• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Maliki

Smash Ace
About to watch the new episode of korra wish me luck

Wasn't that bad thought it be better.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
"There's also the fact that the 64 meta consists entirely of zero to death combos while Sm4sh definitely does not"

this is why i forcefully lay my hand on my face when our beloved commentators go out of their way to say how in 64, unlike melee, a hit or a throw does lead to a death combo. "in melee a most of the time it's not, but in 64 it is", as if that is a compliment to 64 ("look how good you have to be not to die. in melee you can make some mistakes. 64 is srs bizz")

did you guys ever notice how even in falcon dittos that isn't true? even when the player misses, commentators fight immediate evidence and say "well this isn't how falcon is played. if this was boom, he'd be dead"

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I agree with this guy:

Gotta disagree with this. I'd say the defensiveness in each game is pretty non-linear. 64 is more defensive than Melee because the punish game is so strong (in addition to there being less mobility options/speed). Despite that, 64 is leagues more aggressive than Smash 4 and Smash 4 is slightly more aggressive than Brawl.
People are just gonna jump on you for that post. The players who actually have a brain already understand all of your points, so you're going to have all the brainless people annoy you and post stupid **** about 64 just like the gawd awful twitch chat.

edit:

ah yes. it wouldnt be a Karajan post without something like this:

Oh and Smash "4" is not the 4th smash game.
SSB64 had at least 3 unique versions each with mechanics and character changes. Competitevely (J) and (U) have very different metagames. These differences in mechanics and character changes are almost as game-changing as the differences between brawl and smash 4.
Melee has like 3 NA versions alone. Nobody cares about that kinda stuff.

almost as game-changing as the differences between brawl and smash 4? woeifansl;dknvaosien

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
@ mixa mixa @ Annex Annex @VVilde

i've gotta say

i'm loving the scenery avatars you guys are rocking

also

@Vale

did you die bro

come back i miss you<3

one more thing

@everyoneelse

lol i'm gonna destroy you all at apex

i truly believe that most of you will leave apex feeling personally victimized by regina george kero the great

yeah so train up **** muffins

i'm coming at you guys hard af

ps

i ****ed your mom

k

cashbah *******

Last edited:

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Probs gonna go to Apex for Smash 64, Smash 4, and pogeymanz, in that order

Got top 16 out of 357 people in the Philly pkmnz regional this weekend, so that is going alright

My Pac-Man in Smash 4 is gnarly af

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you were in philly this weekend and didn't play smash with anyone?

it's like i don't even know you

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I definitely would have tried to if my schedule wasn't so tight

but I guess it's still a red flag since I stayed with my friends in NJ

Shears

Smash Master
I'm not, but with the exception of the studstill-cobr war of 2014, things have been going surprisingly pleasant. We have proven anarchy to be a viable political ideology.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I get a error page saying the thread cannot be found
all my notifications about the thread have the link to it removed

if i click on the actual url link, it says i dont have permission to view the thread
wtf smashboards

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i usually dont get infracted if i write "cant edit on mobile" in the second post

Top Bottom