• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I HATE fighting Mr. Mime. He keeps making barriers and when he uses Confusion on my character my controls get reversed! It's awful. Terrible game design. They may as well rename him to "Mr. Crime"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I knew Mr. Mime's popularity would surge once Detective Pikachu swung around.
Mr.Mime was always funny in the anime but they barely had show up. I’m glad that detective Pikachu made it popular enough to have a whole new spotlight in the anime.

D

Deleted member

So by this point it’s probably a guarantee of a 2020 reveal for Fighter #5. Not saying I agree with this at all, but please just let this dlc cycle be over!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Rose Tyler is still my favorite traveling companion.

Also Handles needed more screentime than what I've heard he has.

Didn't catch all of that one, sadly. My evening got busy mid-episode. If it's on again any time soon, I ought to record it.

For what I saw though, Tennant was still very much on-point.

2016 was a serious mixed bag of a year.

Do you have any opinion on the 13th Doctor as of yet?

Every now and then there's one pun I can think up that I just have to use. And hey, as it turns out, I've gradually warmed up to punning again since 2018 lol.
I have many things to say haha

First, I dislike Rose. Sorry, but in season 2 she's relegated to a one-note jealous wackjob and it's very obnoxious. I can't stand her there, which is a shame because she's written nicely in season 1. S1 Rose has aged like a fine wine, while S2 Rose has aged like Wal-Mart brand milk.

Tennant is your avatar now as I can see, and that pleases me lol. He's such a good actor and while he wasn't always my favorite Doctor, his character gets more engaging the more you watch him.

Ok, so 13... Jodie Whittaker... she's meh. Like, she does a good job of acting but the writing of the character makes her out to be just kinda average. I like her a *little* more than my least favorite doctor, which is 5 (Davison's doctor is a big non-factor for me in the Doctor Who universe), but being 2nd worst isn't good either.

D

Deleted member

You’ve got another year at least
I was referring to just the fighter’s pass. I probably will just ignore the extra dlc entirely unless one of my most-wanteds gets revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just played Smash Bros Ultimate for the first time in about 6 weeks. It feels faster than I remembered. Is that how it is when you without playing fighting games for a while?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Played some Breath of the Wild. Man the open world is huge. So much exploring to do.

And controls and gameplay I quickly got adjusted to. To think this is just the beginning! Who knows what I'm about to experience! :grin:

Definitely think I made the right call on what to play next.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Downloaded Bardock and Videl in dbfz today. I’ve heard Bardock is amazing but idk about Videl. Either way I think I have just about all the good characters now.

D

Deleted member

Played some Breath of the Wild. Man the open world is huge. So much exploring to do.

And controls and gameplay I quickly got adjusted to. To think this is just the beginning! Who knows what I'm about to experience! :grin:

Definitely think I made the right call on what to play next.
Try to avoid spoilers thou.

best way to progress IMO; head for the towers and climb them ASAP. Having a complete map will help you massively.
Also, dunno where you are right now in the game, so gonna spoiler this
Keep as many monster parts as you can, and minimize what stuff you get rid of, because Great Fairy’s exist and can upgrade your armor

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Next question remains though what I should play next after it?

Kirby Star Allies
Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario Odyssey
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'll let you guys vote.
Try to avoid spoilers thou.

best way to progress IMO; head for the towers and climb them ASAP. Having a complete map will help you massively.
Also, dunno where you are right now in the game, so gonna spoiler this
Keep as many monster parts as you can, and minimize what stuff you get rid of, because Great Fairy’s exist and can upgrade your armor
Duty noted. Will do that when I play more. Also only at the beginning. First play was to get an idea.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Kirby Star Allies
Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario Odyssey
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'll let you guys vote.
Mario Odyssey would likely have the most content, so I'd say to go with that. While I haven't played Yoshi's Crafted World or Luigi's Mansion, I was able to beat Kirby Star Allies in two days, (though this was before all of the free updates were added) so it likely won't keep you occupied for too long. (still a fun game; just short)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kirby Star Allies
Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario Odyssey
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'll let you guys vote.

Duty noted. Will do that when I play more. Also only at the beginning. First play was to get an idea.
Yeah, but if you decide to go all in, you’re gonna want to invest hours into each play session. The game can be beaten in less than an hour, but doing so the first time is very difficult.
I would reccomend for a first run to go the direction the story wants you to go, than any other runs afterwards would be better suited for “fun” runs, where you kinda just do whatever you want, story be damned.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Kirby Star Allies
Luigi's Mansion 3
Super Mario Odyssey
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'll let you guys vote.

Mario Odyssey for reals

Is there a place I can buy new toys for my Pokémon?
You get them by cooking lots of curry.

It’s tedious.

D

Deleted member

Ok so we talk a lot about our favourite movies, shows or games of the year...

...But what about our favourite comebacks of obscure/forgotten characters/games into media?

In my case, my favourite forgotten/obscure character/game comebacks of the year are these in no order:

>The Fantastic Four basically in every current Marvel media
>Johnny Thunder in the last series of LEGO Collectable Minifigures
>Famicom Detective Club on a Switch remake
>Darkwing Duck in the Ducktales reboot
>The DQ8 Hero through Smash Ultimate
>Banjo through Smash Ultimate
>Penta Penguin in CTR NF
>And of course, the character on my pfp, Clutch Powers through Ninjago:

Noipoi

Howdy!

...But what about our favourite comebacks of obscure/forgotten characters/games into media?

In my case, my favourite forgotten/obscure character/game comebacks of the year are these in no order:

>Penta Penguin in CTR NF
Gotta give the dub to the boi Banjo comin back form the dead

D

Deleted member

>Penta Penguin in CTR NF

Personally, I’m just happy that people round here actually know what Buddyfight is now. Just gotta hope Bushiroad doesn’t abandon it

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

>Penta Penguin in CTR NF

I'm gonna go with DQ8 joining smash.

Purely because of a coincidence, I decided to replay DQ8 just a couple days before the announcement and I never expected something like this because I thought DQ would get the same treatment as FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom