• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
A fox and a shine.

Star King: I hesitated with uair because of DK's placement which I wasn't sure would be that good. And yeah uair seamed more wrong because of Ness.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Well its at least a good thing Star King made the list. If someone else made it, Star King would post his answer after the results came up, and claim he knew it all along.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
**** you, rob, fine. My tier list isn't funny and i was actually laughing with tommy today about how ****ed up your tier list is so HA.

A)
Falcon
Pika
Kirby

B)
Fox
Yoshi
Mario

C)
Puff
DK
Samus

D)
Luigi
Link
Ness

Out of the norm ****:

FALCON BEING FIRST-

With exception to Kirby on congo, falcon has a better match up vs every character on every legal stage.

Falcon vs Pika

First off, pika can't approach falcon. If he does, falcon pivot backs and combos pika to death. If you read the pivot back, doest matter. Falcon's pivot is faster than pika's run. You're still gonna get grabbed and combo'd to death. So let's assume both players are playing equally in terms of who's approaching and who's playing more defensively and what not. In a spacing battle, falcon can get the hit first vs pika 9/10. Why? Primarily because falcon is so much faster than pika. Let's assume falcon is on the ground approaching with throws, upsmashes, and single hit fairs. (As he should, if falcon is approaching with back airs and double it fairs and **** like that, the match up is being played wrong and obviously pika would win.) If pika is on the ground. Falcon is going to win the grab-battle because he's so much faster. Pika pivoting back won't do anything because, again, falcon is too fast. If pika is spacing with arial attacks. Falcon just has the wait for pika to land and then grab. Again, if pika get's reckless and approaches falcon, lol pivot back usmash/grab > combo> gg.

In terms of edge guarding, pika can't legitimately start edge guarding falcon until falcon has like 50% If you think that pika can f throw falcon off the ledge and then falling nair, sorry, that **** rarely works. It is very situation and doesn't work at anything less than like 23% Let's say falcon is doing his b up close to the ledge. Pika nairs it, pika is going to get doug hugged due to n air hit box. Pika goes in for a back air, back air takes too long, pika is getting doug hugged. Pika goes in for a down air, the hit box is bad and falcon will get the doug hug or reverse ledge DI (pika dair is incredibly easy to reverse ledge). Pika goes for an ftilt, falcon DI's and does another b up to gets the hug. Pika f smashes, the attack takes too long, pika is getting hugged.

Falcon vs Kriby

Again, kirby cannot approach falcon. Pivot back>grab> combo> gg. If the combo doesn't kill, kirbys recovery his hilariously bad vs falcon. Kirby is high? lol full hop back air. Kirby's around the same height as the stage? lol short hop bair, f tilt, f smash, u tilt, neutral air, or dow air. Kirby is low? Lol down air or d tilt gg.

This match up is falcons favor primarily because of this: a good falcon will get around an up tilting kirby with single hit fair 9/10.
Even If falcon get's caught in the up tilt combo in the middle of stage, it won't kill. If falcon get's caught in the up tilt combo around the sides, the platforms will interrupt and the combo will stop.

This match up is pretty simple, kirby doesn't do much but up tilt. If kirby starts doing back airs or neutral airs and ****, falcon comes in with an up smash GG.

Falcon vs Mario

IDK why people even think this is marios favor. uh i'm not gonna really going into detail with this one but, falcon goes around the fireballs and does an upsmash>combo. The combo won't kill but mario will be far enough to edge hog, when mario lands on the stage, come up and pop him up with a dair lol gg mario.

Falcon vs puff

Uh again IDK why people think this is in puffs favor. Falcon back air ***** puff and puff's recovery is horrible against falcon. not going in to detail.

Falcon vs Fox

Chill on the top platform, fast fall arial on lasering fox, zero to death, gg.
Simple match up, if falcon plays patient it's easy to win. lol get rekt fox.

All this **** applies on congo (except kirby, kirby wins imo). Falcon is hindered by the lack of ledge DI but the platforms significantly help him finish combos and recover.

On Peaches, good luck getting falcon off the ledge at low damages, further more, good luck edge guarding falcon at low damages, **** is like impossible without getting hugged.

If falcon is on the bottom part of peaches, and the opponent is on the top, gg. falcon is too good from below.

All of falcons combos still work and are usually better on peaches. Most of the other characters lose a lot of their combing ability on this stage.

LINK > NESS -

Both characters are totally ****ed if they get grabbed by top tier or u tilt combod by kirby. The difference is ness is ****ed if he gets grabbed by any character any where on DL. Link can recover vs mid and low tiers on DL until like 50% Like have you seen luigi try to edge guard link at zero? **** is not happening. It's the same with a lot of characters. If ness even get's hit off the stage by any attack, he's dead 99% of the time.

SAMUS NOT BOTTOM TIER

I think a lot of people agree with this one. Samus has an incredible recovery and a great back air and down air. Fair and panic b up are usually good. overall samus isn't that bad. Not going into detail.

-
-
-

This post was a lot ****ing longer than i had originally intended it to be. Lol sorry.

this is literally the worst post ive ever read

you know pika can rising uair as he lands to stop falcon from simply pivoting and grabbing him. also kirby has a move that involves holding up and tapping A simultaneously and it pretty much negates falcons grab

it sounds like youre playing against lvl 9 cpus and making judgments based on that, unless youre trolling, in which case i severely hope you are

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
you know pika can rising uair as he lands to stop falcon from simply pivoting and grabbing him.
Chipping away with +/- 10 % (i have no idea how much damage pika u air does) is nothing compared to getting hit with any of falcons attacks that always lead to a grab that almost always lead to stock

also kirby has a move that involves holding up and tapping A simultaneously and it pretty much negates falcons grab
If a falcon player is approaching kirby with grab he's playing the match up wrong. See my points about falcon one hit f air.

it sounds like youre playing against lvl 9 cpus and making judgments based on that, unless youre trolling, in which case i severely hope you are

Not trolling. I live with a very campy and efficient falcon that has the best DI i've ever seen lol.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Chipping away with +/- 10 % (i have no idea how much damage pika u air does) is nothing compared to getting hit with any of falcons attacks that always lead to a grab that almost always lead to stock

If a falcon player is approaching kirby with grab he's playing the match up wrong. See my points about falcon one hit f air.

Not trolling. I live with a very campy and efficient falcon that has the best DI i've ever seen lol.

maybe your pika & kirby need some work ;)

are you two coming to apex?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Aha yeah. There's always room for improvement. Falcon's my kryptonite but i'm working really hard on the match up, don't worry. :p

And yeah we'll be at Apex. You're 100% confirmed, right?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
yupp! im in usa as we speak!

nothing to worry about, my falcon is trash. well, to be perfectly honest, my everything is pretty trash. slightly less my yoshi though, so be prepared >=D

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wonder since when Falcon fair beats Kirby's utilt. I must have missed the new balance patch Nintendo made. Hit me up with a download link, Kero.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Man this new setup on smashboards is ****ing psycadellic. Everythng blends into each other. jesus....

Vale

Smash Ace
theychangeditnowitsucks

I have four blank notifications and I don't know what threads they're for. Other than that, I think it is fine.

EDIT: We don't have the pictures of our mains or our friend codes in the side anymore. 0/10

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
is kerokerropi an actual person or just some twisted in-joke gimmick account

this is important

Vale

Smash Ace
board theme tier list
kirby utilt tier: dark
fox shine tier: ruby
samus jab tier: neo blue

asianaussie

Smash Hero
everything is so ****ing square now

also, while i was looking for my objectively bad post (because ego) i found this on the same page

i knoww. i see where your coming from. i like anime too. it just seems over the top to flip on someone who doesent..?
i think im done with this topic

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
good/should've been there since day 1:

avatars no longer square (huge vertical ones incoming)
can edit through edit button directly on firefox
huge quotes finally get collapsed

bad:

can't hide user info
can't do tables
can't avoid like bar
can't neoblue
post font is stupid huge and stupid compared to rest.

edit: quotes look terribly square. it's exactly like the like bar, wtf

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so i decided to check all the skins

dark is acceptable, it's not neo blue but it's ok i guess
ruby's choice of red sears my eyes
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT CHECK THE DEFAULT UI.X UGH

alerts are really hard to see as well

Top Bottom