• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Shears

Smash Master
Probably top in NA yes.

And I know it's not exactly perfect as covering all events from all over would be nice but we're looking at the top 25. If it was a larger number (should have done top 64, would have been hilarious) then covering everything local as well would make sense, but unless any of those other strong local players could honestly beat the best people to go to majors it seems odd to include them.
There are majors you overlooked though.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
There are majors you overlooked though.
Any with entrance numbers as high as the others? I know there's a few other tournaments that are also high talent, but I'm down to hear more names. I think the 50 on that list will probably end up with a solid top 25 as is though

Shears

Smash Master
Any with entrance numbers as high as the others? I know there's a few other tournaments that are also high talent, but I'm down to hear more names. I think the 50 on that list will probably end up with a solid top 25 as is though
ODS
Hitstun 3
STR

If you're including 2014 at all then Apex 2014 and Zenith 2014. I'm on board with not including players that didn't attend a major in 2015, if people think they deserve top 25 they should've attended a major instead of sitting at home and living off their legacy. With that said, be sure to include all majors. There aren't many of them with 64 and a lot of them go unnoticed so no worries, but theres a few players that only attended these and didn't attend the ones you already included.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I didnt know about this..

I always wondered, why japanese players don't use youtube? (i notice that's only in smash64, in other games i don't see this as much)

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
After playing the game for many years and pretty much steering clear of Ness use, I've found Ness is pretty powerful, the only thing that messes me up is controlling the PK Thunder. Always has. no matter what version of Smash we're talking.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I didnt know about this..

I always wondered, why japanese players don't use youtube? (i notice that's only in smash64, in other games i don't see this as much)
Japanese players primarily use nico nico post videos because it's the largest video hosting site right behind youtube. The difference is that most of nico nico's userbase is Japanese that is interested in video games/anime/etc. Nico nico also has had a streaming service for a while before youtube and before twitch became super popular. Also, 64 players are lazy and hate change.

Tldr: nico nico is the Japanese youtube that focuses on video games and anime.

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
Some days I get really sad that I let myself not become a weeb neet in japan
I dont even like anime though so I dont know why it bothers me
Does anyone wanna play videogames

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I'm not on the list, nor spiky, but justin is, lmao
Btw wassap guys

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm not on the list, nor spiky, but justin is, lmao
Btw wassap guys
Just so you know, I added a lot of folks right before anyone voted based on requests. Almost none of those folks requested to be added in a single vote in the end. Not trying to be mean, but the voting was just about all in agreement till riiiight near the end (unless something huge changes in like, 2 days) so as much as I do feel bad I missed folks, it's probably not going to change the poll in the end.

Shears

Smash Master
I do like how the poll only contains players recently active and I think thats very important. I will say that reasoning should have had spikytorn and probably maafia included considering the other names there, but no offense to maafia or spikytorn, they are not top 25 worthy.

THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA you need to make it to GF at those hatboro locals first (or beat Darkhorses DK).

Olikus

Smash Champion
Things that you didnt know about the japanese scene part 3

When Japanese players play teams, friendly fire is off. First time ever for me playing high level smash without team attack. weird but fun experience.

Warios second best caracther is Samus.

Of all the japanese people I've played so far, probably around 80 percent have a really good pocket DK that they often bursts out.

The greatness of my discoveries here in Japan will continue. You are all welcome.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Was going to Genesis, found out I could not take off work this week due to well problems there. Good thing I didn't register as now I cannot.

Anyway going to Pound 6. Message me on FB if you are looking for a roommate. In terms of posting here....

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Generally speaking, what does the competitive Smash 64 community think of the Wii U version? Just asking because me and my friend played Sm4sh yesterday and mostly battled on Dream Land, Peach's Castle and Congo Jungle. Yeah, we took a serious trip down nostalgia lane. ;)

Shears

Smash Master
Generally speaking, what does the competitive Smash 64 community think of the Wii U version? Just asking because me and my friend played Sm4sh yesterday and mostly battled on Dream Land, Peach's Castle and Congo Jungle. Yeah, we took a serious trip down nostalgia lane. ;)

We have told you hundreds of times, we think anything that isn't N64 Smash on the N64 comsole sucks and shouldn't be played.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
We have told you hundreds of times, we think anything that isn't N64 Smash on the N64 comsole sucks and shouldn't be played.
Keep the dream alive, brother! I truly admire your dedication.

Personally, I don't really like Sm4sh that much. Seems too defensive to me. I like Smash 64 better because throws can kill. :grin:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The Smash 64 final at G3 was pretty exciting to watch. I was cheering out loud for Boom when he won those three in a row. Wish he could have run the table after the reset.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
ikr listen for once we had ur good adivce about music now leaveu can start ur own "i hate competitive stg on 64 they shood be banned" thread

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Hitbox can be toggled with 19xx. It's super easy.

btw, Japan is single elim, bo1, not for money, and they don't stream. How do they do a better job again? Oh because they have better players since player skill directly correlates to tournament efficiency.
Japanese tournaments are better run only because of the official drinking parties afterwards.

Top Bottom