• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Oh Worms Armaggeddon on teh background of frogles pic..., VERY fun game, gotta get it again, reminds me of smash in the way that you throw stuff to the opponent and you gotta send him out of the stage

killerrobo

Smash Cadet
there's a smash 64 tournament at my college on thursday and i'm pretty sure everyone here sux cuz i **** them all at melee and brawl, but i don't play 64 very often and don't know anything technical above like shield grabbing. Any tips on what to practice/abuse, what character to play, etc. This kind of question is probably asked a million times, but I don't feel like searching for things.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
there's a smash 64 tournament at my college on thursday and i'm pretty sure everyone here sux cuz i **** them all at melee and brawl, but i don't play 64 very often and don't know anything technical above like shield grabbing. Any tips on what to practice/abuse, what character to play, etc. This kind of question is probably asked a million times, but I don't feel like searching for things.
Shield grabbing? Technical?

Listen, stop talking like you know anything about smash 64. You make all newbs/trolls look bad.

killerrobo

Smash Cadet
LOL, you're following me now? people on this site overreact to absolutely everything. If anyone whose not a d-bag wants to help me out, it would be appreciated.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Read the smash index, and ask what you need to ask from there.

We are not trying to act like what you said, its more that your responses cause that.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
OK guys, I just started reading the social thread posts I haven't read (since my last post about 4 pages ago, due to me being away for the weekend). Talking about drugs is not allowed on smashboards, but since infracting one person would mean I'd have to infract 10 (or more, gave up reading), I won't infract people this time, but... well, no talking about drugs (or other illegal substances for that matter), or I will infract you.

Edit: I see other mods/admins have already beat me to this...

DMoogle

A$
The SWF Global Rules Version 6.0 says that only talking about engaging in drug use is prohibited. Can you point out an example of a post that talked about drug use that violated this policy and one that didn't?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
The people with red names are whackkk nowadays...

I remember back in the days.

---Edit---

It's FOUR-TWENTY.

I've been on 6 blunts since 12 a.m. Smoking the **** out of this herb called Marijuana. Gonna get my betty crocker on, later on when I get out of my 7:45 a.m class at 9! The roll up an OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHbama ya feel me.

HAPPY FOUR TWENTY!

killerrobo

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I was thinking pikachu or fox, but I was wondering if there was another character I could play cheap at low levels. For instance, in brawl, if you are playing against people who have never been to smashboards or a real tournament, a beginner Ike can completely dominate. Of course I will have to learn as much as I can about this game before thursday too.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Cheap at low levels? DK. His grab is like two kirby lengths, and his throws are absurd. His recovery isn't too bad either, and is quite easy to use.

Or just use Kirby.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Thanks, I was thinking pikachu or fox, but I was wondering if there was another character I could play cheap at low levels. For instance, in brawl, if you are playing against people who have never been to smashboards or a real tournament, a beginner Ike can completely dominate. Of course I will have to learn as much as I can about this game before thursday too.
If they're so bad that a scrub Ike can dominate them, you probably don't need any help in beating them in 64...

killerrobo

Smash Cadet
thanks cheese ball.

ya I know, you'd think they'd know how to play around forward bs, tilt's, and sheild grabs, but I do almost as well with Ike as I do with my mains.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
KillerRobo

I recommend using Kirby if your opponents aren't good

Or Falcon and just spam grab and throws or up smash into down air/up airs

You don't even need to z-cancel most of Falcon's really basic stuff, which is all you really need it seems vs them

DMoogle

A$
Chaining uairs and knowing when to finish with an up-B takes practice. Following up fthrows takes practice.

We learned how to do this stuff so long ago that it seems so trivial now, but believe me, this stuff takes time to learn.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Chaining uairs and knowing when to finish with an up-B takes practice. Following up fthrows takes practice.

We learned how to do this stuff so long ago that it seems so trivial now, but believe me, this stuff takes time to learn.
...those are really easy to do. I learned how to consistently do uair combos like a week after I started playing online.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Oddly enough I've been playing 64 (live and in person) for months but I never thought about uair combos until i started reading these boards (and watching Isai's pikachu carry people to the dumpster)

Peek ~

Smash Cadet
...those are really easy to do. I learned how to consistently do uair combos like a week after I started playing online.
so because X player can do Y technique easily after a week of playing online that means everybody else can do Y technique easily after playing a week online? that's unrealistic

i think what the most challenging aspect will be for new players is timing the uairs.

DMoogle

A$
Part of the reason it's difficult is because you basically have to learn how to jump by pressing up on the control stick again, or else you're going to end up accidentally double jumping most of the time. Obviously it's not necessary to jump and do u-airs that way, but it's the easiest way.

DMoogle

A$
Tilts take practice.

Although if you're already familiar with them from the other smash games, then it's basically the same thing. Still, I'm pretty sure when someone learns how to use tilts, they only are able to use them by buffering, because the physical action of just tilting the joystick quickly when you need to... takes practice.

Top Bottom