• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
aww I like killer a lot more after that

and who's revan he's adorable

Sangoku

Smash Master
I slept 4 hours because I was watching the stream and still missed pools 3 and for almost completely T_T. I'm happy top 8 is so early, that way I can watch it fully.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Top 8 being so early sucks. I have to get up early just to get a good seat. And smashers are in my room so I can't fall asleep. The struggles of Apex.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well, way to schedule it so early in the day. I'm not getting up at 7am during my break to barely watch the finals.

Shears

Smash Master

TANK64

Smash Lord
So like Seminoles won the national championship.
I think 6 (or 7?) Orlando players make bracket for Melee (Including Wizzy)
And Hbox and ColBol make top 5 for Melee.
Aaaand Wizzy gets top 5 for 64.

Not bad 2014... not bad.

#FL

Shears

Smash Master
OH. I almost forgot. Me and her were catching up and i told her i was going home this weekend for a huge international SSB tourney. I said i was trying to make top 8 (yeah that's right, top 8 mother ****ers, jaime's gonna feel that Koroshiyo NY wrath) and she asked if i was famous lol.
I guess Kero blew his chances with his German teacher.

10nottop8chars

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Ok so what the actual ****.

These death-defying alpine ibexes in Italy’s Gran Paradiso National Park climb on the dam in order to lick the salt and minerals from the bricks, according to park officials.

More info and videos: http://bit.ly/1hexh1U

If this isn't the dopest **** you've seen all day than idk what to say.

Sedda

Smash Champion
sooo where the **** did alancitu go now?

also, happy 15th birthday, smash. we love you

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Kero I was a little disappointed you didn't randomly whip out animal pictures and start talking about them irl

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Despite me being KeroKeroppi the Great: God of the Universe and Protector of the Innocent on smashboards, I'm actually (kind of) a pretty normal person in real life.

ANYWAY.

How are you guys at the other smash games?

SSB definitely does not come naturally to me. I'm OK at melee. And by OK i mean that for someone who's probably played the game less than 5 times in the last ten years, i surprise myself with how well i adapt. I would still get last place at any real tournament and i can't beat a lvl 9, but i at least have potential lol.

On the flip side, i am SO ****ing trash at Brawl. My school has tournaments like once a month and i enter for ****s and gigs/to support cesar. You'd think i would do kind of well, ya know? Based on like some mind game aspects from 64 transferring over or something but NOPE. I do SOOOOO bad lol.

Like i literally go 0-2 every single time. And i lose BADLY. Like i get 3 stocked by girls who main Bowser lololol.

And these kids are not even good either, like at all. Cesar wins every tournaments and usually 3 stock his opponent in GF each time.

Sucking someone up with Kirby and walking off the ledge is a completely viable and successful strategy at these tournaments. They think Ganondorf is the best character in the game and laughed hysterically when they found out meta knight was good.

Anyway, there's a tourney this weekend.

I was gonna do what i usually do- go fox (the only character whose moves i actually know lol) and **** around because i don't like brawl and some dumb local at my school doesn't concern me.

But than i realized, you know what else doesn't concern me? The opinions of the punk ass peasant n00bs who attend these tournaments.

I have decided to enter as MK and run away from my opponent the entire game. If someone manages to get in, i'll use neutral b.

They don't play with a timer and the TO doesn't watch the games. If i'm lucky people will make complaints about my play style and i'll get into an argument with the TO or something.

SHOULD BE FUN.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
The Brawl tournaments at our school are literally ridiculous. In fact, I don't even think it's worth considering these local events as tournaments, as you can tell from Kero's post. Of all the players that usually enter, only two people (and perhaps another person), including Kero, has some understanding of the Brawl metagame and mechanics. The other person is the only one that can come close to taking a game off me, let alone eliminating me from the tournaments; it's easy winning these events.

Nevertheless, I don't take Brawl seriously anymore, all thanks to Kero for bringing me into the 64 scene. I only enter these Brawl tournaments now because I'm still decently skilled enough to win them easily, and I guess I can use the prize money to purchase necessary school supplies. And, I guess, because my other friend takes Brawl seriously, I enter to make it more worthwhile for him.

Anyway, should be fun (or not).

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Sometimes to make the tournament more "fair" or to go by faster, they do free for all tournaments and have the top two players of each game advance. When i confronted the TO about that, he told me that i didn't know what i was talking.

They stop doing double elimination at like winners semis or something, when i confronted the TO about that, he told me i didn't know what i was talking about.

The tourneys are character lock and battlefield only, when i confronted the TO about that, he told me i didn't know what i was talking about.

You can't enter the tournaments with a gamer tag, when i confronted the TO about that, well, you get the picture.

It's like ****ing Nazi Germany at these god damn tournaments. It's awful.

Me and the TO got into a bit of a confrontation when he wouldn't let me enter as The Great Saiyaman last year. We've been enemies ever since.

The tournaments are also, best of 1, not seeded, and played on flat screens. It's not even worth bringing those things up IMO.

There's GOOD news though, by some divine twist of fate they actually don't use items. Thank the Lord.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes to make the tournament more "fair" or to go by faster, they do free for all tournaments and have the top two players of each game advance. When i confronted the TO about that, he told me that i didn't know what i was talking.

They stop doing double elimination at like winners semis or something, when i confronted the TO about that, he told me i didn't know what i was talking about.

The tourneys are character lock and battlefield only, when i confronted the TO about that, he told me i didn't know what i was talking about.

You can't enter the tournaments with a gamer tag, when i confronted the TO about that, well, you get the picture.

It's like ****ing Nazi Germany at these god damn tournaments. It's awful.

Me and the TO got into a bit of a confrontation when he wouldn't let me enter as The Great Saiyaman last year. We've been enemies ever since.

The tournaments are also, best of 1, not seeded, and played on flat screens. It's not even worth bringing those things up IMO.

There's GOOD news though, by some divine twist of fate they actually don't use items. Thank the Lord.
Roflolol. I once played a tournament that was advertised at my university's student building game lounge. When I got there, they said the rules were ALL ITEMS random stage where top 2 = win, bottom 2 = loss free for all matches go on. Two losses = eliminated. I picked kirby and uptilted and spiked people half-assedly, then I pwned my nub opponent on the 1v1 final with the puff.

EDIT: They advertised grand prize as "big prize," but it was a free choice from a collection of xbox 360 and PS3 games. I don't have either console...

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
EDIT: They advertised grand prize as "big prize," but it was a free choice from a collection of xbox 360 and PS3 games. I don't have either console...
the reward for winning a nintendo game tourny is a choice of xbox or ps3 game? what the **** are these ****** ******** or something?

Vale

Smash Ace
Despite me being KeroKeroppi the Great: God of the Universe and Protector of the Innocent on smashboards, I'm actually (kind of) a pretty normal person in real life.

ANYWAY.

How are you guys at the other smash games?
I'm pretty bad at all of the games and don't have anyone to practice against. I've ever only not gotten 0-2'd in Melee/P:M, but I haven't actually even been able to get out to a N64 tourney before so idk. I enjoy playing Brawl but that might just be because I like when my friends get mad that Pikachu can fire so many thunderjolts in so little time.

Top Bottom