• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

mixa

Banned via Warnings
The inputs seem to be the same, but I am guessing that in that one you can't only pivot (dash turnaround), you have to follow up with a move.

Eh, it looks pretty similar. It looks just so Brawly I have trouble making the connection.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
i wonder if its possible to pivot into anything. everybody that has shown that pivot thing in smash 4 always ftilts/fsmashes. If there was low landing lag and a decent dash dance range, the game would be like 64 but with up/down throws, side b specials, airdod.... it would be reality 64

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...-turndashing-a-new-movement-technique.361665/

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is this really any different (minus small details) from pivot mechanics in 64?
looks similar to pivoting except from what i can tell you maintain your foreward momentum. so you wouldnt be able to pivot away from an enemy and then counter foreward. but it looks like you could run towards your enemy and then pivot quickly to approach facing backwards instead of forwards which is kinda cool i guess

tehz

Smash Apprentice
It looks like you have to initiate your full-dash before you can pivot, so it seems pretty limited. Plus, you can't DD to space into this faux-pivot. I like how hyped everyone is for a bastardized technique that was already in 2 out of 3 smash games, though.

Shears

Smash Master
Its kinda kero, the thought process is kero like but it doesn't have a bunch of animals or german teachers or not living up to expectations at smash tournaments. Also, wouldn't we be evolving into a gainer not a backflip? In the diagram above, the progression of the flip shows the persons body moving in a direction opposite of the rotation. He turns backwards, but moves forward, so we are evolving into gainers right?

Annex

Smash Ace
Also you can see the apes legs gradually becoming straighter as it becomes a human indicating that we should be looking forward to those trendy backwards knees you've been hearing about.

Shears

Smash Master
You would have reversible knees instead of backwards knees. They could go forward or backwards, with locking mechanisms to maintain stability and posture.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
neanderthals walked upright

and we didn't evolve from them either

we coexisted

***** needs to get his facts straight

kero doesn't make mistakes

6/kero

also

the evidence is overwhelming and i see now that humans are indeed heading towards a backflip

being that i am the backflip master i suppose i already am more evolved than the rest of us

it finally all makes sense

kero > human race

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Every now and then the fear of going blind comes to me and I start doing stuff with my eyes closed.
I thought this would be a good topic for conversation. What is y'all's biggest fear? Not necessarily something that could happen and you could bounce back from/realistic stuff (debt, special person dies, etc), but one thing that you really want to avoid at all costs.

For me, driving my car off a bridge and drowning is the most terrifying thing ever. I've been trapped in small spaces before, and although I'm not claustrophobic, I think I would die from a heart attack before actually drowning. I've actually practiced holding my breath for a long time just in case this happens lol

Vale

Smash Ace
maybe not the biggest fear, because i'm not actively scared about it, but the most common fear i have is needing to talk to people.

i'm pretty bad in social situations. i'll talk to people voluntarily some of the time, but sometimes when i need to talk to somebody (e.g. asking a question to understand [school]work, ordering food) i tense up and can't do it for some reason. it also doesn't happen 100% of the time, so i'm not sure if there's a secondary cause to it.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hanging out with friends and suddenly having to play melee.

Vale: I feel you bro. But only when I have to speak a foreign language. For me it's more going into a shop/restaurant. Like I can waste 10 minutes going back and forth in front of it before finally going in lol. This morning for example I went out at 10am to have breakfast and ate it one and a half hour later.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I remember when I moved to the US and started school. I'd never been so nervous before. I would literally come home everyday with bad breath for not opening my mouth during the whole day lol.

edit:
polar bears
This reminds me... I went out for a walk last week and I ran into three deer. They were just hanging out and then they started running towards me. ****ing deer

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
Killing people. ****'s scary.

FUN FACT: I have nightmares about that like once a week and I have to keep my nails really short because when I do I scratch the **** out of my face. The few times I've had a hangnail or something the night before I'll wake up looking like I tonguepunched the business end of a ****ing lawnmower.

also spiders and drowning

mixa

Banned via Warnings
That's interesting, Vale. To me, it's exactly when I ~need to talk to people that I am pert. I'm at ease when asking for directions, useful information from strangers, making business-y calls, calling the waiter, complaining about my-rights, all that stuff.

Wish I could speak in other languages IRL on a somewhat regular basis, mundane&bureaucratic things or not. Against all odds, I don't suffer from the fear of making a fool out of myself for saying the wrong words, or something like that. Not long ago I had to call Amazon for them to stop their bull****, it was very entertaining, haha.

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Not exactly terrified of fire but I tend to keep my distance from it. **** sucks getting burnt even a bit. Other than that I'm not too sure.

Annex

Smash Ace
This reminds me... I went out for a walk last week and I ran into three deer. They were just hanging out and then they started running towards me. ****ing deer
Deer are the only animals that seem to have no soul whatsoever.
They're like suicidal flesh robots, and their only apparent goals are to die at your hand and create children to grow up and do the same.
It's like your reaction to their existence is a test of your humanity.
They're ****ed up.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Deer are the only animals that seem to have no soul whatsoever.
They're like suicidal flesh robots, and their only apparent goals are to die at your hand and create children to grow up and do the same.
It's like your reaction to their existence is a test of your humanity.
They're ****ed up.
Yeah I don't get it. They're just dumb as ****. Jesus

I ran behind some trees on a hill and they left me alone, but my mind went completely blank. I swear I thought they were gonna **** me up

Sangoku

Smash Master
Against all odds, I don't suffer from the fear of making a fool out of myself for saying the wrong words, or something like that.
I'm the exact opposite, to a point where it's getting really troublesome. It's more a fear of mispronouncing or stuttering (is that the word?). It tends to get better with Chinese because I really force myself to make an effort at speaking when I'm in China, but not with English. And now that I'm in South Korea, I could say 안녕하세요 or 감사합니다, but I just don't dare. Man I suck.

Top Bottom