• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

mixa

Banned via Warnings
someone said we shouldn't assume TAS before being proven otherwise because that would be ****ty from our community.

lol
I say we shouldn't drop guidelines on how to react to stuff.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Mixa, who talked about guidelines? I just said that someone pointed out that it is disrespectful to assume someone cheats instead of the opposite.

I played a guy named " えるふ@初心者". Very good Samus, I first asked his name, he said "UMISHO". Then I asked if he played Jousuke and he said "No, I am Jousuke". Dunno if it was really him, but he told me several times that he was Jousuke. I wanted to record to show you guys how he pwned my 5-frames self, but he didn't want to.

Is anyone familiar with his gameplay? Does he taunt after almost every kill?

Anyway, Jousuke or not, his Samus was really something. The weakness I saw was relying too much on UpB, which is perfectly fine in J (I escaped like twice), but wouldn't work at all in U.

Edit: LOL he called me beginner. I really am so bad haha. They use this "name@name of the opponent" format after a crash, so that other people don't join.

Battlecow

Play to Win
no emmi's definitely not TAS they're console vids

I just don't think you can get that good from scratch without anyone playing or hearing about you

it'd be like if kero came into the community being as good as he is today

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I'm sure you do cool combos but not this rad one. Feel free to prove me wrong.
just to make sure, you're referring to 2% uair, 2% uair, 2% uair, utilt, bair bair usmash...right?

am i too desensitized because i don't find that to be something totally wicked (or "rad" to stay in line with surfer kefit's lingo)? i've seen a lot of 2% uair things and i don't play fox but i found them fairly simple to do. what was impressive was his following of the di. falling bairs to usmash doesn't seem like it's that awe inspiring.

shrug.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
Battlecow's guide to SSB64 trolling:
1. Get good
2. Make an alt
3. Post combo videos without fanfare for 6 months
4. Join smashboards; be nice
5. ???

#TeamEmmi

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sangoku I really don't think you can comprehend how jealous I am that you can get 4-5 frames on Japanese servers.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The japanese smash stuff is cool

I hear five frames and go meh tho

I mean Isai plays with them on 6 p2p right?

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
I swear I once played a random Japanese dude at 4-5 frames a few years ago, but I might be misremembering something. I dunno.

Emmi

Smash Rookie
hehe, i used to play my brother alot on the nintendo, but to play with friends i play on the computer :)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah it is not that great. We'd probably get 3-4 frames on p2p, but nobody would want to play at higher delay with a random noob. I'm still kind of happy since it's not like I came to Taiwan to play smash (would have gone to Japan directly lol), so I didn't even expect to be able to play them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tambor showed me the basics. I can do the same to you if you want. But all you need is patience and/or good knowledge of the game, which I don't have. That's why I don't make TAS combos/matches.
Sure. I'd be grateful. I'm not necessarily even gonna make TAS matches/combos (though I might make a few), I just want to TAS to LEARN stuff maybe and potentially help people if they have questions.z

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
two things: first, a cpu fox just pulled off a fair laser usmash combo a la han solo on me on a dl platform. it was ****ing outrageous and i hate fox even more now for this travesty.

secondly, apparently if you usmash a thundering pika as falcon, you will get hit by the the thunderbolt, despite being well below the platform. i know that the usmash's hitbox will obviously catch anything standing above it but it's disjointed enough that it doesn't seem like thunder should connect. any ideas? and no, the blue electric thing didn't appear around pika.

Sangoku

Smash Master
hehe, i used to play my brother alot on the nintendo, but to play with friends i play on the computer :)
Can you host p2p? I wonder what I get with Australia from here...

Star King, pmed you.

cobr: have you looked at the hitbox GIF of Falcon's usmash to see if the hurtbox raises? A lot of moves don't make sense below platforms. Like Fox's utilt hits a shield...

edit: yeah cobr, look at the GIF, you'll see how he extends his hurtbox. Even though the hitbox covers it, pika's thunder doesn't clank (you meant the non-aura hitbox right?) so that might be it.

Emmi

Smash Rookie
yup i can, i think a long time ago i played someone in new york through p2p and I could get 5 frames, that was pretty cool :D

Emmi

Smash Rookie
haha so fun, you're really good!! pity we can't play at a lower frames :(

asianaussie

Smash Hero
see, im not 100% convinced emmi isnt rom (esp since i have never seen both emmi and rom actually active at the same time) but im willing to give her the benefit of the doubt

Emmi

Smash Rookie
>........< why does everyone think i am rom!! i used to play him alot, we are not the same person!!! ~.~

B Link

Smash Lord
battlecow said:
no emmi's definitely not TAS they're console vids
???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf2KrKG1NBA

The key clicky sounds here match up perfectly with the action on screen. You can't really fake that. No reason to think this - or any of Emmi's other combos, by extension - is TAS.
Yeah, I am aware of this. But she should do that on all her videos. If someone didn't see the vid you linked and watched one of her other videos first, they might be skeptical and give it less credit. Easy solution = record on console (unless you lack recording stuff). Hard solution = include sound recording on every video.

Kefit said:
The key clicky sounds
And she uses hori not keyboard I think.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
She uses a monitor and a controller of some sort? Well that's tool assisted if I've ever seen it.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Survival guide for Japanese online:

Servers: 114.190.225.24:27888 (main) and kaillera.lxxl.us:27888

good evening: こんばんは

something you need to say before playing: よろしくおねがいします

last one: 次ラストでお願いします
ggs: ありがとうございました
またよろしくおねがいします

ds: ずれました

A nice player told me this because he thought people won't play me because I speak English.

Top Bottom