• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'd be ok with King Boo and Tom Nook if they wanted to promote weegee's mansion and new horizons, I wonder what they could do with Tom Nook to make him more unique though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sakurai column is leaking. He claims there are no more plans for ultimate after this pass:

Why were those 4 slots added the same time as this passes slot then? Hmmm
That's not too surprising. We weren't even supposed to get a Season 2 in the first place. Things could change for sure, but if not, the game offered a lot already.

Some people are already getting disappointed, and we don't even know how the pass will turn out yet. We could get some dope stuff I feel.

D

Deleted member

I'd be ok with King Boo and Tom Nook if they wanted to promote weegee's mansion and new horizons, I wonder what they could do with Tom Nook to make him more unique though.
They could give Nook a resource meter. Gain money for doing well, lose money for doing poorly and the more you have the stronger the attacks. In other words:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We all jest, but what if like half of this fighters pass was promotional first party picks?
Depends on who it is. If it's something from Metroid or Xenoblade(Fiora, Reyn, Elma ect.), that could be pretty cool. But if it was FE Heroes actually happening like we tend to joke about, I'd be pretty apathetic towards them.

Third parties could go nearly anywhere. So if it's someone I give a **** about, I'll be happy.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
On the one hand, Tom Nook would be equal parts hilarious and incredible as an addition. I'd be hype.

On the other hand, Anna could be a money based fighter, too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now this may seem like one of those "Hot Takes" that the kids give out these days, but Wario would have been the perfect Money fighter.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Next pass, i'm calling it right now:
Bee Mario
Chris Chan
Broken Smashboards image
A lizard
Optimus Prime
and Baboom

You heard it here first

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are pictures only broken for me or it's Smashboards being Smashboards as usual?

D

Deleted member

Oh right, I forgot. We have that New Horizons Direct tomorrow, so he has to be a lock! Never mind the 532 other times a game-specific direct didn't announce a character from their series.
Um... Idk if you’re joking or not but I wasn’t saying Tom Nook was a lock because of the Direct tomorrow, I myself was just jokingly responding to a comment about the whole pass being promo picks for new releases ( I put the ":ultpacman:" in ), and that they somehow missed New Horizons.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Alright, that's it.

You're making me take this even further beyond.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Ultra Instinct Baboom, when?

Depends on who it is. If it's something from Metroid or Xenoblade(Fiora, Reyn, Elma ect.), that could be pretty cool. But if it was FE Heroes actually happening like we tend to joke about, I'd be pretty apathetic towards them.

Third parties could go nearly anywhere. So if it's someone I give a **** about, I'll be happy.
As a Fire Emblem fan, I would heavily dislike another Fire Emblem character. Give the people something else, Sakurai.

Though, I'd be down for Xenoblade, or even Luigi's Mansion 3.

I do agree that third parties are the more exciting option, because the options are near endless for those.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright, that's it.

You're making me take this even further beyond.

Ew.
Or you could not and stop taking Smash DLC, and video games in general, like they're life or death
Come on girl! It was just a joke! Life isn’t all rain clouds, everyone has high days and lows. And if you can’t make fun of yourself, well, then who can...

Yeah. I’m feeling a little Jokery today.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
please help me tom nook has taken all of my income and won't let me decline a house upgrade. my family is starving even though we have a mansion.
tom nook, you scoundrel, you have disabled image uploading from smashboards in an attempt to make more profits! i will not stand for this!!! TOM NOOK, YOUR DAY OF RECKONING HAS COME

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tom Nook relented and images now work. Sorry for the inconvenience y'all.

1582133507751.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
tom nook, you scoundrel, you have disabled image uploading from smashboards in an attempt to make more profits! i will not stand for this!!! TOM NOOK, YOUR DAY OF RECKONING HAS COME
“Ah I can enable image uploading... for every bell in the world!”
Forget Isabelle, I wanna see Tom Nook in Doom Eternal as the final boss!

D

Deleted member

Here, Smash Bros characters represented with Major Arcana, I accept constructive criticism:
Arcana can be ambiguous, so can you detail what each arcana means?

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Arcana can be ambiguous, so can you detail what they mean for each character?
I mostly followed Persona's interpretations, with some of them focusing on different aspects of the cards for different characters (for example Lovers is "hard choice" for Corrin and "strong affinity" for Ice Climbers).

Fool: unlimited potential
Magician: immaturity and energy
Priestess: passive, feminine power
Empress: motherhood
Emperor: paternal roles, kinghood
Hierophant: order, tradition
Lovers: choice, coming to understand others
Chariot: lack of inhibition
Justice: justice
Hermit: isolation, inner knowledge
Fortune: destiny, events out of your control
Strength: loyalty, courage, determination
Hanged Man: sacrifice, loss, hardships
Death: change
Temperance: acceptance, peace
Devil: greed, selfishness
Tower: corruption
Star: blind hope, naivety
Moon: things not being like what they seem
Sun: calculated hope, optimism
Judgment: the end, evaluation

D

Deleted member

I find it mildly ironic that whenever I post stuff I put effort into, people tend to ignore it or just shoot me, but when I make ****posts that take like 2 seconds of actually thought I get showered with likes.
images.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Nintendo chose the DLC again, there’s absolutely a promotional pick in there and I’m fully betting as I have been it’s from Pokémon.

It’s going to be Rilaboom or Urisfu

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Me knowing Layton, sora, Ammy and Pheonix are never going to be in smash
View attachment 263075
I actually feel like Phoenix is a very likely choice this time.

Resident evil is out of the way, monster hunter is out of the way, street fighter and mega man are already repped.

That leaves Ace Attorney that up until recently was a huge 3rd exclusive That still has plenty of requests for smash.

Capcom is easy to work with, and ace attorney 7 is likely coming. It be the perfect time to add Phoenix imo

D

Deleted member

Ok, now that a certain someone seems to be offline, I think I can now share the thing I'm secretive about

The time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom