• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

kys

Smash Ace
^That's right.

We get like a week in winter, a week in spring and 2 1/2 months for summer.
That's not bad. The public schools in Florida are ridiculous. I know some teachers down here and their first day of school is August 6th. Granted, they got out before Memorial Day, but August 6th? **** is still summer.

The other day I wanted to ask how the hori was going for you? I noticed when we played teams you seemed to be about 80-85ish% of what you were on keyboard. ****, but not as **** as you were on kb. Just curious on your take.

Any Game of Thrones fans here? I got into the books when I heard the series was going to TV, and I've been taking the books slowly, reading ahead to where I think the next episode will end. I've been pretty impressed so far and I'm looking forward to watching the finale soon. Any thoughts?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Hori is going okay I guess. I've been super lazy with the offline practice, but just playing games online has improved me a bit. If I sat down and did some training mode/vs CPUs it would probably go faster though.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah I have a chess set

It's pretty fun. I'd recommend playing it if you haven't before

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I have a hand. Useful for... a variety of things. I'll leave it at that.

Games like Chess or Go make me rage

I'm always doing really well until I don't focus for like one turn WHOOPS I LOST MY QUEEN LOL I WAS GOING EVEN BUT NOT ANYMORE

I'm good enough to do well for most of the game, but I always do those one or two big mistakes

P.S. By rage I mean laugh hysterically at my stupidity. Maybe I should learn to be serious for once

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
you're both terrible people.

i understand that feel star king, you completely lose all motivation to continue playing after you make that mistake too

also the new wii u controller for anyone interested:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't lose motivation, I get SALTY and demand a REMATCH (or try to come back by going ULTRA MODE). But Chess/Go take too long so usually they don't want it.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Too much sodium might be unhealthy and result in hypertension or other health issues.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I've tried the makopad. Not something I'd...use. It's useable unlike most 3rd party controllers though.

Wii-U controller looks like a clunk master xbox controller.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@kys yea I watch the show. I don't read the books at all, but my friend picked up the books and promptly stopped watching the show all together lol. Gonna watch todays ep later tonight.

@star king, just play speed chess. way more fun imo.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Books were good but not great, show's mediocre IMO. That's not OBJECTIVE, though, I can see the arguments people make for the books being fantastic and the show being awesome.

I used to be pretty good at chess when I was on my STATE-WINNING SCHOOL TEAM and putting in the HOURS on CHESS.COM

*smokes regretful cigarette*

I peaked in high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM&ob=av2e

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow acknowledging that his tastes aren't objective? *gasp*

I was good at Chess in Elementary School relative to other people that age apparently but nobody cares

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i go on chess.com a fair amount these days. I still suck because I don't wanna memorize any openings. The only things I'm interested in learning are traps lol. Playing blitz games is fun though.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
you're both terrible people.

i understand that feel star king, you completely lose all motivation to continue playing after you make that mistake too

also the new wii u controller for anyone interested:

How the **** am i supposed to use this, holy **** the button placement looks so uncomfortable why the **** would the right stick be horizontal to the left stick like god that's just uncomfortable and **** and why the **** go with the xbox design i like the xbox design as the xbox design but jesus nintendo this doesn't make any sense did you make this controller for aliens i think you ****ing did because trying to use this will be like trying to use those clunky *** madcatz controllers that are ****ed up congratulations nintendo you are now the equilvalent of madcatz please ****ing change your design and go with something more identitcal like the gamecube controller because it's ****ing perfect

****\

What the hell was nintendo thinking trying to ****ing put a dpad next to the main buttons but shaping the controller like an xbox, you realize how ****ing uncomfortable and awkward that's going to be right like with a shape like that you'll basically have you stretch your thumbs to use the d-pad + main buttons together and it's going to like a ***** because this ****er looks huge oh my god i am autisming so hard about this it's just so bad why the **** would nintendo do this i'm going to kill someone

i'm still ****ing mad and i can't get over this design did nintendo just get together and **** on a desk and say 'yes this is our new controller' and then glitter with xbox's design trying to pretend they're innovating something, i ****ing swear i thought the wii-u HUEG controller looked bad but **** man this is just awful awful awful oh my ****ing god **** **** **** **** ****

**** nintendo
**** you
**** everything

Olikus

Smash Champion
I lose to my little brother in chess. But again he is good in chess. So Im not to bad in chess.

I like saying chess aperantly. And I cant spell aperuanthyluiy. yey.

TANK64

Smash Lord
The MakoPad is cool. So comfortable, but the buttons are different spaced and bigger than a regular 64 controller (You can't tell in the picture). It used to be the only thing I would play with, but it might be weird to get used to and those type of joysticks just die randomly :/

WiiU controller looks cool.

+1 Rep Taco.

for the record, i never lost motivation

i threw it away, of my own accord
lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
Am I the only for whom the first thing that popped into his mind when he saw that button layout is the DS, not Xbox

Looks OK wut @ rage

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
it doesn't look that bad, but it does look bad for smash or other high APM games

it's gotta get mad uncomfortable to have your thumb down there

but shooters and stuff could be cool

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
it actually does look bad

the button placement is not good at all for smash

being able to slide your finger like a windshield wiper between the attack and jump buttons is the best setup you can get. having to bend at the knuckle or move your entire hand up and down does not look comfortable or efficient at all

hopefully they'll make the buttons re-mappable

but probably not

also, i foresee a lot of accidental menu/power button presses

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm assuming you use the X button in Melee? Many people, myself included, use the Y button with no problem - "having to bend at the knuckle" is really no issue.

Eh they'll probably implement the "you have to hold the power/menu button for a moment" thing they've been doing, to avoid accidental taps of those buttons.

Edit: Come to think of it I don't bend my knuckle in Melee, I have the tip of my thumb on Y and the middle of my thumb on A. This can be done with that controller (I do it on the DS, which has the same button layout, for games like New Super Mario Bros) with X + A or Y + B, and TBH I think this is actually better than button sliding.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I neither slid nor bended though. Simultaneous button coverage is the way to go :awesome:

And yeah also the Gamecube controller was built to be ergonomically correct, and of course the analog stick is incredible. I didn't like how the L/R triggers felt though.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
if they solve the power/start button placement and MAKE SURE THESE BUTTONS ARE NOT SKITTLES (xbox360 style; **** SKITTLES.), i will approve. flat buttons all day

SSBPete

Smash Lord
And yeah also the Gamecube controller was built to be ergonomically correct, and of course the analog stick is incredible. I didn't like how the L/R triggers felt though.
i hate the L/R on gc controllers, they have a meter of give!

in terms of aesthetics, the new wiiu controller is amazing. much better than any other console controller. but in terms of practicality, we'll have to wait and see.

:phone:

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I neither slid nor bended though. Simultaneous button coverage is the way to go :awesome:

hahaha, i completely ignored what you said, didn't i

sorry 'bout that, i was still waking up

i agree about the triggers. i understand that games these days sort of require variable triggers, but for smash, i'd much rather have a regular button... i do like the xbox 360 triggers, though. goddamn they are smooth and sexy-feeling

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ffs you people are on a forum that deals with a game on the n64

THE NINTENDO 64 FFS, YOU'D THINK YOU OF ALL PEOPLE COULD DEAL WITH ****TY CONTROLLERS

and honestly, i don't mind the wii U controller

The Star King

Smash Hero
^Yeah I was actually thinking that the whole time, had to resist hating on 64 controller because I know a lot of you nerds are fanboys

Top Bottom