• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Loool it was 25 hours here when I did mine. Anything over 50 hours is ridiculous, hell even 50 hours seems like overkill. Most people already spend the time driving with an instructor taking the drivers' ed course, all the extra hours with parents is unnecessary.

120 hours, dear lord that blows. If it takes you 50+ hours to learn how to drive, you probably shouldn't be allowed on the road :p

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i finished my learners driving with about 180 hours. its really not that hard, long trips to the beach, interstate, etc.

sk is right about the equation but took a round about way of solving it.

x-intercept:
1/(x+2) + 2 = 0
1/(x+2) = -2
x+2 = -1/2
x = -5/2

:phone:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
lol school kids ... actually not really you younguns are cool

i feel bad for high school kids though because they have to wake up really early for school. extra sleep is the best.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I kind of like in a way because it makes me sleep deprived during school, which makes me semi-hyper, which causes my shenanigans and school's hilarity in heneral to skyrocket

clubbadubba

Smash Master
My preference on waking up early vs staying at work/school late is far too dependent on the current time of day

B Link

Smash Lord
Oh ok

Work is different for me though. Either way I never like going to work. The sad thing is most people would kill to have a job like mine but that's how work is for me, I'll always dislike how it 'trades' my life for currency

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Oh ok

Work is different for me though. Either way I never like going to work. The sad thing is most people would kill to have a job like mine but that's how work is for me, I'll always dislike how it 'trades' my life for currency
Especially when that currency is rigged AHAHA ...ah ****...

but yeah working early / going to school early is way better because you still have some day left when you escape from hell >_>

M!nt

Smash Champion
i don't think they dropped out of highschool anyway, they dropped out of college.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Dropping out is not as bad as they make it out to be. You still have plenty of opportunities.

inb4someonepostsstatistics

Most people who drop out usually aren't smart enough to make a worthy future for themselves. Which is why in record statistics they have lower incomes on average compared to people who finish school.

M!nt

Smash Champion
its not that bad if you make it up by getting your GED.

Also i think drop outs are more to do with poor work ethic and negative attitudes toward learning than intelligence.
Im not saying there isnt people with genuine difficulty in learning, just what ive observed with people in high school.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
its not that bad if you make it up by getting your GED.

Also i think drop outs are more to do with poor work ethic and negative attitudes toward learning than intelligence.
Im not saying there isnt people with genuine difficulty in learning, just what ive observed with people in high school.
It's because most things you learn in school is useless info....honestly.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Public schools are garbage, simply put.
depends what section of what country you are in. Suburban public schools in US can be pretty good.

Don't drop out of high school kids, horrible idea. Yea the info is useless but you can't do much without a high school degree (except start your own business, which is much harder than finishing high school). You could get a GED, but high school is fun so you might as well enjoy it and get an education at the same time.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
public schools arnt garbage, but that's coming from someone who went to one the best public schools in the country and was often confused with a private school, so i guess i can't really argue that.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
schools do not teach people to be problem solvers, just good at memorizing, which is **** in comparison;

hence "MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLER WITH THE CHARGER COUNTS AS WIRED, WHAT'S WRONG!?!?!"

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't like this conversation for some reason so I'm gonna try to change it. Um... should I play Apollo Justice?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Don't drop out of high school kids, horrible idea. Yea the info is useless but you can't do much without a high school degree (except start your own business, which is much harder than finishing high school).
Depends on where you live. A lot of colleges around here take people who are drop-outs based on a mature-student clause.

And the Public schools in Canada (for the most part) are just ways to keep kids out of the streets until wel-fare is willing to pay for their home.

Top Bottom