grab him.

If he tries the "stay on top of you" d-air approach you'll probably grab him.

If he tries the "run away" d-air approach you might grab him. If you don't grab him he's so far away from you that you can't get punished for doing the reverse grab in the first place .

BTW Hylain why do you and I make similar decisions all the time?(well not all the time, but I think you get what I mean) two weeks ago I decided to try and start maining Icies again, what gives? :chuckle:

Oh yea, why are you hating on slikvik? lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not hating on slikvik, I <3 slik.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
GIMR, you forgot probably one of the most important ones, which is Dair and then DJ away (either while doing a nair or another dair or a waft or whatever)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR, you forgot probably one of the most important ones, which is Dair and then DJ away (either while doing a nair or another dair or a waft or whatever)
Yeah my bad, that's true.

But with my whole setup you grab wario during his D-air so a Double jump wouldn't be possible.

I should've specified.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You know Wario can also ff dair and buffer into a grab or bite himself, and then pummel to keep the other Climber away, yah? I'd rather eat a smash from one climber than risk the grab, and I've done this on a couple occasions.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
You know Wario can also ff dair and buffer into a grab or bite himself, and then pummel to keep the other Climber away, yah? I'd rather eat a smash from one climber than risk the grab, and I've done this on a couple occasions.
Yes, but the whole setup I'm talking about involves grabbing Wario during his D-air. So he can't follow up with anything.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, but the whole setup I'm talking about involves grabbing Wario during his D-air. So he can't follow up with anything.
A lot of my grabs are pivot grabs. Your opponent is going to be adjusting their spacing throughout the match however, and it's foolish to rely on one thing as you will become predictable. I mean eventually the stage is going to run out behind you and you are going to have to cross him up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who's going to approach an ICs that's just standing there? I'll wait for a waft, which is much easier to maneuver with AND it lifts me up to avoid followups. Obviously it's only smart or worth it to attempt dairs when they're trying to wall or are moving.

When they can grab you out of your jumps so easily, attempting to attack them when they're in a good position to do so is just o_O

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Who's going to approach an ICs that's just standing there? I'll wait for a waft, which is much easier to maneuver with AND it lifts me up to avoid followups. Obviously it's only smart or worth it to attempt dairs when they're trying to wall or are moving.

When they can grab you out of your jumps so easily, attempting to attack them when they're in a good position to do so is just o_O
Yeah but if I spam projectiles to force you to approach...:chuckle:

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yeah but if I spam projectiles to force you to approach...:chuckle:
Actually, the main thing wario has is he can fake to go for dairs and not do em and eat your shield fast enough by camping until he gets a free shield stab.

And yeah thats pretty much it. But its hella effective =D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
^swordgard gets it.

Also... who cares about your projectiles? Wario can be down 150% to your 30% and still take your stock before you take his.

Teh Future

Smash Master
So I actually played against a decent Wario... And I counterpicked Diddy lol. eff this matchup. When they camp platforms its like 10x worse than snake. Even if you predict where they are going to end up they can just move to a different spot because their arieal mobility is just dumb and its impossible to hit them. Its not that bad if you can actually get them to approach but seriously if they camp platforms on like YI its just the dumbest thing ever.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So I actually played against a decent Wario... And I counterpicked Diddy lol. eff this matchup. When they camp platforms its like 10x worse than snake. Even if you predict where they are going to end up they can just move to a different spot because their arieal mobility is just dumb and its impossible to hit them. Its not that bad if you can actually get them to approach but seriously if they camp platforms on like YI its just the dumbest thing ever.
It's not that hard lol but yeah I told you it was hard. There are not very many good wario players, and even fewer who play the match-up correctly. I need to get some videos with PhantomX.

Snake is still harder lol.

Quick tip: Spam nairs and pull back as you are landing. When they go over you uair while either moving backwards or forward. Don't stand still and aireal.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I didnt mean the matchup, I just meant when people are camping above you. ive never really had a problem against it, especially after I lost to a snake player who did it, but now Im just like lol wtf am I supposed to do.

Also I actually like bair more than nair from what Ive played(which was I think two matches before I started trying other characters. I know we played YI and lylat cruise which didnt help the whole camping nonsense but still I dunno what do to when they are just sitting thier jumping up and down on a platform lol.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It's not that hard lol but yeah I told you it was hard. There are not very many good wario players, and even fewer who play the match-up correctly. I need to get some videos with PhantomX.

Snake is still harder lol.

Quick tip: Spam nairs and pull back as you are landing. When they go over you uair while either moving backwards or forward. Don't stand still and aireal.
REFLEX! i don't care if 'most' wario players don't play it right, you just need one to **** you up to think the matchup is hard.

reflex, gmoney.... wario is stupid as hell. **** his dair.

Top Bottom