• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Thinking about doing a custom PC build. One of the games I'd like to play would be SSB64 on-line. Care to recommend parts for optimum performance? I'd probably run Dolphin on this PC too.

SSJ1/2

Smash Rookie
Thinking about doing a custom PC build. One of the games I'd like to play would be SSB64 on-line. Care to recommend parts for optimum performance? I'd probably run Dolphin on this PC too.
Toasters run SSB64 perfectly fine.

Yeah, a ChromeBook can run Melee perfectly, so I'd imagine just about any machine can run 64.
That brings up an interesting point; I wonder what the lowest specs required to run 64 perfectly are.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
My current PC which has an integrated graphics card can't run it full screen without slowdown. Granted, this PC is mainly used for surfing the Net and watching YT videos which it handles quite well.
pretty sure u cant play online on full screen anyways. it cause desync somehow

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Yesterday I came to a startling conclusion that Melee is a sole reason why all other smash games are treated so poorly and misconstrued, because you always have uninformed melee players trying to tell people how to play 64 or making up false information to make their game out to be better. I now completely understand and blame the communinty for being so jaded and egotistical and a huge reason why this game struggles so much to even get stream time. People instantly take statements like 'you get hit once and you die' and 'isai is unbeatable' and they turn all the time and passion people put into this game into phrases that hold no weight in the first place. I have a buddy who plays melee and when we play 64 together, he's constantly complaining about the hitstun. He's constantly complaining about the physics and how it's not fair. It's enough to make me want to gag and it's so disappointing people either drop 64 because they don't want to adapt or they want to stay ignorant and continue to give each other fellatio about how Melee is the greatest (smash) game of all time. It's even worse that I actually like Melee and watch matches, but at least 64 players don't go into melee, brawl, or even smash 4 chats talking about how this game isn't a pure carbon-copy of 64 therefore it's bad or not as good as it.

I'll stil continue to play this game regardless but I just really wish we were given a better chance and I could somehow get people into this game, because they usually just want to play Melee instead or compare every other game either not as good as Melee or too different. Disheartening.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Yesterday I came to a startling conclusion that Melee is a sole reason why all other smash games are treated so poorly and misconstrued, because you always have uninformed melee players trying to tell people how to play 64 or making up false information to make their game out to be better. I now completely understand and blame the communinty for being so jaded and egotistical and a huge reason why this game struggles so much to even get stream time. People instantly take statements like 'you get hit once and you die' and 'isai is unbeatable' and they turn all the time and passion people put into this game into phrases that hold no weight in the first place. I have a buddy who plays melee and when we play 64 together, he's constantly complaining about the hitstun. He's constantly complaining about the physics and how it's not fair. It's enough to make me want to gag and it's so disappointing people either drop 64 because they don't want to adapt or they want to stay ignorant and continue to give each other fellatio about how Melee is the greatest (smash) game of all time. It's even worse that I actually like Melee and watch matches, but at least 64 players don't go into melee, brawl, or even smash 4 chats talking about how this game isn't a pure carbon-copy of 64 therefore it's bad or not as good as it.

I'll stil continue to play this game regardless but I just really wish we were given a better chance and I could somehow get people into this game, because they usually just want to play Melee instead or compare every other game either not as good as Melee or too different. Disheartening.
Post this in reddit and see how many down votes it gets for bad mouthing melee. Then you'll really see how terrible those other communities really are.

Annex

Smash Ace
Do you remember in high school those kids who weren't really part of a clique or group but would kinda hang around with one, repeat jokes and phrases that they heard, try to act cool to them and adopt all of their opinions and mannerisms? Just humans DESPERATE to fit in with anyone, even if it means completely abandoning and redesigning their personality?
They all joined the melee community
Now they have all the validation they never got, and I would feel sad for them if they weren't so ****ing obnoxious

Shears

Smash Master
Do you remember in high school those kids who weren't really part of a clique or group but would kinda hang around with one, repeat jokes and phrases that they heard, try to act cool to them and adopt all of their opinions and mannerisms? Just humans DESPERATE to fit in with anyone, even if it means completely abandoning and redesigning their personality?
They all joined the melee community
Now they have all the validation they never got, and I would feel sad for them if they weren't so ****ing obnoxious
LOL this is a perfect explanation of it all. I've been looking for the words to describe the melee characters and this is it.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Have you been secretly playing or are you rusty/bad now

Last edited:

Peek~

Smash Lord
I havent touched the game since I played Isai irl. I cant be rusty though cause stick jumping insta-dair is in my blood and its always good.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I wasnt and I still am not. Just popping in to say hi.
I promised Hipstur he would be the first person I played if I ever got back into this though.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
http://i.imgur.com/uO4uect.webm Apparently opinionboards doesn't let you embed webm videos/gifs, nice.

(01:21:01PM) <\\Heemlo> thats a horrible gif
(01:21:09PM) <\\Heemlo> i cant believe ur spending ur time on this

Do not play him until he stops using rapid fire, He's used it for over a year now since he started. I don't think Fireblaster or anyone like that was ever this bad, they all stopped using it after a few times.

Lol you can't even edit your own titles, holy **** this forum base is terrible.

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
I guess 64 players finally got tired of getting censored on swf and left for fb, twitter, irc, kaillera and skype groups

ggs :176:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yeah the boards activity has been steadily declining it seems like. kind of a shame since no one makes any actual gameplay related posts on fb

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Man this game is GREAT If only someone could find a way to unlock those four characters that are blacked out on the sides

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
It took me years to unlock ness lmao my sister had to search it up on the internet when I was like 8, like why not Normal and above, or 3 stocks and under XD I had to watch my older brother suffer doing very hard 1 stock no continues trying to get him, or sometimes people would tell us "you gotta beat all board the platforms to get him" only to be stuck on jiggs cause we didn't know pound worked, man I miss those times, I wish new smash was that unique to unlock chracters

Annex

Smash Ace
Yeah, some players have already found all this information but that's very neat anyway! <3
I wonder if it's any different

Top Bottom