Sol Badguy Rides the Fire!

Pretty sure all the characters that are locks have already been revealed, being the characters from the original Guilty Gear. Besides Kliff I guess, cause he's dead lmao.
Seeing as Strive is more or less a "reboot" and it's redefining Guilty Gear's playstyle as a whole, they might start off with a smaller cast than people anticipate. I really don't see it going beyond 15 characters to be honest. Hell, Granblue Fantasy Versus only had 11 characters in its base game.
If we're getting 15 characters, I can honestly see the following 5 being:
-Testament: A way to honour Kliff. Seeing that he's his adoptive son it would be a nice homage. He's a big fan favourite as well. He might've been dropped from Xrd, but was in every game before that.
-Sin Kiske: A very important character that debuted in Overture. C'mon he's Sol's companion, I can't see him not get in.
-A Valentine: I'm personally betting on Ramlethal with a new playstyle. The Valentines have been a big plot element since Overture, and they've only been expanding upon it in Xrd. I can't see them dropping them any time soon. They might also just introduce a new Valentine altogether.
-A brand new character: no explaining here, I don't think Samurai dude will be the only brand-new character in this game.
-A character that has been present in GG's story, but has not been made playable yet: Think à la Raven and Jack-O'. They've both been present since Guilty Gear X, yet have only been playable in Xrd. I can honestly see this character being That Man (now called Asuka). It would be a nice way to surprise long-time fans.

3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey guys it's Ninty!

So I think I'm finally starting to be confident in Sol, with things like the presence of ArcSystemWorks Spirits, his many appearances in crossovers, the impact GG has had on modern fighting games as a whole, his relevance from Strive, and his moveset potential that really stands out a lot from other fighting game characters makes me think he could actually be in.

I think things are looking really good for him, and who says you can't have two fighting game characters in the same pass when the first one had three RPG characters?

Hey guys it's Ninty!

So I think I'm finally starting to be confident in Sol, with things like the presence of ArcSystemWorks Spirits, his many appearances in crossovers, the impact GG has had on modern fighting games as a whole, his relevance from Strive, and his moveset potential that really stands out a lot from other fighting game characters makes me think he could actually be in.

I think things are looking really good for him, and who says you can't have two fighting game characters in the same pass when the first one had three RPG characters?
Oh hey! what a coincidence, I just started following you on Twitter recently lmao.

I've been confident in an ArcSystemWorks rep ever since the Kunio-kun spirit event was a thing, and since Sol's basically the face of the company at this point (due to him and other GG characters being used for most crossovers, for example the recent Epic Seven crossover) it just makes sense for it to be him. Which also lines up for me perfectly, since Guilty Gear has to be my favorite fighting game franchise.
The spirit event also took place right after Byleth's reveal, so possibly during the time where Nintendo made the talks with other companies for Fighter Pass 2?

I might be looking too hard into it, but it would be kinda weird for the only ArcSys property to be represented in Smash to not be one of their megahit fighting games they're so known for. Guilty Gear XX is also the next big 2D influential fighting game that needs to be represented in some way, after KOF and SF that is. A lot of fighters nowadays use mechanics that have been introduced there. Heck, it basically shaped the Anime Fighter genre.

Also think about the diversity in music Guilty Gear would bring. We will finally have actual metal/hard rock tracks in Smash. Absolute feverdream right there.

Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Hey guys it's Ninty!

I assume you're talking about the ARMS character, and I wouldn't worry about that. I feel like one of the biggest reasons they were able to get away with having three JRPG characters in FP1 is because all the games the characters were from were drastically different in tone, themes and mechanics. Persona 5 is a monster catcher/stylish action. Dragon Quest is classic/cartoon fantasy and Fire Emblem is strategic/war. Obviously, ARMS is unlike any traditional 2D fighting game or any competitive fighting game in general so I'm pretty sure they could add Sol, Scorpion, Heihachi or Nightmare in this pass as well and no one would be upset much except for a few purists.

New character for Guilty Gear Strive to be announced on June 9. You can see it in the second pic of the tweet.

Remember that Strive will also appear at New Expo Plus on June 23.

Last edited:
New character for Guilty Gear Strive to be announced on June 9. You can see it in the second pic of the tweet.

Remember that Strive will also appear at New Expo Plus on June 23.

Ooooh let's go! Finally something non-Smash related I can look forward to lmao. Seriously this lockdown has been really dull...
Personally hoping for Slayer, Zappa, Bridget or Testament. But let's be fair it's probably going to be Sin. Which I don't have much of a problem with.
C'mon ArcSys, surprise me!

Who are you hoping for?

Speed Weed

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Ooooh let's go! Finally something non-Smash related I can look forward to lmao. Seriously this lockdown has been really dull...
Personally hoping for Slayer, Zappa, Bridget or Testament. But let's be fair it's probably going to be Sin. Which I don't have much of a problem with.
C'mon ArcSys, surprise me!

Who are you hoping for?
i am and always will be vouching for zappa until he does come back
which admittedly is pretty unlikely, given his appearance in xrd and what that established

man

now that i think about it

a guilty gear dream match game would be sick af

Last edited:
Top Bottom