• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SuperDoo

Smash Cadet
lol best of 1 is idiotic. I would pull out of the tournament for that reason alone! played the game. In fact I wouldn't even register. Its hard to believe a smaher would make those kind of rules.

I do like the idea of picking only 1 char though it does help establish tier lists. I am not a big fan of dreamland only. in my opinion all levels should be fair game except for bonus mario, yoshi level and samus level. Though with best of 1 it doesn't really matter.

Anyways I am not sure winning the Japanese tournament proves a lot. They have inadequate rules therefore the winner is going to be more lucky. Even Roger Federer loses games! Doesn't mean he isn't the best. So Stupid to do best of 1.

Long live the Great Doo!

I would hate to see fights and isai yousuke 1 vs 1

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea bo1 is stupid, but that makes it pretty impressive that jousuke has won the last 3 tournaments he's attended.

malva00

Smash Master
turns out I didn't play Moyashi online. Instead, he took the train all the way to Ruoka's neighborhood. We arrived at the same time and walked to Ruoka's place together. We played from about 8:20 to 10:00pm, then he went home. After he left I played Ruoka for a while. No videos. SORRY XD.

At Ruoka's home, Moyashi said he will see me again next year at APEX.

SuperDoo

Smash Cadet
I think it would be more impressive had he won best of 5. All though it does show it is impressive that he has won a lot of them the fact is there are 2 reasons why its not as impressive.

1) It is harder to win best of 3 or best of 5.
2) Players can adapt to your style

So best of 1 to me is easier to win. Though obviously still impressive.

yea bo1 is stupid, but that makes it pretty impressive that jousuke has won the last 3 tournaments he's attended.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
If bo1 is easier to win than bo3, than bo1 is equally easier to lose, making Jousuke's consistency impressive, especially with single elimination.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
Japanese players are forced to learn to adapt quickly because they play Bo1. Adapting Quickly is the only way to survive in Japanese tournaments. Playing a best of 3 or 5 is more forgiving for players who are slow to adapt.

So far Ruoka Dancho, Moyashi, and Akagi have shown interests in coming to apex, although many players told me they wanted to go while I was at the drinking party after Kanto.

SuperDoo

Smash Cadet
If bo1 is easier to win than bo3, than bo1 is equally easier to lose, making Jousuke's consistency impressive, especially with single elimination.
Exactly but we are unable to determine if its luck or skill he is 1 hit away from losing in a lot of matches making the wins a bit lucky

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Japanese players are forced to learn to adapt quickly because they play Bo1. Adapting Quickly is the only way to survive in Japanese tournaments. Playing a best of 3 or 5 is more forgiving for players who are slow to adapt.

So far Ruoka Dancho, Moyashi, and Akagi have shown interests in coming to apex, although many players told me they wanted to go while I was at the drinking party after Kanto.
Who does Akagi main?

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
Akagi plays Falcon. He placed top 8 at the Kansai tournament in March.
Exactly but we are unable to determine if its luck or skill he is 1 hit away from losing in a lot of matches making the wins a bit lucky
Are you talking about Josuke?
I think almost every match I saw went to last stock.

B Link

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff Double Rest Myth

I felt like settling the double rest myth by myself in TAS today.

^This seems pretty close to a frame perfect death rest for jiggly. It's pretty hard to aim because you can't see the characters when they're really low.

Even if DK went towards where Jigglypuff re-spawns, it seems like Jiggly's revive delay takes far too long -- DK appears to be out of stun much before Jiggly even reappears. Thus, a second rest immediately after death doesn't seem like it would connect.

I also tried doing this on sector Z from the left blast zone, I actually did that one even more close to frame perfect, but DK flew way too far right, so Jiggly wasn't even close to getting that second rest.

I first read this idea on a comment on one of Antds youtube videos. A cool idea when imagining it, but it sucks that it doesn't work.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Mushroom Kingdom rest at the bottom of the well so they ricochet all the way up it and see if that works.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Maybe I should have put this more than one year old info public:

Hey,​
Luckily I found the playback of my last attempt I was talking about.​
Falcon has 72% and we're on Yoshi's island. The result is the following:​
- Falcon gets out of hitstun around 10 frames after jiggly can rest again.​
- Falcon has been sent too far to be reached by jiggly's second rest.​
Conclusion: impossible on this stage. I can't lower the initial percentage since the hitstun is already too short. And I can't higher the initial percentage either, since Falcon flies already too far/too quickly.​
The solution would be to find another stage with an edge further and to have a bit more percentage on Falcon. Now the problem is what stage... I think Sector Z is too big and I'm not sure Hyrule is big enough. And in any case, I don't know how I will get Falcon to the edge of the stage to rest him. On Yoshi's it was easy since there is the cloud, I just needed to jump from there to reach the end of the stage...​
I think I'm stuck for now, but if I come up with a solution (or if you do =P), I'll try looking more in depth into the case.​
Oh but it means it is probably possible in theory to double rest, which is already a good start ^^.​

B Link

Smash Lord
blah blah blah
10 frames only? Wow, aight I'll play around with this a bit more then.

EDIT: Here's a sector Z attempt. I landed this like 3 times but it kept desyncing when I played it back, so I recorded it on twitch >_>

http://www.twitch.tv/blinkssb/c/2759094

I used the small arwing to get to the left side. I'll try using a lower blastzone and lower % for falcon next time, although, I'm not sure if Falcon is still in hitstun by the time Jiggs is down. Can you determine this Sangoku?

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you're TASing it, it's far easier to try to jump as Falcon to see if he's still in hitstun. Cause I would have to redo it all myself to determine that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff Double Rest Myth

I felt like settling the double rest myth by myself in TAS today.

^This seems pretty close to a frame perfect death rest for jiggly. It's pretty hard to aim because you can't see the characters when they're really low.

Even if DK went towards where Jigglypuff re-spawns, it seems like Jiggly's revive delay takes far too long -- DK appears to be out of stun much before Jiggly even reappears. Thus, a second rest immediately after death doesn't seem like it would connect.

I also tried doing this on sector Z from the left blast zone, I actually did that one even more close to frame perfect, but DK flew way too far right, so Jiggly wasn't even close to getting that second rest.

I first read this idea on a comment on one of Antds youtube videos. A cool idea when imagining it, but it sucks that it doesn't work.
Yo does anybody remember me vs everybody about this

I'm still pretty sure that video never existed. Even if it's possible.

This reminds me of when Sangoku proved an invisible shine on a flat, immobile surface was impossible, and I got to gloat about an ancient argument.

Moral of the story: When it's Star King vs everybody, Star King is right. I'm 2-0 vs everybody.

Oh and there's the backroom debate too, but that's not really something provable, and I had some people backing me up on that one.

Thank you for the opportunity to stroke my ego B Link :troll:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Just found out justin hasn't played since the last tourney. Hope he doesn't pull a Gohan 7 years later performance. Anyway who is your team kero? Pretty sure we'll have anywhere from 5-7 players who could participate

clubbadubba

Smash Master
nintendude
a$
star king (not full power :( )
clubba
LD (he's a maybe and won't be full power :( )
Justin
Shears

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Some other MD guys are coming that may be in over Shears or Justin. We'll just have to see how the tournament results turn out though.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh yea forgot about Daniel and them. And we found a new guy right? Shoot lets just battle everyone. Maybe they should get PA too and we can do a SUPER MEGA CREW BATTLE.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
No I mean VA/MD vs everybody no draft. If they got near too this would actually be a good fight...

Top Bottom