• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, I go there. I got work on Tuesdays and I don't have a car, so I don't visit much. There's also a sm4sh/PM fest next to the venue that's hosted by @Corby every Saturday. I have not played Smash64 at all in my youth days, but I was always willing to have a go at it.

It's be cool to learn things about this game. The I see the hitstun is lengthy, but I can't follow up.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Yeah, I go there. I got work on Tuesdays and I don't have a car, so I don't visit much. There's also a sm4sh/PM fest next to the venue that's hosted by @Corby every Saturday. I have not played Smash64 at all in my youth days, but I was always willing to have a go at it.

It's be cool to learn things about this game. The I see the hitstun is lengthy, but I can't follow up.
if you happen to come to the next monthly i can show you some stuff :)

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Are we all just collectively ok with Studstill now? Even after this?

I know it has been a while. Did he apologize for that? I feel like people have been kicked out of communities for much less.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
studstill apologized and is starting to become less of a bad guy in general

you need to chill Falcon Solo

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
studstill still has his moments, advocates the buring of melees, and continues to push his ideology on to others
studs only problem is that he thinks everybody should be like him and think like him

also

Last edited:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
It was too funny to be mad at
Even cobber was like "yo ex dee"
Even if some of the stuff was directed at Cobr, saying that you're superior than someone based on their sexuality is an attack on everyone with that sexuality. Maybe not something the community should be cool with.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Even if some of the stuff was directed at Cobr, saying that you're superior than someone based on their sexuality is an attack on everyone with that sexuality. Maybe not something the community should be cool with.
He formally apologized for the whole thing, cmon guys what happened to forgive and forget?
oh right this is smashboards where its bash and attack

Annex

Smash Ace
Im probably the only ace who watched that and I thought it was funny af. If people want to just make a case against studstill, yeah, you could use that, but I don't think it harmed anybody. I don't think it harmed the community either since so few people watched that
Besides, he was on such good behavior at apex

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Im probably the only ace who watched that and I thought it was funny af. If people want to just make a case against studstill, yeah, you could use that, but I don't think it harmed anybody. I don't think it harmed the community either since so few people watched that
he's had good behavior lately, cut studstill some slack

Vale

Smash Ace
so i've recently been told that there's an animated series called RWBY. all i currently know before watching is:
1) cool music
2) superheroes beatin' people up
3) city named vale
sounds like my kind of show

Last edited:

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
The amount of stickied threads is getting pretty ridiculous.

I feel like having the social, player map, index, ask a question, and maybe the calendar are the necessary threads. No wonder why new players always ask simple questions with new threads and don't know where the index is.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I thought it was hilarious and perhaps no one was harmed, but that's not the point. Studstill threated cobr, said some racist things, and was overall being the worst kind of person. Did he apologize for that? If he did and everyone is fine with it, then I'm cool with it. If he didn't, and people just forgot about it, then why are we letting scum like him in our community?

Olikus

Smash Champion
I thought it was hilarious and perhaps no one was harmed, but that's not the point. Studstill threated cobr, said some racist things, and was overall being the worst kind of person. Did he apologize for that? If he did and everyone is fine with it, then I'm cool with it. If he didn't, and people just forgot about it, then why are we letting scum like him in our community?
Its because we are a dying species. The 64 community is pretty much panda bears. The Z is comfirming this with his new avatar. The way things are going we pretty much welcome everyone who likes the game. Even crazy cat ladys.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Feeling reminiscent so it's story time:

The Sheer Chronicles: Yoshi's Rising

My peak as a 64 player came in the 2007-2009 era. By mid 2007 my stone cold devotion to Yoshi was finally starting to pay off. I was beginning to put all the Yoshi pieces together. My combos, tech chases, shield pressure, and parrying were all coming together to form a fluid Dino.

North America was not prepared. Up to that point no else had put any real effort into Yoshi. There simply weren't any good Yoshi's around so no one had any idea what to do. I was beginning to demolish players who around my general skill level. I remember sessions vs A tier players where I would break their shield 1-2 times every single stock. I was placing top 3 in the online tourneys I was entering usually only losing to Boom/Jaime/A$'s Kirby (really close sets but it had my # in tourneys). I was one of the first people outside of Boom/Isai to take a set/sets off Jaime.

It was intoxicating. My opponents were basically stuck in their shield or a combo the entire match and that's about as close to an adrenaline rush as smash is going to give you. I was having so much fun with Yoshi I had pretty much dropped every other character and started to play Yoshi like 99% of the time (Wizzrobe style).

It was a beautiful time. But nothing lasts forever. By the end of 2009 a new talented crop of smashers were coming onto the scene and they had a thing for Yoshi as well. A greater concentration of talented Yoshi's meant more match up experience for everyone else and rougher seas ahead for Sheer.

Stay tuned for part 2 of the Sheer Chronicles.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Feeling reminiscent so it's story time:

The Sheer Chronicles: Yoshi's Rising

My peak as a 64 player came in the 2007-2009 era. By mid 2007 my stone cold devotion to Yoshi was finally starting to pay off. I was beginning to put all the Yoshi pieces together. My combos, tech chases, shield pressure, and parrying were all coming together to form a fluid Dino.

North America was not prepared. Up to that point no else had put any real effort into Yoshi. There simply weren't any good Yoshi's around so no one had any idea what to do. I was beginning to demolish players who around my general skill level. I remember sessions vs A tier players where I would break their shield 1-2 times every single stock. I was placing top 3 in the online tourneys I was entering usually only losing to Boom/Jaime/A$'s Kirby (really close sets but it had my # in tourneys). I was one of the first people outside of Boom/Isai to take a set/sets off Jaime.

It was intoxicating. My opponents were basically stuck in their shield or a combo the entire match and that's about as close to an adrenaline rush as smash is going to give you. I was having so much fun with Yoshi I had pretty much dropped every other character and started to play Yoshi like 99% of the time (Wizzrobe style).

It was a beautiful time. But nothing lasts forever. By the end of 2009 a new talented crop of smashers were coming onto the scene and they had a thing for Yoshi as well. A greater concentration of talented Yoshi's meant more match up experience for everyone else and rougher seas ahead for Sheer.

Stay tuned for part 2 of the Sheer Chronicles.

i dont care, nobody asked, you just said it

but thats why you're a real man, sheer

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Are we all just collectively ok with Studstill now? Even after this?

I know it has been a while. Did he apologize for that? I feel like people have been kicked out of communities for much less.
Wow guy. So not only do you get all preachy about Fox, but you also talk about stuff you have no idea about?
Way to go champ.
I would love nothing more than to put the past behind myself and Cobr.
Way before it got to the point of that video, I publicly tried to make peace with Cobr on multiple occasions. He treated all of them like a moment to further abuse me, like the immature troll he is.

What is in that video is what happens when a normal human being gets trolled and harassed by people with the express intent of riling them up. I gave them what they were demanding. After months of harassment and abuse.
So you sir, can mind your own business.
Cobr is a vile troll. He got exactly what he deserved.
Actually, further:
What community? Kick me out? This elitist mentality you have is repulsive.
I play SSB64. Bam! I`m a member of the community of SSB64 players. You don`t have the ability to kick me out.
Now if you meant, off SWF, then I can pass along some advice from the mods: Use forum support and report any offensive posts.
If you are recommending to any TO`s that I be banned from tournaments, then I believe I am showing considerable restraint by asking you again to mind your own business, or rather know your place. It isn`t to get out of context recordings of events you have no part or knowledge of.
And you know what man, how are you still pretending that this stuff was started or instigated by me?
I`m sorry you just tolerated the racist, anti-women, anti-gay bile that Cobr and Canuet spew, but the 4-5 people that have a "problem" with me are known major league assholes:
Cobr.
Cane.
Steve.
Fire.
So really, what the hell are you even bringing it up for? If you got something to say, say it, don`t make some passive aggressive post.
Peace.

My bad, I didn`t even see this. You are way wrong again.
I`m sorry that whatever worldview you have allows for people to be that angry for no reason. That was the culmination of months of abuse and harassment and I had ****ing had enough. You have no idea what you are talking about.
I`m scum now? Why is that? NO ONE FORGOT. YOU JUST ARENT AWARE. It would be funny if you weren`t injecting yourself into it. What everyone (besides you) did was actually know me, and apparently not be blind to what Cobr is.
I didn`t say anything racist you liar.
Who are you to judge when people should threaten others. He had hurt me emotionally, psychically, and in that case verbally, for the last time.
Go yell at some daytime TV, man, I don`t appreciate this next year Monday Morning QB ing at all.
cobr handled that really well. definitely the better man
Oh yeah? Cobr isn`t a man at all. He didn`t "handle it well", he acted like that because my reaction was exactly what he wanted. And props to your incredible ability to infer everything that led to that from just one highly selective video clip.
I`m here for the game. I`m only sorry that the vast lack of technical knowledge about the game caused you all to get repeatedly schooled on facts by someone new. Which to ego-driven people like Cobr was too much. But whatever, he`s your asshole, and I`m the new guy. What a total waste of time. I ahve such energy and passion for this game, so much I want to do for the scene and all this does is de-motivate.

You want to know why 'it`s cool'?
Because Cobr totally deserved that and everyone involved knew it.
Because most of them have met me, have seen the genuinely kind person I am.
You judge me at my worst, with my back to a wall, out of all diplomatic options and left with no resort other than to verbally attack back.
Of course I regret the situation, ever interacting with Cobr, or being in Skype Calls that were being recorded and I don`t have power to prevent the mid stream addition of 2 people with the express intent of harassing me.
But I do not regret anything in that video, other than what I did apologize to Fireblaster for, and to the larger non-sexual community that took my very directed at Cobr words personally. Actually, that apology was not only immediate and of my own volition, but in this very thread. Followed by my time spent repairing the damage to the non-sexual community, as I truly have not a discriminatory bone in my body and very much regretted the collateral damage.

I would obviously rather this not come up again, but I will respond if anyone has a problem with what I just said.
I totally deserve to be in this community, on this forum, and most certainly not to be considered "the worst kind of person."

Besides, he is totally normal when people don`t abuse/troll him like at apex
Thanks bud, slight edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
uh nice double post

but uh dont try to redirect this at cobr and the other guys

and yes you did say rascist things like spick which offend hispanic people like muah

but it doesnt even matter because you apologized and ****, seriously dont know why people are attacking stud after hes trying hard to just be a better person in general

Studstill

Smash Ace
What redirect? They are literally involved.

Words aren`t racist. People are racist. I didn`t say "Yo make me a burrito," or "wet back".
The '****' in there is long after I ran out of insulting words and my apology wasn`t for using it, but for it happening to be directed at an actually Hispanic person.
I`m sorry if that word offends you, but I wasn`t being racist.
Not really your fight to have though, as in my experience every other word out of your mouth is Tigger with an N.

I`m the same person I always was. I am not and have never been a "bad guy".

I do agree: I have no idea why @ Han Solo Han Solo took it upon himself to bring this awful incident back up.
Man it is ****ed up you guys think that is hilarious or harmless. I don`t know what world you live in where it makes more sense to think someone is crazy than legitimately enraged.

Edit: Oh, that`s why you spelled it 'spick'
Also, counting is fun, that`s a triple post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom