• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Shears

Smash Master
what do you guys think the tiers would be if everyone except pikachu had their upb replaced with pika's upb? o.O
They would all be worse. Pika upb sucks. How would Falcon, Luigi, Kirby Studstill, Link get kills? How would Jiggly put everyone to sleep? Pika upb has no hitbox, terrible fall special, and glitches through DL ending in SDs.

Shears

Smash Master
I just want an itemized list of the differences between the cartridge and Virtual Console version of Smash 64. Is that too much to ask for?
You have been told several times the differences. VC skips frames. This isn't something that can be compromised on. It isn't a con that can be outweighed. It literally ruins the game on anything more than casual gameplay for noncompetitive people who have no introduction to tech skill.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Great Tournament and great drinking party afterwords. I made it out of pools so Im happy. Next time I will go even further!

I had drunk mariguas pika coaching. Who can beat that!?

Sedda

Smash Champion
Is there anyway of finding out any results?
or even video's if someone is feeling generous?
top 8:
1. wario
2. fukuro (top japanese kirby)
4. moyashi and mariguas

superboomfan lost to moyashi first round of top 8 and bonobono lost to wario also first round of top 8.

not sure who played against fukuro or mariguas in top 8, so two players missing lol.

other players who attended: FAUST, Sekirei, Sin, MEGU

kikoushi may have entered but i cant read those names. i know kikoushi played friendlies with them the day before.

jouske did not enter

Morin0

Smash Lord
there's a name that looks a lot like kikoushi lol. it's きニーしts under O.

what's weird is that the second character is ni not ko, and it looks way too flat to be こ. The ー is essentially the う in katakana (it just elongates vowels) if it were きこーし. And then there's the letters ts at the end.

So romanized it'd say "kiniishi ts" kind of an odd name lol.

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
kikoushi entered as luigi.

ruoka danchon lost early to Nangoku.

Wario allmost lost to another pika early in the tournament, but forgot his name. in top 8 though he had pretty decent control vs his oponents.

Many japanese players regarded fukuro as the best kirby even before the tournament started.

boom was thrown off stage on his last life twice before making it to the top 8. Hadnt both the japanese players choked with edgeguards he could have lost them both. His match vs moyashi was superclose. Mariguas was allso last life high percent in all his single elimination matches before top 8.

to say it the least. Japan has so many crazy good players its allmsot unbelivable.

Drunk smash with mariguas was the highpoint of the day.

I will asnwer as good as I can if poeple are wondering on something else.

Sedda

Smash Champion
kikoushi entered as luigi.

ruoka danchon lost early to Nangoku.

Wario allmost lost to another pika early in the tournament, but forgot his name. in top 8 though he had pretty decent control vs his oponents.

Many japanese players regarded fukuro as the best kirby even before the tournament started.

boom was thrown off stage on his last life twice before making it to the top 8. Hadnt both the japanese players choked with edgeguards he could have lost them both. His match vs moyashi was superclose. Mariguas was allso last life high percent in all his single elimination matches before top 8.

to say it the least. Japan has so many crazy good players its allmsot unbelivable.

Drunk smash with mariguas was the highpoint of the day.

I will asnwer as good as I can if poeple are wondering on something else.
What happened to my ***** sekirei?

Olikus

Smash Champion
Olikus Olikus
Did the puff player Wangera make top 8? Did any foxes place well?
Were there any players that surprised?

Nice job on making it out of pools!
top 8 was wario vs bonobono
mariguas vs MEGU
fukuro vs a pika that I dont know the name for
boom vs Moyashi
Uru a fox player allmost beat boom in tournament, and he won vs boom afterwords for the exhibition matches.
So I would say uru was the biggest suprise for me at least. Didnt know he was that good.
there was 2 really good puff players though. One who allmsot beat boom and one who allmost beat mariguas. both matches high percent last stock. So I guess wangera was one of those 2.

Thanks my pool was very though!

What happened to my ***** sekirei?
Sekirei lost early. Like top 32 I think.

orion(a very good pika player) met FAUST in like round 64 and lost. So he was very unlucky.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Is Super Smash Bros. 64's solid frame rate part of it's continuing success? I ask because it's not every day that you find a game released in 1999 still being played at such high levels.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Is Super Smash Bros. 64's solid frame rate part of it's continuing success? I ask because it's not every day that you find a game released in 1999 still being played at such high levels.
Plenty of old games are played at "high level". Lots of old games like Super Mario Bros. and LoZ: Ocarina of Time are speed ran a lot. I'm sure there's old school multiplayer games (fighters, fps, etc) that still has a scene. The main reason ssb64 is still a thing is because it's different than the other smash games, and we like it.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Things that you didnt know about the japanese scene part 1

Bonobono is crazy tall. Like higher than weedwack tall.

The japanese players refer to jouske as the ninja. When he enters a tournament he only plays his tournament matches. No warmup or friendlies in between the tourney matches.

When we got to the top 8, the players picked a straw. On the straw it was the letter A-H. The Player who picked A could choose his spot first. Then B etc. The reason why boom and moyashi faced each other was because they had letter G and H and none of the other palyers wanted to choose any of them.

The intro video for the tournament which allways shows high level play was very different this year. More like a troll video with failed edgeguards and stuff. It was very funny an unexpected.

Last edited:

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Oh no

I've thought for a long time that everybody in the world was either shorter or worse at smash than me.

It's what got me out of bed every morning

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I'm making this post in light of the announcement of Genesis 3, which looks like it's going to be a pretty serious major. I assume many players, if not everyone, is going to be practicing to do some serious damage at this event.

That being said, I'm making this post because my options for practicing against human opponents in ssb64 are incredibly limited. If you care about the details, go look at my wall of text in the "Project64k 2.2 core" thread to see why I can't play online with pj64k right now. It's the same reason I haven't played online since SSC. That being said, I can play online perfectly with mupen. If anybody wants to practice with me or finds me as valuable practice, contact me through the IRC or whatever. If nobody wants to go through this trouble to play with me, then that's fine. That just means I'll be fully able to practice movement on console only so I don't make those mistakes in bracket.

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
Just finished uploading my second Mario Maker Level, the sequel to my first level

Super Bounce Bros. Melee

469D-0000-008E-C1F9

Nicholas Scalzi

Smash Rookie
Hey all,
Just an extended question about Movement/Spacing, and I couldn't find anything in the other forums.

I was looking for some practices or exercises in training mode to improve my movement through platforms to z-cancelling to ledge cancelling to fast falling. Its by my weakest part of the game cas it affects the approach as well as the combo ability.

Also wondering what people did to improve spacing? Is it just a fact of knowing all the characters moves and speeds and trying to avoid their potential attacks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Has go to first unread post been broken for everyone else since the update?

Also wondering what people did to improve spacing? Is it just a fact of knowing all the characters moves and speeds and trying to avoid their potential attacks?
Play other people. Don't think there's another way to do it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I main the light blue Yoshi and ness,what do you main in smash 64? Anyone can answer.
Light blue yosi, red falcon on keyboard. Prob pika on hori/console (blue hat) with falcon/pika as secondaries

Last edited:
Top Bottom