• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
You're in luck. I was just taking apart my controllers for some cleaning and still have the parts exposed. Installing a new stick is dirt easy. Sorry for the piss poor quality; yay camera phone and weird lighting.

New sticks will come in a small grey/black box thing about the size of a ping pong ball or two. They're made this way to be really easy to replace and fiddle with.

The thing in my hand is the circuit board within the whole stick module, so your new stick will be that grey/black box, but with wires coming out, ending in the blue thing (might be a different color for you).

All you gotta do is dig your fingernail or something in the little groove, and slide the connectors apart. Simple. It does take a little force.

Just another shot showing how they fit together.

As for your button sticking problem, just take the buttons out, and clean the edges of them, as well as the edges of the frame containing the button. Rest assured you'll find tons of sludge and grime in there; a fine collection of all the dirt and food that's been on your hands. :)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ballin, be careful if you buy on amazon. I once bought some on amazon that said it was official nintendo ones, but it was third party and didn't work.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I'm back again

Be careful, here on this forum you can get banned for posting an internet hoax of a dictator :c

But you can still flame and troll and you won't get punished so much :p

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Ballin, be careful if you buy on amazon. I once bought some on amazon that said it was official nintendo ones, but it was third party and didn't work.
The third party ones DO work, but not well. The stick input lags, and it's almost impossible to play. Input lag is one thing if EVERY input is lagging (like online), but trying to coordinate actions between the stick and buttons when only one of them lags is infuriating.

I think these third party ones use potentiometers, but have a poorly programmed integrated circuit to convert the signals into something a first party N64 controller can read (photodiodes). The end result is not pretty.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Mine doesn't have stick input lag. The deadzone seems to be 0 or even negative sometimes, which means that if I try to crouch, I will jump first (for example). Or if I stick jump neutral and laser I will face right more often (even when I was facing left initially). The same goes for any aerials etc. And it doesn't work on my PC (online or offline). So I consider it as "not working", since I can't use it for a decent console play, nor a decent fake smash play. Only positive aspect is godlike DI due to some crazy range they have.

Olikus

Smash Champion
The first controller i bought wa a third party too. The joystick was so weird. Like jump for no reason, facing wrong way etc. So its allways import to make sure its the real controller when buying online.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
The first controller i bought wa a third party too. The joystick was so weird. Like jump for no reason, facing wrong way etc. So its allways import to make sure its the real controller when buying online.
That happened to me once with an unofficial N64 controller with a N64 USB adapter I bought.

in a side note:
Long time no see SWF

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think my Yoshi finally caught back up with my other Chars :). Finally, I was getting worried there for a sec. Guess it's time to test my skillz against the 10Fox challenge with him.

On another note: I just had a date with this fricken' amazing chick yesterday. So damn cool and so skinny. I think I'm going crazy xD. We had sushi and Jager Bombs! (Don't hate :cool:).

... I don't know why I feel inclined to share my romantic life with the 64 community. Just happens...

malva00

Smash Master
So Jousuke said he might be able to go to Australia in May/June/July

I might be able to go in June/July

who's supposed to be paying for this again? lol was it blaze? or someone else? posting here cuz i think the australians read this topic

ballin4life

Smash Hero
On another note: I just had a date with this fricken' amazing chick yesterday. So damn cool and so skinny. I think I'm going crazy xD. We had sushi and Jager Bombs! (Don't hate :cool:).

... I don't know why I feel inclined to share my romantic life with the 64 community. Just happens...
"so skinny"? I'm not really into the anorexic type personally :p

Also sushi and Jager Bombs? Gotta go for Sake Bombs there to stick with the theme.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah ciaza is maybe the second best username in this section, after Star King of course

You Australians can learn a thing or two from him

NTA

Smash Lord
It's hilarious when I go do something and come back and see this
(08:11:56PM) * Parts: Paladin (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:11:57PM) * Parts: flameo4 (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:04PM) * Parts: SiLLy (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:04PM) <æther ¼> yeah sure
(08:12:06PM) * Parts: I LOVE SMASH (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:06PM) * Parts: -»£o§«-Peek~ (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:06PM) * Parts: abraham (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:10PM) * Parts: Anonymous (Open Kaillera - n02 + Ownasaurus' tweaks (kaillera 0.9 compatible) - Jun 7 2011)
(08:12:21PM) <\\·¨»£ø§«¨·Nine> lol idk i just play whatever i come across
(08:12:25PM) * Parts: arkantosS (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:28PM) * Parts: Halfro23 (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:12:33PM) <danier> jueguen
(08:12:33PM) * Parts: i love A.R (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:13:03PM) * Parts: Lobster (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:13:40PM) * Parts: danier (Normal client exit)
(08:13:40PM) * Parts: §urri-§ama (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:13:41PM) * Parts: 3 Chicken (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:13:41PM) * Parts: PyroChicken îXî (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:13:46PM) <æther ¼> me too
(08:14:20PM) * Parts: Koopa (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:14:25PM) * Parts: Star King (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:14:28PM) * Parts: Nøvå (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
(08:16:05PM) * Joins: ==>ACM1PT==>EN4. (Ping: 297)
(08:16:08PM) * Parts: \\·¨»£ø§«¨·Nine (Emulator Crashed[Ping Timeout])
gg

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I was looking for something funny someone said but then I noticed all those "emulator crashed" exit messages lol.

malva00

Smash Master
talking to Moyashi. he hasn't been able to use the internet for 4 months

he said someone last year compiled this ranking of players in Japan

A
Isai Red 丈助 たつまん もやし

B
FAUST プリンス MEGU あまさわ たくろ~. ルオカ団長 king

C
貴公子 ふくおかけん S Sin  りょー とろーり ネスボーイ Din しんぜん wario おかじゅ ろん やまあし ジーマ アレックス

D
皇帝 sekirei ケント 南国 とかち 丼プリン でんちゃん min へびいちご honey けい バータ 無限氷山 Tokko ひとしお urikire おとぎ 193 凡骨 Owata レック DXプレイヤ ぶちまけ祭り 隻眼 仮入部 ハンコック

E
午後の烏龍茶 babe koron cross 掃除機 じろ あだむ Nasir04 ればにら あらん いっき クリス 多胡 しゅら 伽藍 choei ちゃら輔 ワンゲラー ドルフィン 2438学園 オリオン でまき

F
poke ケイスケ かなりあ 青ドンキー SECOND ばーしー おにぎり おでん 大根 でじくろ tomo 芹沢 ぎい 田中先生 リョウヘイ そる のぶ しゅうまい 初新車

There was a tournament in early 2011. here is the link to the vids http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/24527754

Big console tournament tomorrow in Tokyo with at least 150 people

[9:25:49 PM] Isai Alvarado: I want to put Japanese videos onto my youtube
[9:25:55 PM] Isai Alvarado: maybe Kanto Tournament 2011 ^w^
[9:26:11 PM] Isai Alvarado: I want everyone to see too
[9:26:27 PM] moyashi: oh
[9:27:03 PM] moyashi: I reserve permission in the person of sponsoring.
[9:27:18 PM] Isai Alvarado: you will ask for me?
[9:27:48 PM] moyashi: ???
[9:29:05 PM] moyashi: If it is possible to permit, I send you Kanto tournament 2011 videos
[9:29:41 PM] Isai Alvarado: yeah
[9:29:43 PM] Isai Alvarado: ^w^
[9:29:51 PM] Isai Alvarado: thank you very much

TANK64

Smash Lord
"so skinny"? I'm not really into the anorexic type personally :p

Also sushi and Jager Bombs? Gotta go for Sake Bombs there to stick with the theme.
Knew someone would say something about that -___-. Hey, I like curvy features just like the next guy- but I have learned that I am responsive to very thin women- so I can admit to that. Good call on the Sake Bombs. Does Heineken count as Japanese beer lol?

Where's future trunks powering up? ANOTHER NEW AVATAR TO MEMORIZE?

time to change mine
Come on, it's not that bad. I change my avatar maybe once a year, not once a week (like some kids around here). :p

TANK changed his awesome avatar :(
surry

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Knew someone would say something about that -___-. Hey, I like curvy features just like the next guy- but I have learned that I am responsive to very thin women- so I can admit to that. Good call on the Sake Bombs. Does Heineken count as Japanese beer lol?
Yeah just to me "skinny" has a negative connotation, as in being overly thin or underweight. I feel like "slim" and "slender" have a more positive connotation (with "thin" being neutral).

Battlecow

Play to Win
Those Kanto tourneys always get ridic numbers. Last one had 91. 150 is an even bigger step up

Yay for the Japanese (They're almost as cool as Americans)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Manifest 2011 was insane! (Anime festival). Got some cool pics of Miku and I, as well as other randoms like Haruhi. 1der got his picture with Misty and Princess Peach but aa was too noob to get a picture with anyone. SMASH BASH never happened in the end but I didn't mind.

I bought aa a Dango plushie so he bought me a Miku wall poster.

I'll upload some pics soon when I get back to Canberra.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So, to recap-

Lots of weeaboo stuff, but no smash. Pictures of weeaboo stuff, but no videos of smash.

Australia sucks.

;)

Top Bottom