• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So counting Pokemon Trainer as 3, this will put us at 88 characters.

Counting it as 1, you get 86.

And World of Light has 4 unused spots after this DLC.

Fellas

90 characters.
Did anyone notice

They didn't say this pass wouldn't have Echoes?

....and we got those 4 extra spots in World of Light.
I do think althose slots are getting filled.

It did not occur to me some might be echos. That be pretty interesting. Honestly though I would be shocked if the goal is to get to 100 and then pull a street fighter 2 and reprint the game on every system forward.

Sakurai’s discussion on that actually might be a hint towards this project plan now that I think of it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Did anyone notice

Calm down, I'm still trying to deal with the fact that we're getting 6 more characters.

Jokes aside, echos would be fun, now that we know base game franchises are fair game.

Shroob

Sup?
I do think althose slots are getting filled.

It did not occur to me some might be echos. That be pretty interesting. Honestly though I would be shocked if the goal is to get to 100 and then pull a street fighter 2 and reprint the game on every system forward.

Sakurai’s discussion on that actually might be a hint towards this project plan now that I think of it
I think those spots getting filled isn't a matter of if, it's when.

Will there be 1 more pass after December 2021, or are we getting 4 Echoes?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hell no, but I've never seen someone spend an entire damn day whining about it.

Not even when Corrin was revealed.
You should have seen some reactions to Erdrick.

Plus I know Gwen declared Banjo Kazooie her sworn nemesis so I'm used to this stuff.
sigma_fighters.png

As someone whose high school life consisted of nothing but SSB4, I will never forget the sheer wrath of the fandom towards Dark Pit. As a matter of fact, I wound up maining him because of the whole thing. I'm more than thrilled that the whole thing has died down today, but I'll always regard it as one of the darker times of fighter elitism in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 258279
As someone whose high school life consisted of nothing but SSB4, I will never forget the sheer wrath of the fandom towards Dark Pit. As a matter of fact, I wound up maining him because of the whole thing. I'm more than thrilled that the whole thing has died down today, but I'll always regard it as one of the darker times of fighter elitism in my eyes.
Man. I remember being salty Dark Pit was a clone because he deserves a unique moveset. Thankfully, Echoes dulled down my anti-clone stance these days.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, now that Smash fandom complained about literally every DLC character except Banjo, we can stop acting like they are open-minded and it's just Sakurai who keeps making bad decisions.

Fellow Dark Pit fan here, keep being awesome.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Anyway, now that Smash fandom complained about literally every DLC character except Banjo, we can stop acting like they are open-minded and it's just Sakurai who keeps making bad decisions.

Fellow Dark Pit fan here, keep being awesome.
Every character is bound to be someone's favorite, even the most disliked ones

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Every character is bound to be someone's favorite, even the most disliked ones
And now you know why I don't give a flying peck as to who gets in. People are bound to enjoy at least somebody in the roster, whether or not you do, which puts a massive smile on my face. The Heroes in particular just make me warm and fuzzy when you see how Japan reacted.

D

Deleted member

Even then, some people here have been clear about not liking Banjo so no pick Sakurai does will win everybody over. It's impossible to get 100% praise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think those spots getting filled isn't a matter of if, it's when.

Will there be 1 more pass after December 2021, or are we getting 4 Echoes?
I mean despite the increase in characters, they said nothing about this being the final dlc set. Makes me think that as long as the money is coming in they’ll continue there DLC.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean despite the increase in characters, they said nothing about this being the final dlc set. Makes me think that as long as the money is coming in they’ll continue there DLC.
However, it will take longer to make these six new characters than it did to make the six DLC fighters we know about. Feels like the budget is gonna be lower despite one more fighter on the pass.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
However, it will take longer to make these six new characters than it did to make the six DLC fighters we know about. Feels like the budget is gonna be lower despite one more fighter on the pass.
I don’t think it’s lower, if anything I think they’ll actually allocate more resources to it. They have the money to fund more and they know it’s a goldmine so I wouldnt be surprised.

I think the deadline is longer because of one of two things:

1)Sakurai said he really likes added new mechanics/gimmicks to the game as it broadens gameplay. This could mean all the fighters have some type of gimmick that may require some extra time to perfect.

2)unlike what seems to be the case for the first fighter pass, they likely negotiated for these characters later in development, not along base game like the first pass seemed to be( due to hero being known 9 months out and Papa genos did have someone telling him they knew for a fact banjo was in).

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I don’t think it’s lower, if anything I think they’ll actually allocate more resources to it. They have the money to fund more and they know it’s a goldmine so I wouldnt be surprised.

I think the deadline is longer because of one of two things:

1)Sakurai said he really likes added new mechanics/gimmicks to the game as it broadens gameplay. This could mean all the fighters have some type of gimmick that may require some extra time to perfect.

Also unlike what seems to be the case for the first fighter pass, they likely negotiated for these characters later in development, not along base game like the first pass seemed to be( due to hero being known 9 months out and Papa genos did have someone telling him they knew for a fact banjo was in).
Medic_sf12_badmagic06.wav

I might be out of TMCC by the time everything wraps up, but that'll be okay. Just lets me mingle with more Smash lovers across my town! That is, it would if I could drive.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still can’t believe Sakurai hit us all with that binary code via fingers

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
On the subject of “why the heck did Sakurai choose Byleth”, if I remember correctly, Nintendo chose the list of potential DLC characters, with Sakurai giving input about how viable it would be to implement them.

While I may be disappointed about Byleth, I’m far more excited about 6 more fighters. I personally felt like really groundbreaking character choices were rapidly becoming fewer, so I’m pretty optimistic about how many big fan requests will be in.

I’m going to make some preliminary predictions about the 6 DLC characters:

My Early Bets:
1. Gen 8 Pokémon - All in
2. Minecraft Rep (Personal bias warning) - All in
3. Crash Bandicoot - High bet
4. ARMS Rep - Light bet
5. Spyro - $0.05, I haven’t even played one of his games but I wanna play a real dragon
6. Tails/Shadow - Light bet

Advocacy for two frontrunners:
Gen 8 Pokémon: For some games, Nintendo wants to represent every generation of releases in Smash. Byleth reaffirms that Fire Emblem (not “Fire Enblem”!!!) is in this camp, and Pokémon is the next most obvious example. With Gen 8 here, a new rep is due.
Minecraft Rep: Minecraft is the best selling game of all time, has appeal to both Japanese and Western audiences, is personally approved of by Sakurai, and would also be one of the few video game series in Smash that appeals to modern mainstream children. (How many characters from the past decade of gaming do we have that aren’t Nintendo’s self-promos?) Smash needs to start pulling from the new gaming icons eventually, and for DLC Minecraft is easy money. Plus, the 6 additional fighters were likely chosen during 2019, when for most of the year Minecraft was having a major cultural resurgence. I may be biased by my love of Minecraft, but I believe that Minecraft is such an easy sell that it is a very likely inclusion. (The hardest part is making the character, though!)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No they're insanely high.

Joking aside unless we get another mainline Fire Emblem between now and December 2021, yes, they're next to nil.
I was gonna say pretty low unless they felt like representing their mobile game division in the form of a playable character. As of now, we got the brand new Fire Emblem character of the time.

I'd only really guess that a Pokemon would be next.

What you say if they do, for any reason, make a fresh, new Smash Title? But with a twist.

Only ONE Character per series. For Balance.
That sounds depressing because we JUST got Ridley and now you want us to Yeet him out the game. Unless you want to say things like Metroid Prime, Mario Kart are sub series, and loophole a couple of characters back in.

Shroob

Sup?
I was gonna say pretty low unless they felt like representing their mobile game division in the form of a playable character. As of now, we got the brand new Fire Emblem character of the time.

I'd only really guess that a Pokemon would be next.

That sounds depressing because we JUST got Ridley and now you want us to Yeet him out the game. Unless you want to say things like Metroid Prime, Mario Kart are sub series, and loophole a couple of characters back in.
I wanna say if they wanted to represent Mobile games, they'd pick something else tbh.

Like say, Dragalia Lost.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone notice

Make one Protoman or Bass, and I'm happy. Not sure who I'd pick for the others. Akuma maybe, if they're willing to double dip on characters.

Shroob

Sup?
Kinda wonder if working on things "In secret" will be the new go-to for development.

It's... kinda obvious they're aware that leaks have happened now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think the only time I got actually annoyed at people ****ting on the DLC was everyone acting like Terry was some nobody, despite his decades long legacy to fighting games. I might've wanted a Tekken character more, but ****. SNK, like most fighting game devs, make really cool characters with cool moves.

I wanna say if they wanted to represent Mobile games, they'd pick something else tbh.

Like say, Dragalia Lost.
Do they have anyone cool?

Speaking of Phone games, MMXDive is supposed to drop Q1 2020. Seems like the only mobile game I'd willingly waste time on. And OG Mega Man and Protoman are supposedly playable characters in it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who woulda thought coming off as a salty son of a you know what for 40 minutes wouldn't be entertaining to watch.
It’s at 1.3k dislikes now. Oddly enough only a few comments thought it was too much.
Kinda wonder if working on things "In secret" will be the new go-to for development.

Next Dirext:

Sakurai: “Before we begin I’d like to say **** you vergeben! Twice now I’ve beaten you at your own game. My ninjas are superior”

Shroob

Sup?
I think the only time I got actually annoyed at people ****ting on the DLC was everyone acting like Terry was some nobody, despite his decades long legacy to fighting games. I might've wanted a Tekken character more, but ****. SNK, like most fighting game devs, make really cool characters with cool moves.

Do they have anyone cool?

Speaking of Phone games, MMXDive is supposed to drop Q1 2020. Seems like the only mobile game I'd willingly waste time on. And OG Mega Man and Protoman are supposedly playable characters in it.
I have no idea.

It was just my first thought that came to mind since it's Nintendo's IP that's not tied to any pre-existing series.

It's co-developed by Cygames which is the creator of everyone's favorite Hitagi-rumor, so then I guess Granblue Fantasy could also be an option if Sakurai wants to present their flagship IP over Dragalia.

No way in hell Fate plays nice. They're waaaaaaaaaay too stuck up about their Loooooooooore.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

"We can't even trust you idiots to not talk to your friends who'll just post it on twitter 3 days later."

You gotta wonder which Nintendo employees end up telling these leakers, or friends of leakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom