• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
also, are there any NYC smashfests?

Its only a trainride away, and i heard the smash scene there is pretty strong

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I got top 32 in pokemon vgc nationals #virgin out of like 330 people or something

many of the people there clearly didn't shower or use deodorant so it smelled like ****

every time I had to check my swiss pairings I wasn't sure that I could make it to the next match

scary stuff

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
i've been in a couple gaming communities and smash 64 is the most welcoming i've seen so far, at least to people like me that have a real drive to get better (see: hooded informant lol). Props to you guys.

Sedda

Smash Champion
God DAMNIT NINTENDO WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was so close to buying a 3DS, too. I'm done guys. I'm gonna go play Marvel

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Who cares? Melee sucks

Melee sucks but the fans donated to cancer research in the name of melee/nintendo. These tournaments also serve the purpose of gathering interest from many people towards the games being hosted, so not only is it a **** move to the fans, but it is also a downright idiotic move economically.

"We want to cater both casual and hardcore with smash 4" - nintendo

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Melee sucks but the fans donated to cancer research in the name of melee/nintendo. These tournaments also serve the purpose of gathering interest from many people towards the games being hosted, so not only is it a **** move to the fans, but it is also a downright idiotic move economically.

"We want to cater both casual and hardcore with smash 4" - nintendo

Nintendo deserves awards for trolling that hard

prisonchild

Smash Ace
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jungle-Gree...ansion-Pack-/271204442084?hash=item3f250b5fe4

I don't want one of these controllers... I NEED one of them. They're beautiful.

Blinding your opponent with bright controllers. Endless possibilities!
not even lying, my friend got two of those controllers in MINT condition plus a system for 50 bucks... sold the system for like 25 so he got two perfect condition rare controllers for 25 bucks...

he literally won't let me use either controller, and he refuses to even take one of them out of the box.

and here I am using grey controllers with mediocre joysticks :|

Sedda

Smash Champion
not even lying, my friend got two of those controllers in MINT condition plus a system for 50 bucks... sold the system for like 25 so he got two perfect condition rare controllers for 25 bucks...

he literally won't let me use either controller, and he refuses to even take one of them out of the box.

He sounds like the luckiest Nintendo 64 fan ever. I'm gonna be hunting for one during the coming months.

malva00

Smash Master
I have a question about KnitePhox's dazzle setup. Does one RCA Y Splitter connect both white cables from the TV/N64, and the same for the red and yellow cables?

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace

go to tournys and get it signed by cool kids. imma try and do that with my online controller :]

Vale

Smash Ace
so after lurking this section for about a week i see a bunch of talk about how important controllers are and i'm just sitting here with the one i've used since 2000. how bad could it be? :drshrug:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Try out a controller with a new joystick or in mint condition and you'll see how bad it can be haha. Pretty bad

Top Bottom