• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
sangoku you dont get to do the non-sequitur 'i just watched A MOVIE. it was a movie' post until you are actually isai
What does "non-sequitur" mean? Also I didn't say "I just watched a drama, it was a drama". I gave a title and I gave my feeling, what else do you need? :(

I love macarons as well. Ladurée, coming frozen from Paris.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
never had those. i'm prejudiced against food that comes in a hundred colors

rofl the frown face looks terrible

I was buying Lindt the other day, and that is probably the most popular brand of decent chocolate here. is that also true in where you live, Sangoku? I have this feeling that something which is popular in another country, won't be as popular in the country where it came from

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
non-sequitur means 'out of nowhere', 'unrelated to what just transgressed'

you know what else pisses me off? adding 'foam' to food, what even is that? tastes like an excuse to use less sauce

Sangoku

Smash Master
I thought the point of the social thread was to talk about stuff out of nowhere :(. Thanks for the explanation btw.

mixa: it's a pretty famous brand here as well. Although traditional chocolates from chocolateries are always better, Lindt chocolates are pretty good.

OMG edit silently too good.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
so what's a quickedit?

and green mods > red mods. good choice, Sangoku

I just realized this year I didn't watch any movies or anime
what hell am I doing with my life

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
so what's a quickedit?
Back in the day, if you edited a post within a minute of posting it, it wouldn't say "last edited by". You know, so if you notice a typo or something as your post appears, you can quickly fix it, and boom, it still looks nice and neat without that "last edited by" thing (which was a very noticeable, ugly blemish upon your post on Old Smasboards)

Then one day they suddenly changed it so that any edit will cause the "last edited by" message to appear, no matter how soon. I'm not exaggerating when I say that people raged for months.

EDIT: I guess they went back to that?

Wait I'm editing it more than a minute later and I'm still not getting it. But mixa has the edit mark up on his post, which was 30 minutes later for him. Dunno what what the boundary is.

Oh it appeared now. I guess it's 5 minutes.

Wait a minute WHAT THE ACTUAL ****. Why do I have a "premium" tag? I have never bought that ever. But OK. LOL

I don't know why Smashboards is so zoomed in now. If you zoom out with control + scroll wheel down once, it actually looks normal.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
aa's post made it seem like the current edit is different than the quickedit. maybe if you keep editing within a time frame, you'll never the last edited.

star king lime green, and sangoku went back to being a red mod. at least now the red isn't terrible like last time

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Highlight from smashfest today:

After I pulled several 0 to deaths on bloodpeach's Yoshi on DL, bloodpeach said: "Yeah, Fox is TERRIBLE on Dreamland."

SSBPete

Smash Lord
posting from robs basement

I had an awesome day, it was great meeting everyone. I got some really close sets in with everyone but ended up 0 aus - 5 America in our 'serious' games. But to be fair everyone cheated by using DI. I figured out every American gets up from ledge and shields giving yoshi a free grab every time. I might have accidently spilt some Aussie meta secrets such as 'you hold I smash' so now we have absolutely no hope of beating them.

Anyway thanks everyone for an amazing smash fest, can't wait to play some more sets at apex

And especially thanks to Rob for picking me up and letting me crash

The Star King

Smash Hero
So did the stream Rob promise never happen, or did I just miss it?

And why does JERKBOARDS keep logging me out when I check "stay logged in"??

[6:25:16 AM] Star King: Unreal is pretty much the scum of the earth
[6:26:07 AM] blood☠peach: in the magic school bus they say that scum contains microorganisms that are a vital part of the earths ecosystem
[6:26:18 AM] blood☠peach: i dont think the same can be said for unreal

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Whenever I do a search on smashboards, I never find what I want -- in this case, how many jump animation frames before each character goes into the air
but I always find something amusing -- Battlecow's gratuitous "lol australia" and aa responding "You annoy me. I don't care who you are, nor do I care that you're probably right in belief, but that was unneccesary."

Sangoku

Smash Master
Whenever I do a search on smashboards, I never find what I want -- in this case, how many jump animation frames before each character goes into the air
but I always find something amusing -- Battlecow's gratuitous "lol australia" and aa responding "You annoy me. I don't care who you are, nor do I care that you're probably right in belief, but that was unneccesary."
Lol I feel you, it always happens to me. Last funny thing I found was this.

fdxsbdfbdfbdfbfdbdf
htredyfbvrehgfdxcbybdfvc
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Holy ****. I laughed way too hard at this.

10/10

--

I had a dream that Fire-kun joined the Skype group again. He was happy and cheerful, and for once, someone asked him to play. He was so delighted.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Woah hello new smashboards.

Had some really fun games last night! It was a pleasure meeting and playing with you, Pete! I can't wait for vids!

Lol jk. I already watched the vids.

But seriously, last night was super fun.

Bad news:

KeroKeroppi vs Pete and Sensei vs Pete don't have audio.

Good news:

I just had some really tasty fried shrimp.

Neutral news: I'm currently wearing a blue shirt.

That's all folks!

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I don't get that comic at all. I laughed because by the time I started reading the boards bcow had already commentated apex 13 so I knew his looks, making that aussie account funny in itself.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
one of my fav comic artist guy is from norway. I'd say he's funny, though sometimes you're not sure if something is a joke or not.

but he doesn't even write in norwegian, he does in french, which makes sense since sangoku has the highest rate of misunderstood jokes

this is very seinfeld, though: http://i.imgur.com/PdEpuK0.png

and i'm gonna stop here cause i don't know where this is going

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
since sangoku has the highest rate of misunderstood jokes
Lol that's what I like about my jokes. And yeah this comic wasn't really funny. Or there is some things I haven't understood. Do you understand French easily by the way?

Back on "The Heirs" topic: they were shamelessly advertising the Galaxy Note 3 during the whole drama and I was dumb enough to get influenced and I bought one.

Olikus

Smash Champion
if we're to go by you, norwegians dont actually know what humour is

i expect you to win apex btw
Well you and clubba laugh at me all the time, so I must be doing something right. >=)

one of my fav comic artist guy is from norway. I'd say he's funny, though sometimes you're not sure if something is a joke or not.

but he doesn't even write in norwegian, he does in french, which makes sense since sangoku has the highest rate of misunderstood jokes

this is very seinfeld, though: http://i.imgur.com/PdEpuK0.png

and i'm gonna stop here cause i don't know where this is going
Ah yeah jason. He's funny.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think I'm comin back to the boards cuz I'm excited to watch apex sets

what did I miss guyz

Also I love all of you and I never wanna leave again it's a cold hard world out there

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Lol that's what I like about my jokes. And yeah this comic wasn't really funny. Or there is some things I haven't understood. Do you understand French easily by the way?
I know. And the more people don't get them, the funnier they become.

No, but I'll get better at it.

Top Bottom