• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I actually feel like Phoenix is a very likely choice this time.

Resident evil is out of the way, monster hunter is out of the way, street fighter and mega man are already repped.

That leaves Ace Attorney that up until recently was a huge 3rd exclusive That still has plenty of requests for smash.

Capcom is easy to work with, and ace attorney 7 is likely coming. It be the perfect time to add Phoenix imo
Phoenix still has some serious competition with funny wahoo pizza man if we're getting another Capcom rep.

D

Deleted member

I don't have much to say other than keep up what you are doing.
Yup!

On a more personal note, I'm thinking of doing a hand drawn segment once I start actual work on the next step of my personal project(Fight Scenes aren't something I can make work in RPGmaker itself honestly, or at least the "grand fight between 10+ people, most of whom are small enemies who don't pose much threat" kinda fights)

Of course, I could also just do 3d animation, but uh I would need to make a lot of models, and hoo boy, if my time in Engineering class has taught me anything, making models is a pain in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Phoenix still has some serious competition with funny wahoo pizza man if we're getting another Capcom rep.
While this is true, Dante’s demand only really blew up in the last year. Even if Phoenix’s overall demand is lower or quieter, it’s been a consistent constant in Smash speculation for years.

If Vol 2 was decided around E3 last year, I’d honestly say Phoenix is likelier than Dante.

Although Dante is my second most wanted, behind only Mr. Wright himself, so I’d lose my mind if we got both.

Krankees

Smash Ace
At this point, I'll take anything for Phoenix. Of course I'll feel depressed for a bit if it's a Mii costume or spirit but it's better than nothing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While this is true, Dante’s demand only really blew up in the last year. Even if Phoenix’s overall demand is lower or quieter, it’s been a consistent constant in Smash speculation for years.

If Vol 2 was decided around E3 last year, I’d honestly say Phoenix is likelier than Dante.

Although Dante is my second most wanted, behind only Mr. Wright himself, so I’d lose my mind if we got both.
Hey, I'd be down for Phoenix even though I'm not very familiar with his series and my only real exposure to him was through UMvC3.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe, but they were talking about dante should be on Nintendo consoles before smash can be considered.

Which makes it feel like the producer seems a little less confident in him being added.

Which if you go by their logic, Phoenix might as well be a Nintendo character tbh. Plus Bidoof made a great point about Phoenix having a longer period of demand then dante.

It could go either way but I feel Phoenix is likelier and would be very surprised if dante got in first

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another thing to consider is banjo.

Nintendo chose him over Steve or master chief because they knew of the long term demand he had.

So if they have that mindset, I could see them go for Phoenix first and foremost. Either way no capcom character would be surprising to say the least.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megadoomer Megadoomer check Nintendo of America's Twitter.

Some news for a certain game both of us play has released.
Awesome! The Ultimate Alliance DLC is coming out much sooner than I expected (I was thinking May, not March), and the Fantastic Four look great. (Has Reed had a beard in the comics? Outside of the recent Secret Wars event, I thought he was usually clean-shaven)

Here's hoping that we get new story content this time around, as opposed to thinly-modified enemies in pre-existing levels.

Also, this reminds me that I still need to get the new alts for Spider-Gwen, Miles, and Venom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was originally going to do a different piece of concept art(specifically a back shot of Blitz facing Chaos Breaker, anime-style) but I screwed up halfway thru and decided that I wasn't going to waste resources.

So I did a quick lil doodle of how I want to handle fight scenes.
Nothing too definitive, right now the only thing I'm sure of is Blitz being in most of em. The enemies are generic placeholders for right now.
IMG_20200219_125546 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Awesome! The Ultimate Alliance DLC is coming out much sooner than I expected (I was thinking May, not March), and the Fantastic Four look great. (Has Reed had a beard in the comics? Outside of the recent Secret Wars event, I thought he was usually clean-shaven)

Here's hoping that we get new story content this time around, as opposed to thinly-modified enemies in pre-existing levels.
His beard's been a thing since 2018 with the Dan Slott and Sara Pichelli run.

D

Deleted member

Also, this reminds me that I still need to get the new alts for Spider-Gwen, Miles, and Venom.
Yes, Reed has a beard in the new comics.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We got our second direct lads

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I refuse to engage in character specific speculation anymore. Not until we have a data point on the next pass. Besides, everything we discuss is all arbitrary rules and personal fantasies anyway.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Aw, hell ****ing yes! Fantastic 4 in Ultimate Alliance 3 next month.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Guacamelee is really fun.
I just bought it and have been very much enjoying it
I know it's on Switch I think.

At the moment leaning towards Umihara Kawase for my game this month.
Told my parent (I'm almost 23 but I use my birthday to ask for ****) to give me til tomorrow but they be like no with a £70. Tonight.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I know it's on Switch I think.

At the moment leaning towards Umihara Kawase for my game this month.
Told my parent (I'm almost 23 but I use my birthday to ask for ****) to give me til tomorrow but they be like no with a £70. Tonight.
That looks cute. Enjoy. I might give it a shot after I get through Gucamelee 1 and 2.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So Sakurai's new Famitsu column is out. Things to note:
  • No Season 3
  • No plans for a new Smash
  • Nintendo chose the DLC, not Sakurai
I hate it when Smash fans are always being salty at Sakurai and blame him several times for fan requested characters not being in Smash.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK, OK, I need some advice here. Can't turn to my friends tonight so this is the only option.

So thinking of what to get for myself.

Novels but my house is going to be loud for the next few months so that's out.

Games is a suggestion.

Notebooks but I do everything online and been having writer's block recently.

Storage stuff like SD cards and all is a suggestion.

Just casually thinking here.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
OK, OK, I need some advice here. Can't turn to my friends tonight so this is the only option.

Games is a suggestion.

I download everything I see. Can never have enough storage space. I would suggest that. Next a game, and then a book.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Games is a suggestion.

If you want a game might I recommend
bayonetta.png

;)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator pitch: A Mario Kart x Sonic and All-Stars Racing x Crash Team Racing crossover game. Characters and tracks from across all three series. You can choose to drive with MK controls, SaASR controls, or CTR controls. Like the groove system from Capcom vs SNK. Most tracks have the transformation gimmick enabled, which will carry across all three styles, but can be turned off so you just race across the basic track on wheels. It would also feature CTR’s Grand Prix system with new tracks, characters, costumes, karts, and customization options added each month for about a year.

Would you support such a title?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Elevator pitch: A Mario Kart x Sonic and All-Stars Racing x Crash Team Racing crossover game. Characters and tracks from across all three series. You can choose to drive with MK controls, SaASR controls, or CTR controls. Like the groove system from Capcom vs SNK. Most tracks have the transformation gimmick enabled, which will carry across all three styles, but can be turned off so you just race across the basic track on wheels. It would also feature CTR’s Grand Prix system with new tracks, characters, costumes, karts, and customization options added each month for about a year.

Would you support such a title?
As long as there is no micro transactions. and the complete base game is on the cart.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have it. A good of friend mine a few years back was like "dude play it." While haven't completed both games they are great.
Son of a ***** gave me a list of games to get when I got the Switch. Got them all.
Have you played any of the Crash or Spyro remakes? I recommend getting all three. And if you don’t play them.... well.... you’ll never see your hamster alive again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom