• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

malva00

Smash Master
Looks like jousuke doesn't want to come to apex because he thinks overseas players are too serious and he just likes playing for fun. He says some japanese players are the same but what can you do. Also, its expensive and he really really really doesnt want pics taken of him. Jousuke is not even his real name.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Doesn't want pictures taken of him? Why are there so many hermits in the smash 64 community.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
Looks like jousuke doesn't want to come to apex because he thinks overseas players are too serious and he just likes playing for fun. He says some japanese players are the same but what can you do. Also, its expensive and he really really really doesnt want pics taken of him. Jousuke is not even his real name.
who is overseas besides you and madrush?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
He only likes to play for fun? I could have sworn I saw a video of him playing on a computer, and using save states/hitbox mode to train. IDK who he thinks he's fooling if he does that, lol. He does not want pictures taken of him enough to not come to Apex, but he will house Isai, his gf, and some other random dude. Stellar logic, Jousuke. LOL. (that is, if he's going for this Alancitu status secrecy thing – seriously, he didn't attend a tourney he said he was going to, so he whipped up a video à la L style, and he gives them a message without using his real voice.)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
1. Tell him that even though our tournament is more serious than the Japanese one, we do nothing but have fun in friendlies the rest of the time.

2. What if he were sponsored?

3. Take pictures of him and post them all over the internet so then it'll be out of the way (jk but I suppose if having a picture taken is keeping him from playing smash then there isn't anything we can do about that...)

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I wouldn't play this game if I wasn't having fun with it, although I do get serious from time to time. I don't think I would write off a country just because of how they play though, I myself would love to play with the Japanese, the Mexicans, the Peruvians, the Brazilians, or anyone in Europe. It would just be a fun experience with some competition involved, with play styles I haven't played first hands.

Also, Scooby isn't making any more videos. The man will be missed.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Looks like jousuke doesn't want to come to apex because he thinks overseas players are too serious and he just likes playing for fun.
Says the one panicking when I asked if I could upload vids with him on youtube.

Well maybe it's not the reason I think, but the dude sure is weird. Like why does he assume that from oversea?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Doesn't sound like the real reason to me. If he "just likes to play for fun" I seriously doubt he'd have entered Japan's big console tourney 3 out of the last 4 years and won.

He's probably just uncomfortable traveling across the world to play video games with a bunch of people he won't be able to communicate with. And it's obviously really expensive.

I'm content if any Japanese players came again.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Sheer is probably right, it would be weird flying across the world to be culturally isolated in a foreign country in order to play a weekend of serious high stakes matches in a childrens party game.

Vale

Smash Ace
So who is everybody's favorite character and/or main?
My favourite character is probably Yoshi, but my main is Pikachu because I magically go from having close sets with my friends with every other character in the game to four-stocking them.

Vale

Smash Ace
I just got two used first party controllers in the mail today (but they look like they are in pretty good condition).

The Star King

Smash Hero
I bought a yellow controller from breakthrough, which I won the tourney with

In other words, I am so far undefeated on the OG (non Hori) 64 controller. PWNED

Vale

Smash Ace
I bought a yellow controller from breakthrough, which I won the tourney with

In other words, I am so far undefeated on the OG (non Hori) 64 controller. PWNED

I haven't ever entered a legitimate tournament (unless 4 person tournaments with 3 people who don't own the game counts), so I am also undefeated.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I knew someone was gonna say that. I won the TOURNAMENT. Meant undefeated in tournaments. 1-0. That's what's up.

I guess you could also say I have a positive record against everyone I've played.

kys

Smash Ace
That's the cool thing about video games, sports, and music (and other crap); it's a great way to meet and connect with foreigners because all of those things are universal.

SK winning with Kirby doesn't count. Duh.

Vale

Smash Ace
Speaking of Kirby, that reminds me to try winning a game against my friend using only up-tilt and final cutter (recovery). If I remember, I'll report back with results in a few days (Wednesday/Thursday).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^That would be very easy.

How about win with only utilt and upb with samus, yoshi, and jigglypuff.

Vale

Smash Ace
Alright, fair enough.

In other news, I've been playing BtT recently and just got my total score under 4:30. Pretty bad compared to WR stuff, but w/e.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I've watched a few, and besides the obvious changes (DL only, 4 stock, japanese smash), they play it the same way.

Although a lot of people taunt at the same time on the left and right low platforms before starting the match which looks pretty cool

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lost my first Japanese Style 12 Character Battle against Jousuke by like 7-8 stock. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

Daaaaaaaaaaaang

****'s gettin real over there

Fire it up, dude! Your country needs you

god knows we can't step up ourselves

Top Bottom