• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I can't believe today marks the 20th anniversary of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

To this very day it stands as one of my most favorite cartoons of all time and it has aged phenomenally.

Thankfully my brother gave me the entire series on my computer a long time ago (though I think it's missing a couple of specials).
It's that old? I thought it started around 2005 or so.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do you think the ARMS rep will always face the opponent in 1v1 a la Ryu/Ken/Terry?

I know it's not a popular topic but that's what you do in the ARMS game.
The Guile AT has the mechanic, but I don't think Spring Man does.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't believe today marks the 20th anniversary of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

To this very day it stands as one of my most favorite cartoons of all time and it has aged phenomenally.

Thankfully my brother gave me the entire series on my computer a long time ago (though I think it's missing a couple of specials).
Hold up, Billy and Mandy turns 20 this year?

...I thought the show was from 2003 or 4, not 2000.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Update: My mom decided on a name for her cat. She's now named Beasty. Not the name I would have gone with but hey, it's her cat.

Who said dogs and cats can't get along?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
alright, a couple days ago, i mentioned doing a roster for a hypothetical jojo fighting game made by arcsys. and here it is! keep in mind that, like the rest of arcsys' output, this would be 2D. so picture this as less eyes of heaven, more heritage for the future, to use previous jojo fighting games as an example.
So the starting roster would be 16 characters. Then there'd be 4 DLC seasons composed of 8 characters each, for a grand total of 48 characters, because 48 is just a really nice number for fighting game rosters. I could stick most of the roster in one of 4 categories: Protags, villains, important side characters, and ensemble darkhorses. This last category is important to take in consideration for some of the character choices further down the line. I also tried to avoid more than one character spot going to the same character as much as possible, but there IS one exception that you will see pretty soon. But basically this means that you won't be seeing, say, Old Joseph or Part 4 Jotaro.
Base Roster:
Part 1: Jonathan Joestar, Dio Brando
Part 2: Joseph Joestar, Kars
Part 3: Jotaro Kujo, DIO
Part 4: Josuke Higashikata, Yoshikage Kira
Part 5: Giorno Giovanna, Diavolo
Part 6: Jolyne Cujoh, Enrico Pucci
Part 7: Johnny Joestar, Funny Valentine
Part 8: The other Josuke (who fans refer to as Gappy), Jobin Higashikata

Season 1:
Part 1: Robert E. O. Speedwagon
Part 2: Caesar A. Zeppeli
Part 3: Noriaki Kakyoin
Part 4: Okuyasu Nijimura
Part 5: Bruno Bucciarati
Part 6: Ermes Costello
Part 7: Gyro Zeppeli
Part 8: Yasuho Hirose

Season 2:
Part 1: Will A. Zeppeli
Part 2: Lisa Lisa
Part 3: Avdol
Part 4: Koichi Hirose
Part 5: Guido Mista
Part 6: Narciso Anasui
Part 7: Diego Brando
Part 8: Rai Mamezuku

Season 3:
Part 1: Tarkus
Part 2: Rudol von Stroheim
Part 3: Jean-Pierre Polnareff
Part 4: Rohan Kishibe
Part 5: Narancia
Part 6: Weather Report
Part 7: Ringo Roadagain
Part 8: Joshu Higashikata (joke character)

Season 4:
Part 1: Bruford
Part 2: Wamuu (yes, unfortunately i had to leave out esidisi for the sake of german science)
Part 3: Hol Horse
Part 4: Akira Otoishi
Part 5: Trish Una
Part 6: Foo Fighters
Part 7: Hot Pants
Part 8: Tamaki Damo

So, the final roster would be this:
Part 1: Jonathan Joestar, Robert E. O. Speedwagon, Will A. Zeppeli, Tarkus, Bruford, Dio Brando
Part 2: Joseph Joestar, Caesar A. Zeppeli, Lisa Lisa, Rudol von Stroheim, Wamuu, Kars
Part 3: Jotaro Kujo, Noriaki Kakyoin, Avdol, Jean-Pierre Polnareff, Hol Horse, DIO
Part 4: Josuke Higashikata, Okuyasu Nijimura, Koichi Hirose, Rohan Kishibe, Akira Otoishi, Yoshikage Kira
Part 5: Giorno Giovanna, Bruno Bucciarati, Guido Mista, Narancia, Trish Una, Diavolo
Part 6: Jolyne Cujoh, Ermes Costello, Narciso Anasui, Weather Report, Foo Fighters, Enrico Pucci
Part 7: Johnny Joestar, Gyro Zeppeli, Diego Brando, Ringo Roadagain, Hot Pants, Funny Valentine
Part 8: Part 8 Josuke/Gappy, Yasuho Hirose, Rai Mamezuku, Joshu Higashikata, Tamaki Damo, Jobin Higashikata

Aaaaand that's it. I know there are some omissions (4 characters I really wanted to include were the aforementioned Esidisi, Yukako, Fugo and Abbacchio), but I hope I managed to deliver a satisfying roster nonetheless.

tagging @JDCabrera since he asked to be tagged when i first mentioned doing this

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The eShop has a lot of sales going on at the same time. With so many games up for sale, what are some of the best deals that you've seen?

For me, these stand out:

-Screencheat: Unplugged (only played the original Screencheat, but it's a fun multiplayer game for less than $5)
-Dragon Quest XI (you'll definitely get your money's worth here)
-Runbow (it's a great game, especially for multiplayer, and again, it's less than 5 bucks)
-Doom (2016) - I don't know how often it goes on sale, but it's half price, and it's an incredible game
-Devil May Cry 3 (the Switch version has a ton of new features, to the point where it almost feels like a new game)
-Telltale's the Walking Dead (each season is on sale for pretty cheap prices, and the first two seasons are great - I haven't played the third or fourth, but from what I see, you could get the whole series for $30 or less)
-the Guacamelee games, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - if you want to get into Metroidvanias, I'd strongly recommend any of these

I picked up Fire Emblem Warriors, though I haven't played much of it yet. There are other games that I could recommend, like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, or any number of retro collections, but I figure people are already aware of those. Still, if you were introduced to a series through Smash and want to get into it, it couldn't hurt to check if there's a game from that series on sale. (So far, I've seen Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Castlevania collections on sale)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Update: My mom decided on a name for her cat. She's now named Beasty. Not the name I would have gone with but hey, it's her cat.

Who said dogs and cats can't get along?
D'awww <3 That's the sweetest and most adorable pic I have seen all day. :cheep:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The eShop has a lot of sales going on at the same time. With so many games up for sale, what are some of the best deals that you've seen?

For me, these stand out:

-Screencheat: Unplugged (only played the original Screencheat, but it's a fun multiplayer game for less than $5)
-Dragon Quest XI (you'll definitely get your money's worth here)
-Runbow (it's a great game, especially for multiplayer, and again, it's less than 5 bucks)
-Doom (2016) - I don't know how often it goes on sale, but it's half price, and it's an incredible game
-Devil May Cry 3 (the Switch version has a ton of new features, to the point where it almost feels like a new game)
-Telltale's the Walking Dead (each season is on sale for pretty cheap prices, and the first two seasons are great - I haven't played the third or fourth, but from what I see, you could get the whole series for $30 or less)
-the Guacamelee games, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - if you want to get into Metroidvanias, I'd strongly recommend any of these

I picked up Fire Emblem Warriors, though I haven't played much of it yet. There are other games that I could recommend, like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, or any number of retro collections, but I figure people are already aware of those. Still, if you were introduced to a series through Smash and want to get into it, it couldn't hurt to check if there's a game from that series on sale. (So far, I've seen Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Castlevania collections on sale)
I'd check this myself but my internet is down and I have to wait until at least Saturday for it to come back up. :c

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, well, since you posted this, I...:

1) Done all the sidequests in Alcamoth, atleast those that were avaible, pretty much taking 90% of my time today, with the 10% left being finally advancing the story.
2)While doing said sidequests, I got Melia extra skill trees, so that's nice.
3)
I finally got the Monado II, the Emperor groove is dead and the confirmation of Fiora being alive, while I already know alot about the story of XB1, including this scene, it still send shiver through me, god this game is great
****, my guy...Alcamoth quest binging is kinda the pits. I can't say too much since I did the same, though (recently hit five stars for Frontier Village too).

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game so far, and the story only becomes even more bat**** crazy from that point on.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Apparently the most canonical Mama Yoshi

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Papa Genos posted a new video on the ARMS rep but also talked about rumors going Around behind the scenes from credible sources. They are still rumors but I figured it’s worth posting.
Spoilers just in case:

The ARMS reps most common name is Min Min, however people were hearing Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as well. Which could be leak bait however like Luminary and Erdrick, this could play into the theory that the character has alts like Hero.

Sources are also saying FP 7 was meant to be revealed alongside the ARMS character as well but delays may have affected the reveal. The character doesn’t seem to be known outside of being a third party.

So this is similar to current speculation but it still makes sense.

My bet the Arms character is multiple characters and I still stand by Geno for FP7 because that be a big bombshell reveal rivaling Banjo’s last year.

I also hope they will still reveal FP 7 with the ARMs rep because that be pretty hype.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Papa Genos posted a new video on the ARMS rep but also talked about rumors going Around behind the scenes from credible sources. They are still rumors but I figured it’s worth posting.
Spoilers just in case:

The ARMS reps most common name is Min Min, however people were hearing Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as well. Which could be leak bait however like Luminary and Erdrick, this could play into the theory that the character has alts like Hero.

Sources are also saying FP 7 was meant to be revealed alongside the ARMS character as well but delays may have affected the reveal. The character doesn’t seem to be known outside of being a third party.

My bet the Arms character is multiple characters and I still stand by Geno for FP7 because that be a big bombshell reveal rivaling Banjo’s last year.

I also hope they will still reveal FP 7 with the ARMs rep because that be pretty hype.
isn't this the guy who did the Byleth freakout? I thought he had a 0% track reacord

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
TMW when you're trying to find a cool Akechi picture to use as a pfp and you run into that kind of art...

42516-full.png

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
isn't this the guy who did the Byleth freakout? I thought he had a 0% track reacord
iirc he’s been trustworthy among others that go on discord with him, has talked with Sabi multiple times in the past (as much of a big ego and desperation Sabi has shown to have in the past I still thought it was worth mentioning) and technically he got Banjo & Kazooie correct since his source originally thought they’d be DLC before theorizing based on Grinch.

He may also be among those who talked to “Mii Costume Guy” who got Banjo & Kazooie’s and SNK’s mii costumes correct, but I don’t remember for sure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I finished my artwork for the RockManDay stuff. You knew I had to draw the gang members. I tried combining SNES Mega Man X and Command Mission Mega Man X's designs together. Same with MMX2 Zero and GBA Zero.

I'll probably take a break tomorrow. Unless I get a crazy good idea. Could have been done even faster, but Photoshop was kind of being slow for some of the process. Which was really annoying.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I have all the ones that I can get through the board, I believe I need to complete all the summons, Classic and Challenge ones
Ah, okay - the classic ones should be easy enough, just repetitive. For challenges, if you don't have Mew, I'd suggest playing the true final boss on Very Easy. (you need to beat the true final boss without dying - I only managed that with an Olimar glitch that's since been patched, so I won't be much help there)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ah, okay - the classic ones should be easy enough, just repetitive. For challenges, if you don't have Mew, I'd suggest playing the true final boss on Very Easy. (you need to beat the true final boss without dying - I only managed that with an Olimar glitch that's since been patched, so I won't be much help there)
I’m gonna need a good spirit team then.

Boltund maybe.
Or just a giant ass Yamper

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
iirc he’s been trustworthy among others that go on discord with him, has talked with Sabi multiple times in the past (as much of a big ego and desperation Sabi has shown to have in the past I still thought it was worth mentioning) and technically he got Banjo & Kazooie correct since his source originally thought they’d be DLC before theorizing based on Grinch.

He may also be among those who talked to “Mii Costume Guy” who got Banjo & Kazooie’s and SNK’s mii costumes correct, but I don’t remember for sure.
I'm still pressing doubt. IMO, the mysterious "who's gonna be the Arms character" thing just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint if it was the mascots or the most popular character in the fandom.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes but that fake reaction has nothing to do with record. He still actively communicates with leakers and insiders and is the same person that knew of Banjo months in advance as well as is the same person VR plant contacted. So he does absolutely have connections even if they aren’t all right.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

that is all true, I forgot he talked to the mii costume person as well.
I'm still pressing doubt. IMO, the mysterious "who's gonna be the Arms character" thing just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint if it was the mascots or the most popular character in the fandom.
That’s why those rumors and the theory of multiple characters ala Hero makes the most sense. They mostly have similar bases and moves, and could easily work that way. It also would answer why the put out so many choices and asked which one it would be.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's a chance that the trailer was unfinished at that time and to not keep us tell us which series the next character would be from.
It's usually the type of film me and my best friend go to see. Right up our alley.
I don't know where these films were in my life and how I never even saw or let alone seen them when younger.

The same goes for Speed and Point Break. Lot of movies I had been missing out on that I should had seen long ago.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Spoilers just in case:

Has there been any update on Smash rumours recently?

And I heard Sabi surfaced again with the P4G for PC.
Yes see the other post I quoted. It’s about what insiders are apparently saying amongst themselves in regardless to what would have been smash at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom